Promoting racism, division and hate...Critical Race Theory.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If want to discuss abortion in the schools, I’d say it has to be discussed in an ethics class that deals with life (as defined as starting at conception) through death. It would include everything from religious, economic, legal, etc..

I think it’s probably an important conversation/class(es) to have. I have no idea what the textbook would look like.
Yet CRT should be general curriculum??

If public schools should be shaping the morals of our children, and not the parents, should we not broaden the scope to include all morality including sex, religion, etc.???

I think that's grossly overreaching.

MAKAVELI

Yet CRT should be general curriculum??

If public schools should be shaping the morals of our children, and not the parents, should we not broaden the scope to include all morality including sex, religion, etc.???

I think that's grossly overreaching.
It's not being taught in public K-12 schools so why is it such an issue for Republicans?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think the southern perspective of the civil war that has been buried and lied about should be brought to light and taught in public schools.
It would help tremendously with the rampant racism of today.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I couldn’t tell you. I’m not sure how something that’s been around for decades suddenly was translated into “white people bad”. In fact, if people took the time to digest actual points in the theory (ies) they might not be so incensed by it. Or maybe they’d have coherent thought on why it’s not valid.

It’s history. Any reason not to look critically at it? We’ve done it in politics, religion, economics,…why not race? Why not view race relations through the prism of historical influences of race relations? Not to do so seems odd.
So you've looked into it?
You know the history....
And you know it's rooted in Marxism right?

vantexan

I couldn’t tell you. I’m not sure how something that’s been around for decades suddenly was translated into “white people bad”. In fact, if people took the time to digest actual points in the theory (ies) they might not be so incensed by it. Or maybe they’d have coherent thought on why it’s not valid.

It’s history. Any reason not to look critically at it? We’ve done it in politics, religion, economics,…why not race? Why not view race relations through the prism of historical influences of race relations? Not to do so seems odd.
As being taught now CRT has not been around for decades unless you're talking about a college course. When teachers are actually teaching that white people are always oppressors and people of color will always be victims of that oppression there's a screw loose somewhere. If teachers want to point out that blacks were enslaved, Native Americans were either killed or herded onto reservations, that Asians brought in to work on railroads were treated horribly, etc then that's telling the truth of the matter. To say it was done because the white race is intrinsically evil and the biggest concern a young person of color faces today is he will be oppressed, dominated, physically harmed by white people who regard themselves as superior to him is racially motivated politics aimed at marginalizing opposition to liberal policies and is as divisive and corrosive as anything else out there.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No it hasn't. No one has provided any proof of the curriculum.
"As an educator who has written about the penetration of CRT into Australian schools, I have been shocked by how misleading and uninformed many of these articles are. It is of course true that CRT as an academic legal theory is generally taught only in higher education, but it is also clear to anyone familiar with CRT that its core tenets are being taught to children in many of America’s K–12 schools—and taught as if those tenets were facts."

vantexan

No it hasn't. No one has provided any proof of the curriculum.
People have stood up at school board meetings and read directly from textbooks their children brought home. There's also a ton of evidence about pushing the transgender agenda on young kids. What the heck is going on with the Left?

MAKAVELI

People have stood up at school board meetings and read directly from textbooks their children brought home. There's also a ton of evidence about pushing the transgender agenda on young kids. What the heck is going on with the Left?
A bunch of crazy people isn't proof. Lol

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yet religious schools teach incest and not a peep from the right?

MAKAVELI

"As an educator who has written about the penetration of CRT into Australian schools, I have been shocked by how misleading and uninformed many of these articles are. It is of course true that CRT as an academic legal theory is generally taught only in higher education, but it is also clear to anyone familiar with CRT that its core tenets are being taught to children in many of America’s K–12 schools—and taught as if those tenets were facts."
Not one published curriculum in that article. Thanks for providing my point.

floridays

Lol. Well if it poured out of a 15 year olds piehole it must be true!🤣
These weren't platitudes he was relying, they were actually statements that can be corrobated or dismissed as lies. I'm sure the schoolboard has exposed the lies the kid spewed?