Possible Suspicious Incidents

wkmac

A common tactic of the smug to mock those that recognize that we are not that far removed from the terrorist threat.

I'm afraid you sometimes spend so much time seeking the wisdom of the extreme wack jobs that you struggle with the opinions of normal people.

Warning Very Long post: Take your shots but I'm just saying

Tie,
The reason I poked such fun at your over reaction is because I think the over reaction is just unwarranted at this point. Genuine concern, yes but not over reaction and I think the “rubber bomber” is just more proof if he turns out to be Al Qaeda at how ineffective they are but in respect to your point, they can get lucky also and therein the reason for concern.

PETN is a very powerful explosive and had it gone off on the plane, it would have been very bad and yes this discussion would be very different indeed. PETN is a key compound in semtex but it and of itself doesn’t detonate very easily as it requires some type of primary detonation before PETN secondary reaction can take place. The compound is also the core of Detcord (detonation cord) but even detcord requires an initiator like a blasting cap. PETN is also used in the medical field as a vasodilator for heart conditions and the drug Lentonitratis almost pure PETN. So if it is so dangerous to detonate, why in such pure form is it allowed in the medicine chests for American homes? The next question also is from what source did the rubber bomber get his PETN, ordinance grade or medical? “IF” it’s medical, this even further questions the sophistication of the attack and points more and more to the amateurish nature that it’s appearing to be thus the tag “rubber (as in Trojan) bomber”, “underwear bomber”, etc.
There is also the question concerning the total failure of security to prevent this clown from boarding a commercial air flight, especially in Europe. We’ve all heard about the early warning of this guy but on the day after the incident, a Michigan couple, both lawyers, observed some strange events in Europe prior to the departing plane being boarded. http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/flight_253_passenger_says_at_l.html
OK, who was this 2nd person allegedly seen helping the bomber by-pass standard customs/immigration procedures? Who had that much pull? Or had Mutallab conned some Good Samaritan who had the authority to do his bidding with some cock and bull story? You’re right, who knows! But the appearance of the well dressed stranger is what raises the point of looking further and much broader at this whole situation.
First, the Al Qaeda connection. On Monday the 28th, this Fox News story was rather a typical of what we were hearing about this whole event.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581307,00.html The article tells us that Mutallab is connected to Al Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula (otherwise known as AQAP) and that AQAP has claimed responsibility although no source for that claim was given. Don’t jump, there is a source but that comes later. In the 3rd paragraph on the news story, Fox reports that there have been 2 US led airstrikes within Yemen against Al Qaeda operatives this month (December 09) and this is further verified by a CBS report on December 19th http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/18/world/main5997532.shtml of the first airstrike on Dec. 18th and Fox reported the 2nd strike as the day before Mutallab tried his stunt. That paragraph IMO was trying to paint a motive on Mutallab via Al Qaeda in retaliation for the airstrikes but Mutallab as per the same Fox News story purchased his ticket on Dec. 16th.
I’m not suggesting the facts of paragraph 3 don’t have a place in this story (they do) but where it was placed after paragraph 2 where it reports Al Qaeda claimed responsibility just in terms of context IMO is trying to suggest something else. But we should also note that Al Qaeda per the report posted on the internet that they were responsible and yes I will get to that.
But let’s look at Yemen first. We all remember the USS Cole so Yemen is not an unknown country but do we know all the facts about it? Until these latest events I can say I never paid too much attention but let’s look closer. Yemen turns out IMO to be more interesting than first thought and although I know Al Jazeera is not on your must read list, there August 2009’ profile of the Yemen Houthi peoples is very enlightening.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/08/200981294214604934.html I can see where have a Shia influence Islam on the southern border of Sunni Saudi Arabia could cause a problem but I had no idea of the continuing strife over this between the 2 countries. Also it’s no secret the US and Saudi Arabia are very close and now it would appear that Yemen’s gov’t maybe be more pro-American than we realized at least according to the article above. But here’s what also interests me. Yemen didn’t come on the radar when our inept “rubber bomber” took a road trip but earlier this month, we started hearing more and more out of Washington about Yemen. OK, I get the Al Qaeda deal but first off Al Qaeda is Sunni not Shia, as hard as some have tried to paint that brush and with the Wahabbi influence I could see Al Qaeda ticking up in the Yemen Sunni areas. Reuters this past Tuesday reported official Yemen gov’t sources as saying there may be a many as 300 Al Qaeda militants in Yemen. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BS2NR20091229 Now 300 is not something to sneeze at but why now the ramp up in Yemen? Al Qaeda all of a sudden move into the neighborhood? According to a Council on Foreign Relations report in 2005’, Yemen was a terrorist haven then. http://www.cfr.org/publication/9369/ But why in only the last few weeks have we acted in Yemen? Going back to Al Jareeza, I found a rather interesting report from November that really peaked my interest. November 5th 2009 Saudi jets bomb Yemeni Houthis http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/11/20091151323886933.html

