Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I bullied, trolled, supervisors of all ranks on the daily . I missed an average of 50 days a year , i'm late every other day . I throw packages any where when i feel like it . Its been an awesome 12 + years .

only way to lose ur job at ups is by stealing or dying .
Your parents must be so proud of your work ethic, or lack thereof.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Could you show Mr. @Brandon5658 the training his leaders go through??

Just so he gets the idea
Sure...

proxy-4.gif

Brandon5658

Ohhhhh man I need to be a supe asap. Also today my supervisor looked at me being piled on with packages and watched as they fall off the belt and shouted "Clean it up Brandon!"
I'm like bruh. I just worked at a pace I could manage and they ended up sending some other preloaders to help me after an hour of that :censored2:. I dont think he likes me lmao

Daf

Will do. But hey, if they need bodies why do so little people get hired? I was in a group of like 10 persons who came for an interview and only I got hired within that group lol
I agree with this! I wonder the same thing. My theory is that the company doesn’t want to fully staff, this way they create emergency conditions so they can violate the contract. Then when they get a grievance they will say “but it was an emergency, we had to”
This is why we shouldn’t speed up due to being short people.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I agree with this! I wonder the same thing. My theory is that the company doesn’t want to fully staff, this way they create emergency conditions so they can violate the contract. Then when they get a grievance they will say “but it was an emergency, we had to”
This is why we shouldn’t speed up due to being short people.

I can understand your line of thought.

Seeing the job pool UPS is trying to draw from, it's easy to assess people without

even seeing them try and work. The job is physical labor, plain and simple.

Being weaned on computer games, the internet and fast food, produces the current crop.

The kid that shows up in a dress shirt and a tie (for a part-time job) is going places.

-Bug-

john chesney

So a follow up to sucking at preloading. I still can't handle 4 package cars. Its draining the life out of me. I feel like I would be better doing unload or sort. A PT supervisor told me I wouldn't make book if I asked to work other than as a preloader, but another told me I should ask to be moved if I'm not comfortable.
My PT supervisor constantly has to jump in and help me, then is passive aggressive about it. I need the money and I'm trying my best but I still can't keep up with the other guys; although all of them have worked longer than me lol. What do I do!?
Only if your real lucky

Zowert

Overwhelming new hires seems to be the norm at UPS. Just do the best you can and whatever happens happens. There isn’t much you can do about things out of your control, so there’s no point in beating yourself up over it.

Hang in there, you’ll catch up with the pace. Think, if those around you did it you can too.