Pre-employment drug testing advice-on topic

PT Car Washer

We are not both wrong. But one of us is.

I agree with you that the majority of new hires do not get a pre-employment physical or drug test. The majority of new hires are PT employees.

Package drivers and feeder drivers mostly come from the inside. But that is not what you said that I replied to.

You said that bad information is the only information passed around and that there are absolutely no pre-employment or drug tests required. NONE.

This, in itself, is the same bad information that you are referring to and you're the one saying it.

I am not wrong. There are some jobs at UPS that will require an off the street hire to pass a DOT physical and/or a drug screen.

The majority don't, but that is not what you originally said. You said NONE.

Still waiting for that apology.
I believe off the street PE mechanics and automotive mechanics have a drug screening. I would be very surprised if they didn't since most employers drug test now. Even for the most basic positions let alone a skilled job.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe off the street PE mechanics and automotive mechanics have a drug screening. I would be very surprised if they didn't since most employers drug test now. Even for the most basic positions let alone a skilled job.

The auto mechanics do where I am at because they are required to get and maintain a CDL.

This is not a requirement everywhere. I could see an auto mechanic job not requiring a CDL by UPS to also not require a drug test or Medical Cert.

The same with PE mechanics. They do not require a CDL, so may also not require a Medical Cert or drug test.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You were told at the interview that there might be a drug test and a few days later got the call to confirm this. You then made the decision to go to this place and do what you did. You don't want the job admit it. It's all good as long as mommy and daddy are taking care of you.

Jeez, how is the view up there on the cross?

Gear

Parts on Order
We are not both wrong. But one of us is.

I agree with you that the majority of new hires do not get a pre-employment physical or drug test. The majority of new hires are PT employees.

Package drivers and feeder drivers mostly come from the inside. But that is not what you said that I replied to.

You said that bad information is the only information passed around and that there are absolutely no pre-employment or drug tests required. NONE.

This, in itself, is the same bad information that you are referring to and you're the one saying it.

I am not wrong. There are some jobs at UPS that will require an off the street hire to pass a DOT physical and/or a drug screen.

The majority don't, but that is not what you originally said. You said NONE.

Still waiting for that apology.

Im sorry.