From November 8th 2009 Yemen Rules Out Truce With Houthi http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/11/200911723220363295.html

and then on November 23rd 2009 Saudi forces 'fighting in Yemen' http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/11/20091123133924522522.html

OK, Yemen authorities claim only about 300 Al Qaeda exist in country and yet our closest Middle Eastern Ally Saudi Arabia along with another close ally in Yemen whose gov’t is also Sunni are both in a conflict with a Shia based uprising and now we have our gov’t opening a 3rd theater of military operations now in Yemen allegedly to combat Al Qaeda expansion?
Let me give you another possible angle to consider. The conflict between the Yemen Sunni gov’t, the Saudi Sunni gov’t and the Shia houthi has been perculating for years and of recent, yes maybe even with the aid of Iran, and it’s reached a boiling point requiring even the Saudi gov’t to intervene and invade. But now the Saudi’s are in trouble as the Houthi are fighting back effectively.

end part 1

wkmac

A common tactic of the smug to mock those that recognize that we are not that far removed from the terrorist threat.

I'm afraid you sometimes spend so much time seeking the wisdom of the extreme wack jobs that you struggle with the opinions of normal people.

Part 2

The CIA have been in country in Yemen now active for over a year and with the cooperation of the Yemen gov’t so you’d think at over a year they’d have some intel on the local Al Qaeda situation. Now we are learning more and more that Mutallab was by no means an unknown to our gov’t and yet he seems to have been given the VIP treatment and to use the dude in the Miller High Life commercial, been allowed to go past all the “fuzzy ropes” that exist for the rest of us. Could it be that Yemen and Saudi along with a complicit CIA are using the Al Qaeda ruse to smoke screen the real intention of our recent intervention in Yemen and some measure of agent provocateur either Yemen, Saudi or dare I say it, CIA somehow paving the path for a patsy Mutallah and a very poorly constructed “condom bomb”? Why Yemen?

