Preload - Can I fight a setup change?

Pexfam

Maybe I'm just complaining to complain but and I don't want to cause any unnecessary waves because I did just hurt my back trying to keep up with this change and had to take two weeks off. I'd like to avoid getting fired but I really feel this change is making it near impossible for me to keep up let alone work safely.

Basically they took my tow behind trailer and replaced it with a bulk trailer so they could take the RDR's off one package car(the package car that pulled the trailer) and put them on the trailer instead.

Basically it's the same stuff on it except now it's it's 2.5~ feet too tall for the bay which means I have to run up stairs and duck to go in and out every single time..

3 steps up
Screenshot - c6573dc4aebc3cf175a94332e41948e5 - Gyazo
I'm only 5'10 and the black bumper padding is under my chin.
Screenshot - 7833f31d8ca39bad70de6e05aecf47f0 - Gyazo

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Basically it's the same stuff on it except now it's it's 2.5~ feet too tall for the bay which means I have to run up stairs and duck to go in and out every single time.
Walk, don't run.
They can't make you work unsafe, what are they doing holding a gun to your head and saying work unsafely?

Pexfam

No guns, Just my job. I've not been there that long and I've seen many people on the other side of the belt get canned for stacking out.

Pexfam

So they fired them for stacking out packages?
What part of the contract is that in?

What contract? I applied, interviewed, did a walk through, then started working.

Like I said, I've not been there that long so if you're trying to imply they were not let go of because they couldn't keep up then that's an absolute banger to me.

They didn't miss load any more or less than the next guy.. And they didn't work fast enough to be unsafe doing what they did.

I have literally no idea what else it could have been. They worked their shift, Got called into the office at the end and didn't show up the next day.

El Correcto

god is dead
What contract? I applied, interviewed, did a walk through, then started working.

Like I said, I've not been there that long so if you're trying to imply they were not let go of because they couldn't keep up then that's an absolute banger to me.

They didn't miss load any more or less than the next guy.. And they didn't work fast enough to be unsafe doing what they did.

I have literally no idea what else it could have been. They worked their shift, Got called into the office at the end and didn't show up the next day.
Tough it out for 30 days, make seniority and then give them hell.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Maybe I'm just complaining to complain but and I don't want to cause any unnecessary waves because I did just hurt my back trying to keep up with this change and had to take two weeks off. I'd like to avoid getting fired but I really feel this change is making it near impossible for me to keep up let alone work safely.

Basically they took my tow behind trailer and replaced it with a bulk trailer so they could take the RDR's off one package car(the package car that pulled the trailer) and put them on the trailer instead.

Basically it's the same stuff on it except now it's it's 2.5~ feet too tall for the bay which means I have to run up stairs and duck to go in and out every single time..

3 steps up
Screenshot - c6573dc4aebc3cf175a94332e41948e5 - Gyazo
I'm only 5'10 and the black bumper padding is under my chin.
Screenshot - 7833f31d8ca39bad70de6e05aecf47f0 - Gyazo
so your to tall for the truck. Ask them to move you because you are to tall to keep going in or out. You do have to have proper clearence

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Are you in the union?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Pretty sure I'm not.
Even in most RTW states you get protection like anybody else.
Generally 30 days excluding the seasonal period or 70 days without. It would take a radioactive superman crashing into the building to get fired after that.

We have some trailers just like that, maybe not as high but still. Load the boxes on the lip, push them in, then when you have a good 20-30 boxes in there step up into the trailer and build up a wall of boxes.

Jkloc420

Even in most RTW states you get protection like anybody else.
Generally 30 days excluding the seasonal period or 70 days without. It would take a radioactive superman crashing into the building to get fired after that.

We have some trailers just like that, maybe not as high but still. Load the boxes on the lip, push them in, then when you have a good 20-30 boxes in there step up into the trailer and build up a wall of boxes.
no

Pexfam

Sorry, I can't help then

Not like you really have anyways. Thanks anyways I guess.

I kind of do that. Problem I'm hitting is that if I spend that long in the trailer I get extremely far behind on the other 5 things I have to pull and have a near impossible time getting them caught up.

Elaborate?

Jkloc420

Not like you really have anyways. Thanks anyways I guess.

I kind of do that. Problem I'm hitting is that if I spend that long in the trailer I get extremely far behind on the other 5 things I have to pull and have a near impossible time getting them caught up.

Elaborate?
just tell them your problem

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is why it is important you find out your seniority and dues status ASAP because it allows you the freedom to DGAF about what's on the belt and work safely. I would be rolling at least 40 feet of belt every time I step into that deathtrap until they send H-E-L-P to load the trailer for me or they can let the boxes drop of the belt, carted back up, and returned.