Post-Thanksgiving volume

P

pgraening

The volume tonight at our hub was nearly 26,000 pieces, about 4,000 more than our average nightly volume. Anyone else want to share their numbers?

L

localsort

only 4000 man must be nice we got slamed was up to 37000 we only run 24 on a normal nite. all i have to say is im sore real sore!

B

browncollar

My hub did 168,000 tonight, according to the forecast. An average night is between 130,000 and 140,000. Did 198,000 last Tuesday. With all the seasonals running around, it was less work than normal.

T

toonertoo

We were told toinght that we ran the volume through (estimate) that we ran on peak day last yr. Not to sure, will see the numbers tomorrow, but it was a very heavy day. Merry christmas.

B

brwndude

We were told this morning in our PCM that the volumes that we have had for the last three days, Monday-Wednesday, are at the same levels as the week before christmas last year.

R

rushfan

Yep it's high here. Today it hit here. Caught everyone by surprise. HO HO HO

T

tieguy

Strong rumors flying that we are delivering about a million more packages a day than same time last year. Ho HO HO

T

traveler

I guess I'll hold off selling any calls expiring in January! Ho, Ho, Ho!

The recession seems to be coming to an end.

B

browncollar

Sounds like good news all around.

For the record, we only did 159,000 on Tuesday instead of the predicted 168k. Our forecasts seem to be inflated for some reason. That's still a lot of packages, though. More than this time last year.

M

muncher

Our volume is way up also, yet the preload is still starting way to late, I guess they like the drivers leaving the building at 9:15 am every morning

D

downtowner

muncher, we must be working at the same location. Drivers(me)leave at 9:15. And I have a 25 minute drive to my first stop. Oh well, I just leave 5 or so stops as do most of the other 70 drivers. So thats 220 Air stops management has to deal with and then manipulate the the system to show on time delivery!

D

downtowner

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this headache I've had since Thanksgiving. Gotta go here, gotta go there,
running late gotta get there. :censored2: I'm tired already. All this to be home by 9:00pm

B

brownmonster

Good 1st week of peak. Off the clock every day this week by 5:20. Feeder making pre-lims at 2 of my pickups, gives me 1/2 hour more del time. Weather perfect, 40 degrees and dry. 13 days to go. BM

L

local804

Snow Snow and more Snow here in the North East.Business as usual but the did install a curfew for the blizzard. <u>ALL DRIVERS MUST BE OFF THE CLOCK BY 7:30</u> Geez thanks guys.......

M

muncher

well start tome still the same Monday but volume up more. Thats ok, all those SUPS working all day will give me a nice Christmas Bonus this year!!!!

O

opie

If this is peak season, I'm really not that impressed. Yes, volume is up, but it's nothing that we can handle. Some belts are getting hit harder than others, my belt it just fine so far. I was expecting all the trailers to be backed up etc. Volume for my shift at my HUB on average is about 60,000 and yesterday it was about 70,000. Now, next week I heard is supposed to be the worst week of the year, with our shift getting 80,000+ packages. So, maybe next week we'll get hit hard. They are doing double shifts next week, but I right now am not planning on doing it. Double shift would be you working from start time which next week would be about 4:30PM to about 10PM. And then coming back at midnight and working till 2AM. But, I was told you don't get paid overtime for the double shift! You punch in and out as usual, and then come back and punch in again for the midnight shift. And that is one of the reasons I don't want to do the midnight shift. I thought we get overtime if we go over 25 hours. Even if you don't do the double shift, you still will be working over 25 hours for the week. And if you decide to take the midnight shift for the week you will be over 35 hours for the week. I don't understand why management is saying that we don't get overtime if we do the double shift. Anyways, we should get a nice paycheck since most of us will be working longer hours.

U

ups79

geez-louise, opie, I thought a couple of months ago you were the one really wanting to impress management and make your 30 days. you wanted this job bad, but now that you are given the opportunity to impress them even further by working a double shift you decline, hell you still would not be putting in 8 hours, what happened?

O

opie

I am doing a great job according to my superior(s). I try my best and that's all they ask for. Working the double shift is optional. But, some people have school and other obligations or just want to sleep etc. I'll do the double shift only if I'm going to get overtime if I go over the limit.