Look at a world map. Yemen’s coastline is the Red Sea to the west and then the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Aden along it’s southern coastline. Across the way is the Horn of Africa and Somalia but more importantly is the major global shipping lane Yemen borders so from a commercial/economic interest, this area in strategic purposes in very important and especially not only to the US but Europe as well.
However, what would you say if President Obama came on TV and announced the US military will open a new military front in Yemen to defend Saudi Arabia’s border interests and Yemen Sunni gov’t interests? I’m guessing you and I would at least agree in this case that the lives of our men and women in uniform is way more valuable than that and not only no but hell no! If President Obama again came on TV but this time said that we are going into Yemen to make sure the commercial shipping lanes in the Gulf of Aden are secure, there might not be that much objection at least from the typical conservative crowd but it’d still be a tough sell especially to some segments of the democratic base although that base hasn’t objected to much when Obama has worn Bush’s big hat and 6 guns for effect so there you go. But the one thing that is the trump card is Al Qaeda. Conservatives think Al Qaeda is the asteroid of Armageddon fame while liberals fear Al Qaeda but they fear even more of not looking hawkish to the independent vote when the spin turns it that way. So now we need an Al Qaeda connection. All it takes if for a Saudi, Yemen operative to cull out the patsy and lay the groundwork and here we are. Imagine even further this past Sunday night when I watched 60 Minutes to see the Base Jumpers who use the wingsuits (that’s so cool) and I watch a CIA piece on the Afghan fight against Al Qaeda. You know, that place with only a handful at best still in country! How do I know it was a CIA story? The lead figure was a CIA operative and his Afghani counterpart but more so, in the story all the pictures were supplied by the CIA in an open admission in the story itself.
It was a very favorable piece to the CIA and the whole effort over there. Justified or not.
Dumb luck and just lucky timing? In and of itself, I’d totally agree but considering everything else taking place, it’s just too convenient for me and like the months notice the gov’t and CIA had on Mutallab, they had months to prepare this puff piece. And if you think that William Paley’s CBS and the CIA along with numerous other media outlets haven’t
worked hand and hand before, then Carl Bernstein in 1977’ would surely say to think again.
http://danwismar.com/uploads/Bernstein%20-%20CIA%20and%20Media.htm

OK, he’s admitted to being Al Qaeda so that proves it. I’ll stipulate that in his mind he may think he’s Al Qaeda but 2 things to consider. It is possible to have pulled him in to something he thinks is Al Qaeda when in fact it is something of a different sort. Our gov’t both foreign and domestic actions have run cover ops before for various purposes and it’s possible this is no different. That aside, Al Qaeda (AQAP) has claimed responsibility that that settles it. I’d tend to agree but there is also more here as well. What is the source that AQAP is claiming responsibility for the Rubber bomber? Let’s look at some stories for a common source.
Here’s a BBC story http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8433151.stm and notice to the immediate right a picture of Mutallab with the bi-line IntelCenter. Down in the text of the story, it quotes IntelCenter pointing to AQAP in the attack. But is there more? How about Examiner.com and look at the phote and text at right. Again, IntelCenter is the source. What about MSN.com? and read the 2nd paragraph. IntelCenter again. Let’s consider a foreign news source like Taipai Times http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2009/12/30/2003462153 and even here IntelCenter is a source. Well just who is IntelCenter? Here’s Ben Venzke CEO of IntelCenter at their website.http://www.intelcenter.com/aboutus.htmlAlso here’s a wiki piece on IntelCenter also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IntelCenter Now because IntelCenter is a private company does or doesn’t mean a thing but it is fair to ask whose interest do they really serve? Would they tell a different story from those who hire them if the facts said such a thing? Can’t prove one way or the other but would it not also be wise on our parts to look for other independent sources to further confirm what IntelCenter is saying? Looking across the web at similar new stories, IntelCenter seems to have an almost exclusive monopoly on this one so in light of this fact alone, I’m not willing to agree the sky is falling just yet. Way to many other factors in the mix for me. Now you can call me wacky, you can say I’m looking at wacky news sources, etc. but the simple fact is the Mainstreet media sold out over the last 10 years, they sold out during Clinton, they sold out during Reagan and as Bernstein only hit the tip of the iceberg, they’ve been sold out all along.

So go ahead and claim the sky is falling but I’m sitting this one out with a damn big grain of salt. If gov’t lied about healthcare, lied about the economic bailout, lied about global warming, lied about this and that, why then do they all of a sudden tell the truth now on this? A liar is a liar is a liar is a liar!

The End!

And all God's People said

AMEN!

:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Part 2
If gov’t lied about healthcare, lied about the economic bailout, lied about global warming, lied about this and that, why then do they all of a sudden tell the truth now on this? A liar is a liar is a liar is a liar!
Remember also the government is completely incompetent and couldn't even run a 7-11, much less anything else. Well except maybe for secret torture programs in which case we should place our blind trust that they will do a good job and keep us safe :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
I don't disagree with governments shortcomings. I do think we are at a point where we will tie the hands of those fighting the terrorist threat.

