pottery barn discount

Coldworld

60 months and counting
would anyone else like to see a ups employee pottery barn discount. With all of our trucks bricked out with their OS3 dresser boxes, it would be nice for PB corporate to thank us for lugging all of those around all day, every day with a little discount!!!

hoser

Industrial Slob
would anyone else like to see a ups employee pottery barn discount. With all of our trucks bricked out with their OS3 dresser boxes, it would be nice for PB corporate to thank us for lugging all of those around all day, every day with a little discount!!!
it's nice of PB to give us their business. we're at service to them. not the other way, suprisingly enough to many upsers on this forum.

Griff

I wouldn't use it, because I know what we go through trying to deliver their crap.

One of the developments I deliver to is full of $800,000-$1.5m houses and I have this stuff almost every single day. Thank god their stuff is severely overpriced or else it would be another QVC for us.

The worst day I can recall with Pottery Barn was coming in and seeing at least 5-6 of the 110-130lb boxes and 4-5 of those huge carpets that are up around 90-100lbs. They were all going to the same house. :confused:1

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
Yep I wouldn't by from PB if they were giving it away. Delv at least a couple truck loads during peak and then a bunch was sent back after xmas.

yeldarb

If I need to ship something, I usually take it to my largest shipper pickup account. Their rates would be about half of the best that I could do.

HazMatMan

I would just like to see Pottery Barn use over weight stickers for their packages, or should we just assume those packages that are the size of a small house over weights??

hoser

Industrial Slob
I would just like to see Pottery Barn use over weight stickers for their packages, or should we just assume those packages that are the size of a small house over weights??
the economists and industrial engineers realised that the cost savings on heavyweight stickers would be $0.0052 per box. they assume handlers know they're heavy, so not using them would land $3.82 in savings per day, or $1394.30 a year, which could buy so many things, like a IBM 486 :tongue_sm

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Pottery Barn account was a major account we took from Fedex. In fact, I think they a based in the same city as them. It does seem like they use incorrect weights on them, especially if you go pick them up as a Call Tag or RS pickup.

local804

the economists and industrial engineers realised that the cost savings on heavyweight stickers would be $0.0052 per box. they assume handlers know they're heavy, so not using them would land $3.82 in savings per day, or $1394.30 a year, which could buy so many things, like a IBM 486 :tongue_sm

You know what happens when people assume, dont you?

Figure these savings, food for thought

$1394.30 a year for savings on stickers
or
$13,000 in workers compensations claims for the worker that gets hurt.

UPS makes a rule re: overweight stickers on their packages, they must stick with them
We all know UPS likes to make the rules when they go along but.......
Lets be serious!

I recommend a discount for UPS and that we patronize our customers. Why not? Would you rather see the Fed Ex driver deliver this volume? Believe me it is very tough to keep those purple guys out of these accounts. I am generally surprised by the answers on this board. Do you want use to just sell letters since they are easy to deliver?

local804

I recommend a discount for UPS and that we patronize our customers. Why not? Would you rather see the Fed Ex driver deliver this volume? Believe me it is very tough to keep those purple guys out of these accounts. I am generally surprised by the answers on this board. Do you want use to just sell letters since they are easy to deliver?

NO we do not want just letters but you can fit 25,000 letter in a p1000 and just 5 pottery barn boxes.
You do the math

UPS employee discounts do not just help out the brownies, the Companies still make a profit and everyone is happy. Think about it 230,000(or more) potential new customers :)

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
The worst day I can recall with Pottery Barn was coming in and seeing at least 5-6 of the 110-130lb boxes and 4-5 of those huge carpets that are up around 90-100lbs. They were all going to the same house. :confused:1

did that once........11 PB dresser of some kind to the same house. dude wasn't home, DR everything front door. next day at work, what do i see? 11 call tags going back to the shipper.:mad:

I agree UPS BOI but the current state of the company leaves us to pick up and deliver anything that can fit into our system. It is a nasty daily battle with FDX and they can discount deeper than ever. Believe me Pottery Barn is not on "published" rates
I have delivered these packages and it is a pain, let's keep delivering them and maybe we can focus on buying more business with a better cube.

local804

Better idea is that if it looks like it fits on a pallet and should fit on a pallet, guess what?
Put it on a pallet and have UPS/Overnight deliver it in a straight job wit a lift.
Now everyone is happy