Pre loader excuses

quad decade guy

For real. I know guys who paid their college tuition, apartment rent, and food, and had money left over for beer, when they were working PT here in the 80's.

They screw everyone underneath them, and then act like we should do better.
So, you are admitting to laying down and deliberately sabotaging operations because of your wage? As some sort of revenge/payback?

Est.1998

Yep....I make a great living.....pt'ers aren't supposed to make a career of being part-time....your not supposed to make a "living" wage....go get a real job....go full time....cry somewhere else...
Thank you for saying this.
I had to work years to get what part timers are starting out with.
I did a good job everyday and i was making $8.50.
Whatever Chick Fil A is doing to produce great employees, UPS needs to mimic.

Thank you for saying this.
I had to work years to get what part timers are starting out with.
I did a good job everyday and i was making $8.50.
Whatever Chick Fil A is doing to produce great employees, UPS needs to mimic.
Maybe treating employees like they're actually human beings they can occasionally make a mistake?

wilberforce15

Crazy thing is, you could start them out at $25 per hour and the turnover rate or their work ethic won't change much at all.
Sure it will. You'd get a completely different class of applicant.

But HR would still hire the thugs and worthless people. But that's HR's problem. You would get objectively better people trying to get in.

Est.1998

Sure it will. You'd get a completely different class of applicant.

But HR would still hire the thugs and worthless people. But that's HR's problem. You would get objectively better people trying to get in.
It's possible.
I don't believe it's a lot of thugs and worthless people that are hired at UPS.
The thugs are out trying to rob the drivers and the worthless people are still at home waiting on stimulus checks, not contributing anything to the society they live in.

wilberforce15

It's possible.
I don't believe it's a lot of thugs and worthless people that are hired at UPS.
The thugs are out trying to rob the drivers and the worthless people are still at home waiting on stimulus checks, not contributing anything to the society they live in.
when was the last time you were in a hub?

wilberforce15

No thugs at my hub just a bunch of millionaires who inexplicably keep working there.
Our hub has a few millionaires.

One guy had an alcohol problem and a very rich dad who died, so his inheritance was tied to the condition of maintaining a full-time job.

There's me, for whom a single million isn't enough to retire.

Then there's the diversity manager who thinks he runs the hub, and got lawsuit payouts from UPS every time somebody noticed that he sucked at his job.

And a few random package car drivers who made it through the gauntlet of a decent paying job without getting all of it taken by some woman.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Our hub has a few millionaires.

One guy had an alcohol problem and a very rich dad who died, so his inheritance was tied to the condition of maintaining a full-time job.

There's me, for whom a single million isn't enough to retire.

Then there's the diversity manager who thinks he runs the hub, and got lawsuit payouts from UPS every time somebody noticed that he sucked at his job.

And a few random package car drivers who made it through the gauntlet of a decent paying job without getting all of it taken by some woman.
lol

BenHadIt

Loader here. My comrades who deliberately sabotage operations to get one over on their cranky drivers are complete p***. I know a lot of drivers can be jerks, but it is so DUMB to put your job in jeopardy all to get a cheap rise out of them . Just WAD and take some pride in your job. What do I care if a driver wants to act like a cry baby and embarrass themselves in front of their coworkers? They’re not my boss as much as some wish they were.
You're job isn't in jeopardy for that.😂😂