I think its ok to make geneva convention agreements with other nations. I think we should also declare our intentions to fight the war of terror on the same level it is delivered to us.

Holding to conventional doctrine when fighting an unconventional war ties our hands and eliminates any hope of winning that war.

At this point I see us in a cycle. We recieve an attack and respond with vigor. We then relax. We are in a phase of relaxation now. We'll probably deem the wire tapping as illegal. we've determined the waterboarding to be wrong. Others will get us to shy away from pat downs and scanners as an invasion of our civil liberties. And so we are headed on a path that will someday lead us to a repeat of an event on the scale of 9/11.

diesel96

There are people like you that use the "sometimes" line to promote a hatred of your own country. You're quoting of Reverend Wrong automatically discredits your argument.

I don't know why you're complaining I'm sure somehow its all our faults.

There is a good chance that all those wiretaps helped keep us safe the last eight years.:happy-very:

I don't see your president eliminating any of bushs practices in fact he appears to be adopting those practices. Must be something to them.:happy-very:

I realize you probably want to believe that 9/11 is our fault but thats your hate trip. Personally I think you should take your family and go bond with the terrorist you love so much.
Honestly if you and the other country haters would stop alibing the terrorists actions and stop undermining our efforts then we could probably win this thing pretty quickly. Why don't you guys take a vacation to Pakistan and let us get a handle on this thing.

Diesel your blaming the country and defense of the terrorists has me thinking back to your previous defense of Michael Moores love affair with cuban hospitals:

:dissapointed:I recently read a post quoting the Rev. Wright " The chickens have come home to roost" ??? Have we really sunk this low --The chickens have come home to roost --tells me that Wright and obviously some Americans think AlQaida has "just cause" --- if we follow that train of thought --they must be disappointed when the terroist fails ???? I am sure that will cause a reaction --but realize what you are saying. Just cause = Just actions
Yes, the chickens have come home to roost !! We keep buying oil to keep those DIESELS running !!!
Did I just quote Wright --Shame ,shame shame on me.:sick:

Island, Tie, and the rest of the rt wing fan club, you know how ridiculous you guys sound when you accuse people of hating America, not to mention turning this debate into an old topic of attacking the messenger instead of the message....it's a pretty silly practice
But,back on topic. Allow me to bring you guys up to speed to recent activities and away from denial mode as usual. Glen Greenwald sums it up quite well. Have a go...

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/12/21/terrorism/index.html

I thought it was Malcom X who said "chickens coming home to roost" in response to one of the Kennedys being assasinated.

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when rev wright mentioned "chickens coming home to roost." He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan's terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That's what he told the congregation.
He was quoting Peck as saying that America's foreign policy has put the nation in peril:

Rev Wright said: "I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost."

island1fox

diesel,
This can get confusing for some -not me-
America is to blame for terroist attacks ---America is to blame etc etc.
But I am not part of the Blame America CROWD.

Reminds me of a driver I knew many years ago ---He hated his wife --he remained married---He hated his job --he continued driving--he hated Teamster corruption always told us of the evil teamsters that stole pension money and went to jail over the years --:happy-very:
But yet he bopped around with that teamster jacket and teamster bumper sticker on his car ????
Go figure ?
We are about to enter a new year --I know we are not trying to "convert" each other. We will agree to disagree--
I sent you this on another post --Happy New Year --you and yours --we will continue to joust next year !!!:peaceful: Enjoy.

tieguy

Banned
Island, Tie, and the rest of the rt wing fan club, you know how ridiculous you guys sound when you accuse people of hating America, not to mention turning this debate into an old topic of attacking the messenger instead of the message....it's a pretty silly practice

I can't imagine anything sillier then you trying to argue in defense of these terrorists that apparently in your opinion were forced to attack us.

But,back on topic. Allow me to bring you guys up to speed to recent activities and away from denial mode as usual. Glen Greenwald sums it up quite well. Have a go...

