Problems with people working “off the Clock”?---Here you go

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
personal mission?

hmm, under your user name, it says " file a grieve"

why is that?
You're the one who said I wasn't taking it personal enough, I assume that means you do.
A few years ago we had a poster who typed "fILE A GRIEVE!" in response to some random complaint and I got a kick out of it.

wayfair

swollen member
You're the one who said I wasn't taking it personal enough, I assume that means you do.
A few years ago we had a poster who typed "fILE A GRIEVE!" in response to some random complaint and I got a kick out of it.

If you get hurt while working off the the clock, do you think the company will pay you workers' comp??

@Shifting Contents... why do you think they let your preloader go home early???

because your :censored2: shows up to finish the $10 an hour job for free

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
As bad as my loads have been, I refuse to give in to the temptation to sort off the clock. That is my loader's job and for the most part, the difference between a good load and a bad load is 15 minutes.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
First off... Did is this driver gonna beat your ass snitch that's what I would be worried about instead of getting a few bucks for something you did that is the reality of stewards it's all about them making a few bucks...Snitches are the bottom of the barrel in the real reprocussion world.quick to say scabs or whatever but snitches bottom of the barrel
Not how i would say it but thumbs up

wayfair

swollen member
Your :censored2: doesn't read my posts you assume and make an ass of yourself.

I put my lunch box in the tote in my 4000 section say "hey Joe, how's it going?" To my loader and leave.

You're such a :censored2: that you cant even tell that I agree with you! NO ONE should load their truck off the clock!

Where we disagree is that you'd rather attack a union "brother" than take the fight to the company which would actually fix the problem!!

Everyone who loads their car before start in my center has been filed on, some multiple times. Everyone of them still does it and everyone of them is anti union because they get attacked by the union all the time.

So again, I reiterate my original post for you you :censored2:!

Filing on other hourlies does nothing but add anger and hate among union "brothers." So why do it?

you keep saying paid or unpaid... which is it?

wayfair

swollen member
But to call out another UNION BROTHER who has his reasons for wanting to get out of this hell hole as quickly as possible is reprehensible!

Especially when one does it for NO other reason than to pocket the grievance check

YOU're missing the point, the person filing isn't getting the grievance check, he files it for the drivers who are working "off the clock"

please read more and post less

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
YOU're missing the point, the person filing isn't getting the grievance check, he files it for the drivers who are working "off the clock"

This from the guy who can't figure out which it is paid or unpaid even though I spelled it out in my first post.

When they file here the grievant is paid not the employee.

That however is irrelevant. You are still filing on a union brother irregardless of who gets "paid."

My point still stands. Filing on a union brother is wrong.

I know you are just a truck driver but please, comprehend more , post less.

Thanks

wayfair

swollen member
This from the guy who can't figure out which it is paid or unpaid even though I spelled it out in my first post.

That however is irrelevant. You are still filing on a union brother irregardless of who gets "paid."

Thanks

it's not filing on, but filing for.... irregardless... lol

OPTION3

First off... Did is this driver gonna beat your ass snitch that's what I would be worried about instead of getting a few bucks for something you did that is the reality of stewards it's all about them making a few bucks...Snitches are the bottom of the barrel in the real reprocussion world.quick to say scabs or whatever but snitches bottom of the barrel
I’ll try to cypher what you said....If you Look at the grievance its not so I can get paid...Secondly if said driver wants to BEAT MY ass He/ she knows exactly where to find me everyday.....SCUMBAGS who subvert the contract are the LOWEST form of life......A scab is low, but you know what he is gonna do...a subversive :censored2:bag undermines the contract while trying to “appear” like a good UNION person....tsk tsk tsk shame on you!

OPTION3

AHMEN.

Thanks
Please READ the grievance....you are filing on the COMPANY to pay the UNION brother what he has EARNED.....its pretty simply really...and it works because I have won several of these......and amazingly people working off the clock in the AM is very minimal

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
those are your words

And here is my original post

Why? Seriously why?

I do not do it. Haven't in many years. What is it hurting? Is the amount of discourse and anger it causes among union brothers worth it?

We have stewards who walk the belts every day and file on people just so the stewards make the grievance money. There have been more arguments more fights more ":censored2: the union" and no one ha stopped doing it. So what good is it?

read the last statement on the grievance form

Once again, it does not matter what you are filing on/for/against/up your are doing upon a union brother.

You are bringing scrutiny and possible discipline against a fellow union brother when there other avenues of approach. Ones which will yield results.

So once again, I reiterate my original post.

Why do it?

OPTION3

And here is my original post

Once again, it does not matter what you are filing on/for/against/up your are doing upon a union brother.

You are bringing scrutiny and possible discipline against a fellow union brother when there other avenues of approach. Ones which will yield results.

So once again, I reiterate my original post.

Why do it?
You stated that people are still working off the clock in your center......sounds like your other avenues haven’t worked...try mine...its proven

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Then people who are subverting the contract are management.

I my union BROTHER is doing something subversive I will pull him aside and talk to him. If my management team is doing something subversive then I will NAIL them to the wall with blue forms.

I refuse to attack a brother when I can get to the root of the problem without doing so.