Praise Management!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I never understand if you guys want the hours and money or not. The porridge is either too hot or too cold...no one is satisfied. I think that’s why management turns a deaf ear...people buddy* and moan either way, so they do what they want.
Sounds like management. Don't back. Please back. Follow orion. Don't follow orion. Sheet that misload nsn but be honest. Take lunch but please don't really take it.

I can keep going. The point is, just because some drivers don't mind a little overtime doesn't mean we all want 12 every day. You can't relate with the mind set of the people who do the work and that is exactly what is wrong with this company. Management like you are the laughing stock of everyone but keep poking that chest out, Mr big shot.

Zowert

The conspiracy part of me is telling me this is a test on how to operate during a strike.
This is what I was thinking. PVDs may never be able to handle the volume but at least the company would be able to operate in some capacity during a strike. This could buy them time to find more subcontractors to drive our package cars. It will undoubtedly give them leverage at the bargaining table. There are so many people out there hungry for work, they wouldn’t give a second thought about crossing our picket line. This is when we would have to go old school Teamsters and make people fear crossing that line.

Everyone needs to vote next contract.

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I never understand if you guys want the hours and money or not. The porridge is either too hot or too cold...no one is satisfied. I think that’s why management turns a deaf ear...people buddy* and moan either way, so they do what they want.
It’s possible they’re two different groups of people...

Over70irregs

This is what I was thinking. PVDs may never be able to handle the volume but at least the company would be able to operate in some capacity during a strike. This could buy them time to find more subcontractors to drive our package cars. It will undoubtedly give them leverage at the bargaining table. There are so many people out there hungry for work, they wouldn’t give a second thought about crossing our picket line. This is when we would have to go old school Teamsters and make people fear crossing that line.

Everyone needs to vote next contract.
Work on voter awareness now. Don’t set up tables wearing “horse head” clothing at last minute.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is my last Peak and the very best Peak I have had since i started in 1985. I wish they had thought of PVD's years ago as there is no excuse to have us delivering at 9 or 10 pm.This will be the first peak I haven't had a gun pulled on me when delivering

Up In Smoke

This is my last Peak and the very best Peak I have had since i started in 1985. I wish they had thought of PVD's years ago as there is no excuse to have us delivering at 9 or 10 pm.This will be the first peak I haven't had a gun pulled on me when delivering
Pensions are not guaranteed. If we lose the PVD fight in arbitration and legislation doesn't define a companies use of manpower, organized labor will be eliminated.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Pensions are not guaranteed. If we lose the PVD fight in arbitration and legislation doesn't define a companies use of manpower, organized labor will be eliminated.
I am not supporting using PVD's year round, but during peak i certainly do.It's absolute BS to expect us to work 70 hours a week during peak. Having to deal with Winter Weather,getting dark at 1800,worrying if I'm going to be shot when delivering at 2100-2200 .....i could go on and on. I stand by my position that I wish this had been implemented years ago during peak.

Up In Smoke

I am not supporting using PVD's year round, but during peak i certainly do.It's absolute BS to expect us to work 70 hours a week during peak. Having to deal with Winter Weather,getting dark at 1800,worrying if I'm going to be shot when delivering at 2100-2200 .....i could go on and on. I stand by my position that I wish this had been implemented years ago during peak.
Our building has expanded use from peak to summer vacation coverage and prime week. We currently have 150 brown shirts and 120 PVDs working for peak. If not stopped by us or the legislators our futures could be in trouble. I have 30 plus years now, planing on retiring at 57 and would like to think my pension will be there for my lifetime.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our building has expanded use from peak to summer vacation coverage and prime week. We currently have 150 brown shirts and 120 PVDs working for peak. If not stopped by us or the legislators our futures could be in trouble. I have 30 plus years now, planing on retiring at 57 and would like to think my pension will be there for my lifetime.
In my local PVD's are only allowed Nov 15-Jan-15

Rarefish383

Geez, I've only been retired 4 years and have no idea what a PVD is? But, just talk of outsourcing and loosing jobs. My last 6 years I shifted full time in a big hub. Driverless cars were still pretty science fiction stuff when I started shifting. One of my feeder buddies always ranted they could never make driverless feeders. I argued they would be the easiest, point A to point B to point C. My son graduated from U of MD with Bachelors in Physics and Computer Science, then went on to get a Masters in Computer Science. His first job offer was from Uber, programming driverless cars and long haul trucks. He went to work programming missile defense systems instead.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Geez, I've only been retired 4 years and have no idea what a PVD is? But, just talk of outsourcing and loosing jobs. My last 6 years I shifted full time in a big hub. Driverless cars were still pretty science fiction stuff when I started shifting. One of my feeder buddies always ranted they could never make driverless feeders. I argued they would be the easiest, point A to point B to point C. My son graduated from U of MD with Bachelors in Physics and Computer Science, then went on to get a Masters in Computer Science. His first job offer was from Uber, programming driverless cars and long haul trucks. He went to work programming missile defense systems instead.
Stands for “People’s Vaginas and Dicks”

Over70irregs

If I don’t get my pension the whole company will understand a difficult process of high misunderstandings. (Translate please)