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/12/21/terrorism/index.html

I'm not in disagreement with Glen. In fact I think you and anyone else here that would like to perform fallatio on the terrorists in apology should pack your familys up and do so immediately. Leave the rest of us non apologizing americans here to wallow in our guilt.:happy-very:

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when rev wright mentioned "chickens coming home to roost." He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan's terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That's what he told the congregation.
He was quoting Peck as saying that America's foreign policy has put the nation in peril:

Rev Wright said: "I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost."

All of Reverend Wrongs words are in the youtube clip I posted. maybe you can get a job passing Reverend Wrongs collection plates around for him.:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was thinking about this Christmas Day incident with the bomber. Of course it was scary and thank goodness he failed.

Then I kind of chuckled knowing that forever more, he will be known as the "Underwear Bomber" !! I wonder if that'll make him feel proud among his Muslim buddies???

Give him a pulled pork sandwich :happy-very:.

wkmac

I don't disagree with governments shortcomings. I do think we are at a point where we will tie the hands of those fighting the terrorist threat.

I think its ok to make geneva convention agreements with other nations. I think we should also declare our intentions to fight the war of terror on the same level it is delivered to us.

Holding to conventional doctrine when fighting an unconventional war ties our hands and eliminates any hope of winning that war.

At this point I see us in a cycle. We recieve an attack and respond with vigor. We then relax. We are in a phase of relaxation now. We'll probably deem the wire tapping as illegal. we've determined the waterboarding to be wrong. Others will get us to shy away from pat downs and scanners as an invasion of our civil liberties. And so we are headed on a path that will someday lead us to a repeat of an event on the scale of 9/11.

I appreciate that you acknowledge the treaties, conventions but let us both consider this for a moment. We say our country is based on rule of law and obvious not perfect, the human thing, but that's the goal. If we want to maintain true to that ideal, would it not be proper to revisit those agreements and then change the law accordingly to meet the new conditions. Should we not change the law for example that makes it crystal clear that the gov't can wire tap in the interest of public safety? If we are to waterboard, then those treaties and conventions that make this practice questionable should as a matter of law be changed to again meet the new condition.

We live in a world of risk and the fact of the matter is, we always have and we always will. I'm not suggesting we throw caution to the wind but we also have to accept that the only perfect place of safety and security and where all needs are met daily is a maximum security prison on 24/7 lockdown and I know you're not suggesting anything like that but my point is to ask, how far in that direction are we willing to go and do you or I have the right to drag you or I in that direction if you or I don't want too just so you or I can feel safe at the end of the day? Just as it's equally valid if I don't want to go there, is it right of me to prevent you from that goal? Where's the middle where we both can have what we think we need and still be happy?

Yesterday I went and got a haircut and the guy that cut my hair is from Romania and he grew up in communism. He's a US Citizen now and just loves this country and his christian faith is very important to him. As we talked (I love hearing him talk about old world ways and customs) he told me he was getting afraid for America. I asked why and he seemed reluctant but I told him I believed in true freedom of speech and ideas so he could speak his mind. He said he's watching America move more and more toward the old ways of communism and he does have a unique perspective none of us have to my knowledge. Now I assumed he was talking about the healthcare, etc. debate and the resulting hyperbole of public discussion and when I tired to reassure him that it's just us Americans acting the fool he stopped me. He got me out of the chair and walked me outside the shop. He then pointed up to the cameras at the traffic intersection and said secret police. I tired to again reassure but he then explained his point. He knew right now those cameras were said for one thing but in Romania he said the they had secret police all throughout society, the human version of the traffic camera if you will and at first it was told for our own good and for the security of society. Yet later, it became a tool used by gov't against people to protect itself and serve it's own interests.

