PT Package Center Supervisor Salaries

I have been working for UPS for 22 years I currently make $25 an hour and am paid based on 27 and a 1/2 hours. I believe I am underpaid and curious what others make and how long they have been with the company. My location is Phoenix AZ.

PizzaToUps

The most recent part time supervisor we have hired just barely passed high school and he’s making a whopping $21 an hour at 27 and a half hours a week.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been working for UPS for 22 years I currently make $25 an hour and am paid based on 27 and a 1/2 hours. I believe I am underpaid and curious what others make and how long they have been with the company. My location is Phoenix AZ.
I cannot speak for the salary top end of things but a new OMS makes $15hr. with 27.5 hrs here in my building.

Brand new OMS $15
22 year OMS $25
Where do you think you should be?

I cannot speak for the salary top end of things but a new OMS makes $15hr. with 27.5 hrs here in my building.

Brand new OMS $15
22 year OMS $25
Where do you think you should be?

With my personal history and area knowledge I feel I am worth al least where I would be had I stayed hourly (union). So top insider pay. Not sure exactly what that is but around 30.00 an hour is fairly close.

scooby0048

With my personal history and area knowledge I feel I am worth al least where I would be had I stayed hourly (union). So top insider pay. Not sure exactly what that is but around 30.00 an hour is fairly close.
Not sure I agree with the $30 estimate, but a beginning FT ORS makes right around $70k year not including benefits. By your figures, I would estimate you thinking you should be making close to $43k a year right?

IDK but that would be a very good amount to be making part time. I just don't see that figure. There are FT administrative assistants and office managers that don't make that much. Hell, there are cops and firemen that don't make $45k a year. I'm not trying to be a jerk but, I think you are making pretty good money for what you are doing right now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I plan to have a meeting with them and request a review. I was hoping to gain some insight as to my peers and if there was any large differences prior to the meeting so I could be better armed going in.

So far not much value to most of these responses.

Do yourself (and them) a favor-----wait until after Peak to have this discussion.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I plan to have a meeting with them and request a review. I was hoping to gain some insight as to my peers and if there was any large differences prior to the meeting so I could be better armed going in.

not many 22 year part time sups

Maybe that’s why

542thruNthru

22 years as a PT sup and making $25 a hour. Wow what were your raises every year?
I pretty sure after this contract passed the company began starting all new PT sups at $18 a hour.

Not sure I agree with the $30 estimate, but a beginning FT ORS makes right around $70k year not including benefits. By your figures, I would estimate you thinking you should be making close to $43k a year right?

IDK but that would be a very good amount to be making part time. I just don't see that figure. There are FT administrative assistants and office managers that don't make that much. Hell, there are cops and firemen that don't make $45k a year. I'm not trying to be a jerk but, I think you are making pretty good money for what you are doing right now.
I do make decent money for a PT employee except it is only 34K, but I do not agree that it meets the value of the work I perform and the years I have been loyal to the company.
I don't want to get long with all my history or what my job entails but I perform many functions and supply the research and answers for superiors who cannot understand these things. We fix the broken plan given daily by assisting the drivers with their on road needs, in addition to training and bringing up to speed while carrying the slack of all new people to my equal position, most of whom cannot take the stressful pace and lack of thanks so they end up leaving.
You all know how hard we all work as UPSers weather hourly or managerial..........those that do anyway

22 years as a PT sup and making $25 a hour. Wow what were your raises every year?
I pretty sure after this contract passed the company began starting all new PT sups at $18 a hour.
It did, that translated to a $5.00 increase for unskilled new people and as the skilled staff goes we got a one time bonus check of $1000. before the taxing. The raise is a vastly greater compensation.

scooby0048

I do make decent money for a PT employee except it is only 34K

Good catch. I was basing it off of $30 an hour.

What did you expect? If you didn't want a parochial view, should have asked in the partners section. I'm just trying to have some open dialogue with you regarding your concern. I would agree that what you do is thankless and does not necessarily reflect an accurate salary for the time served.

You all know how hard we all work as UPSers weather hourly or managerial..........those that do anyway

As suggested, you have been here for quite a while and should probably speak to someone about getting a pay raise. I would also agree that perhaps waiting till after peak is the best path. That way you can make your argument for higher pay and bring more ammunition to the table.