Pre-employment drug testing advice-on topic

H

harley vulkrie

Yeah
Last year I worked at UPS during the holiday season as a temp while I was living with my folks. I recently moved back from Maui but the job i lined up didn't work out. Since UPS was a cool gig I reapplied a few weeks ago and had an interview. They said I might need to take a drug test. Anyhow a couple days after the interview I got a call from someone at the interview center and they said I would need to take a drug test.

The first time I applied I don’t remember having to do this. But the problem is that I went to the Emerald Cup this weekend and although I didn’t smoke any marijuana, I was exposed to a ton of marijuana and dab or whatever smoke, in the car at the venue, my friends blew it on me, etc. I read online that you can fail a drug test for second hand smoke if it’s excessive. And let me tell you it was very excessive.

I know this is probably an obvious question but does UPS test for marijuana?
Yeah right! You didn't smoke my ass!!!! Happy 420 bro! My hub is constantly high!!!!

Gear

Parts on Order
There is NO pre employment physical or drug test. NONE! Bad information is the only information passed around. Once again, NO drug test. CDL holders can be randomly drug tested while employed. By random, I mean the same guy over and over again. This is how it is around me.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There is NO pre employment physical or drug test. NONE! Bad information is the only information passed around. Once again, NO drug test. CDL holders can be randomly drug tested while employed. By random, I mean the same guy over and over again. This is how it is around me.

Wrong.

There is a pre-employment physical if being hired for package driver. You need a DOT Medical Certification.

There is also a pre-employment drug screen required for feeder drivers.

And yes, once hired, feeders drivers are subject to random. Package drivers are subject to reasonable cause and post accident.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Wrong.

There is a pre-employment physical if being hired for package driver. You need a DOT Medical Certification.

And yes, once hired, feeders drivers are subject to random. Package drivers are subject to reasonable cause and post accident.
The DOT physical does not test for drugs and they specifically tell you that at the physical. When you piss test there they are checking your protein and sugar levels.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The DOT physical does not test for drugs and they specifically tell you that at the physical. When you piss test there they are checking your protein and sugar levels.

Correct. I never said the physical is a drug test. Feeders do have a pre-employment drug test though, along with the physical.

watdaflock?

Last year I worked at UPS during the holiday season as a temp while I was living with my folks. I recently moved back from Maui but the job i lined up didn't work out. Since UPS was a cool gig I reapplied a few weeks ago and had an interview. They said I might need to take a drug test. Anyhow a couple days after the interview I got a call from someone at the interview center and they said I would need to take a drug test.

The first time I applied I don’t remember having to do this. But the problem is that I went to the Emerald Cup this weekend and although I didn’t smoke any marijuana, I was exposed to a ton of marijuana and dab or whatever smoke, in the car at the venue, my friends blew it on me, etc. I read online that you can fail a drug test for second hand smoke if it’s excessive. And let me tell you it was very excessive.

I know this is probably an obvious question but does UPS test for marijuana?
You need to come up with more convincing lies when making stories up.

Hope this doesn't help.

Gear

Parts on Order
Wrong.

How many guys start off as a driver from day one? Most people start off as part time working inside which requires no drug test or physical. Mechanics are hired off the street with a CDL and dont get a pre employment drug test or physical. CDL carriers are required to have a med cert, its assumed we have one. Around me, the majority of people are hired with no pre employment drug test or physical. This is because driver positions are filled by seniority . In order to have seniority you would already be working here. Which means you were hired with no pre employment drug test or physical.

You must have read every rule book but forgot how things normally go.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How many guys start off as a driver from day one? Most people start off as part time working inside which requires no drug test or physical. Mechanics are hired off the street with a CDL and dont get a pre employment drug test or physical. CDL carriers are required to have a med cert, its assumed we have one. Around me, the majority of people are hired with no pre employment drug test or physical. This is because driver positions are filled by seniority . In order to have seniority you would already be working here. Which means you were hired with no pre employment drug test or physical.

You must have read every rule book but forgot how things normally go.

I believe you stated there was absolutely no pre-employment physical or drug test. NONE.

I told you that you were wrong. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I replied to what you posted, In the Central, we have 6 for 1 inside to outside hires. We also hire seasonal package drivers. Both need a pre-employment physical. So yes, we do hire package drivers from the street. Happens everywhere.

We also hire seasonal feeder drivers and off the street feeder drivers filling the 6:1 ratio. They may already have a Medical Cert, but they also need a pre-employment drug test.

So yes, you are incorrect when you say there is no pre-employment physical or drug test required.

And we don't even know what the OP applied for. Could have been a seasonal package driver job, and in that case, he needs a pre-employment physical but no drug test.

If it was a PT preload or unload, then no, he doesn't need a physical or drug test.

Gear

Parts on Order
I believe you stated there was absolutely no pre-employment physical or drug test. NONE.

I told you that you were wrong. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I replied to what you posted, In the Central, we have 6 for 1 inside to outside hires. We also hire seasonal package drivers. Both need a pre-employment physical. So yes, we do hire package drivers from the street. Happens everywhere.

We also hire seasonal feeder drivers and off the street feeder drivers filling the 6:1 ratio. They may already have a Medical Cert, but they also need a pre-employment drug test.

So yes, you are incorrect when you say there is no pre-employment physical or drug test required.

And we don't even know what the OP applied for. Could have been a seasonal package driver job, and in that case, he needs a pre-employment physical but no drug test.

If it was a PT preload or unload, then no, he doesn't need a physical or drug test.

Could be alot of things. I guess we could both be wrong. I would still say the majority of UPSers do not get a pre-employment drug screen or physical.

I also accept your apology. Thank you

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Could be alot of things. I guess we could both be wrong. I would still say the majority of UPSers do not get a pre-employment drug screen or physical.

I also accept your apology. Thank you

We are not both wrong. But one of us is.

I agree with you that the majority of new hires do not get a pre-employment physical or drug test. The majority of new hires are PT employees.

Package drivers and feeder drivers mostly come from the inside. But that is not what you said that I replied to.

You said that bad information is the only information passed around and that there are absolutely no pre-employment or drug tests required. NONE.

This, in itself, is the same bad information that you are referring to and you're the one saying it.

I am not wrong. There are some jobs at UPS that will require an off the street hire to pass a DOT physical and/or a drug screen.

The majority don't, but that is not what you originally said. You said NONE.

Still waiting for that apology.