I wanted to uttered those most famous words to counter his point, you know the words "but this is America!" but then he asked me had I ever read the Patriot Act and I've read a good bit and acknowledged such. He then asked, "knowing what you saw in the Patriot Act can you stand here and tell me those cameras will never ever become American Secret Police?" And no I could not and the principle reason I could not goes back to my initial point, for the sake of convenience, political convenience if you will, we are not a nation of law anymore.

The very thing that made us unique, that made us different than the mass random mobs that through history so-called democracies tended to morf into, that principle of rule of law we shed, we shed a long time ago in fact and as we fret about some idiot with a ribbed trojan trying to create public havoc, we ignore the best and most powerful weapon the terrorist have and that is us, the American public when we allow ourslves to be overcome and gripped by fear and panic.

And Tie, you and I would agree that fear and panic have been used and manipulated in the area of healthcare, economics, climate change, etc. and yes I also believe that same practice is used by gov't in the area of national security. They did it with the red menace and now with the towelhead terror! Be observant, be vigilant but let's make the bastards prove everything. Stop taking them at their word!

My best to you and your family on this New Year's Day!

wkmac

I was thinking about this Christmas Day incident with the bomber. Of course it was scary and thank goodness he failed.

Then I kind of chuckled knowing that forever more, he will be known as the "Underwear Bomber" !! I wonder if that'll make him feel proud among his Muslim buddies???

Give him a pulled pork sandwich :happy-very:.

Think about this More. That was the best they could do? Now the laughs should become even more (no pun intended) enjoyable!

:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
I appreciate that y

ou acknowledge the treaties, conventions but let us both consider this for a moment. We say our country is based on rule of law and obvious not perfect, the human thing, but that's the goal. If we want to maintain true to that ideal, would it not be proper to revisit those agreements and then change the law accordingly to meet the new conditions.

I don't doubt we agreed to them I don't believe they were agreed to with 9/11 in mind. I recognize the honor in living up to those agreements and applying there rules to this type of warfare.

But I also think the terrorist forces are counting on our abiding by those agreements in order for them to win this war of theres.

To me the application of these rules to this type of warfare is nothing more then dying with honor.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What about the massacre of those Cia guys. Why are we having these attacks at the places that should be so tightly guarded? He looks like a nice enough guy, lets let him in?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
American Secret Police

barry's lastest executive order has created just that.
He gave Interpol unlimited powers within our country; they can do anything they want to anyone with no warrants needed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They said the CIA invited him on the base because they were trying to "flip" him. They didn't search him. No exception should be made for anyone.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now for something different :

“We hope the Egyptians get so annoyed they just want to get rid of us.” Jodie Evans, Cairo, December 29, 2009
Top President Barack Obama funder Jodie Evans and her terrorist sympathizing group Code Pink have provoked a violent crisis in Egypt over an attempt to deliver ‘humanitarian aid’ to Hamas-run Gaza to mark the one-year anniversary of Israel’s response to repeated provocations by Hamas terrorists. Evans was joined in Cairo by Obama pals Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dorhn, both former terrorists with the Weather Underground.

hopefully the Egyptians grant her wish.

wkmac

American Secret Police

He gave Interpol unlimited powers within our country; they can do anything they want to anyone with no warrants needed.

Baba,

Did you go back and read the original Reagan E.O.? "Barry" may have allowed them the right to trash the house but Reagan invited them in for tea and coffee. The first step is getting through the front door, thank you very much Ronald. "Barry's E.O. only amended a few words in a sentence, not write the whole thing!

You guys scream about Barry and Company on the threat of FEMA Camps and rounding up of rebellious citizens and yet you act like all of this was created over the last 11 months. Wrong. First I give you Operation GardenPlot thanks to Ronald Reagan and Company and ironically June 1984'. Another 1984' program again thanks to our freedom loving Reagan was known as REX 84 which was short for Readiness Exercise 1984 and a secondary offshoot of Rex84 was Operation Cable Splicer. Of even greater irony back in the day was learning that one of the influences of Operation Cable Splicer was the movie Red Dawn in that a southern invasion via Mexico was possible although Cable Splicer concerned a mass immigration of illegal aliens instead. The movie made some policy wonks give more thought looking southern towards a Tequila Sunrise!

