PT Break

PTPunchingBag

In the state of New York, workers of shifts starting between 1pm and 6am that work in connection with a mercantile by law are allowed a 45 minute break. My hub only does a 30 minute break, and I haven’t called Department of Labor because some people don’t want a 45 minute break or is “unfair” to the multi billion dollar company. If I want the 45 minute break permitted by law, am I allowed to refuse work to abide by state law? I understand this is a Union issue and I will be talking to a steward about this today and may even go to DOL

watdaflock?

In the state of New York, workers of shifts starting between 1pm and 6am that work in connection with a mercantile by law are allowed a 45 minute break. My hub only does a 30 minute break, and I haven’t called Department of Labor because some people don’t want a 45 minute break or is “unfair” to the multi billion dollar company. If I want the 45 minute break permitted by law, am I allowed to refuse work to abide by state law? I understand this is a Union issue and I will be talking to a steward about this today and may even go to DOL
I hope management finds a reason to fire you.

MattM

Our 10 minute break happens when we walk in and have our pcm lol.
We had some new guys who wanted to go by the book precisely. They wanted a break when they wanted to break.
I think PTers are allowed 10 minutes additional after 3-5 hours of work.
Learn to work within your means and you’ll find time to break ever 2-3 minutes every hr or so.

542thruNthru

Our 10 minute break happens when we walk in and have our pcm lol.
We had some new guys who wanted to go by the book precisely. They wanted a break when they wanted to break.
I think PTers are allowed 10 minutes additional after 3-5 hours of work.
Learn to work within your means and you’ll find time to break ever 2-3 minutes every hr or so.

How about follow the contract and take break when it says.

El Correcto

god is dead
Do it for the lols. I would.