Some have even argued that John Milius and his movie Red Dawn (influenced by the events of Afghanistan and the mujihudeen) were as much gov't propoganda film as they were anything else and even though I enjoy(ed) the movie, I can't not ignore that point. Hollywood have never been immune to towing the gov't line when need be as much as you guys would love to suggest otherwise.

None of this stuff is new as it's all from the Cold War era and are being adjusted now to a new paradigm or a new propoganda depending on one's POV. Barry's signature is not the creation of something new on a pristine new plan for Michele Bachman et al to get facetime on C-Span with but in fact IMO just one more example of where we are not really getting true change as was promised!

diesel96

diesel,
This can get confusing for some -not me-
America is to blame for terroist attacks ---America is to blame etc etc.
But I am not part of the Blame America CROWD.

Reminds me of a driver I knew many years ago ---He hated his wife --he remained married---He hated his job --he continued driving--he hated Teamster corruption always told us of the evil teamsters that stole pension money and went to jail over the years --:happy-very:
But yet he bopped around with that teamster jacket and teamster bumper sticker on his car ????
Go figure ?

Sounds like a modern day Archie Bunker Ups driver...

We are about to enter a new year --I know we are not trying to "convert" each other. We will agree to disagree--
I sent you this on another post --Happy New Year --you and yours --we will continue to joust next year !!!:peaceful: Enjoy.

Thx Island....back at ya....Have a safe and prosperous New Year

I can't imagine anything sillier then you trying to argue in defense of these terrorists that apparently in your opinion were forced to attack us.

First off Happy New Year Tie.... but gee, thx for forming my own opinion for me. I didn't know that exposing you have blinders on, equates to loving the terrorist....:rofl:

I'm not in disagreement with Glen. In fact I think you and anyone else here that would like to perform fallatio on the terrorists in apology should pack your familys up and do so immediately. Leave the rest of us non apologizing americans here to wallow in our guilt.:happy-very:

Besides living in so much fear, and trying to spread that fear to any sap that would listen, I now know why you never leave the house or the computer. It's that rubber spine of yours allowing you the ability to perform fallatio on yourself.....lol :surprised:<--round mouth

All of Reverend Wrongs words are in the youtube clip I posted. maybe you can get a job passing Reverend Wrongs collection plates around for him.

In that particular sermon, the man speaks truth that is hard for many to listen to but it is truth none the less. War begets war . We should not be surprised when bad stuff happens to us because we do it to others all the time and don't apologize. We actually pride ourselves in our ability to kill efficiently with our superior military technology.

wkmac

It's that rubber spine of yours allowing you the ability to perform fallatio on yourself

Ron-Jeremy.jpg

island1fox

American Secret Police

Baba,
I learned that here on the BC. I understand this was signed by President Obama sometime in late December. I should be shocked that the media has not been all over this--I said should --we can no longer depend on the media to be our "watchdog"
Unless there is something I do not know --that is possible --I would expect that the left -middle-and right should be raising our voices.
Could you imagine if one of diesels or Ties neighbors are guilty of film piracy crimes --interpol breaks into the wrong house to arrest and detain -opps an error was made --according to what I have heard --President Obama has given our rights away--we have no legal recourse against Interpol.
Now come on ---this should be Headline news on every network !!!:angry:

wkmac

but on the day after the incident, a Michigan couple, both lawyers, observed some strange events in Europe prior to the departing plane being boarded. http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/flight_253_passenger_says_at_l.html
OK, who was this 2nd person allegedly seen helping the bomber by-pass standard customs/immigration procedures? Who had that much pull? Or had Mutallab conned some Good Samaritan who had the authority to do his bidding with some cock and bull story?

Seems the story gets even more interesting as the Michigan couple posted further yesterday about continuing events.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/flight_253_passenger_kurt_hask.html