Punishment for telematics?

RolloTony Brown Town

Back slower. Really make it a point to fix it. Then watch as your on road is angry with your overallowed increasing.

OR

next safety ride ask if you’re backing too fast. You won’t hear boo about it because he won’t know the difference. True story.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We are currently being scolded in PCMs about our backing speeds exceeding 5mph and whoever isn't under 5mph will recieve a warning letter. In our contract it mentions no driver shall be "discharged" based soley on telematics. However we can receive warning notices after having a verbal couseling session. I personally feel it was more of an attempt to intimidate us which also is mentioned in the contract. Does the PCM count as the verbal counseling and is the warning letter for backing speed even allowed. Keep in mind I am a relatively new driver so some of this is unclear.

Did you mean you were coasting backwards above 5 miles an hour? Come on rookie....

Future

Victory Ride
99 percent of those are people wanting free stuff, total waste of time
If I felt sassy doing a Dfu .... I would tell them the FBI might have 2 come and investigate their claim ..cause it was a federal offense 2 have “stolen” parcels from a home ..... I might add it did work on occasion as 2 where a day later ...they magically found the delivery

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good job on the union's part allowing telematic language to be expanded.

They must have received something really juicy in exchange?

Does the union leadership even have a clue of what is going on?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Good job on the union's part allowing telematic language to be expanded.

If people think the (almost meaningless) telematics language is such a big deal....

there are a lot of bad drivers that can't put their seat belt on, close the bulkhead

door, drive the speed limit, etc.

They must have received something really juicy in exchange ?

Yep, on the members behalf.

How about;

$4.15 over 5 years, with no split wages.

Free healthcare (still).

Increased pension contributions with increased monthly payouts.

Way better 9.5 protection for the RPCD's.

More full-time 22.3, feeder, and pkg jobs.

The list goes on.

Does the union leadership even have a clue of what is going on?

Come on @Wally

It's readily apparent what the problem is.... and it's not the elected leaders.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I felt sassy doing a Dfu .... I would tell them the FBI might have 2 come and investigate their claim ..cause it was a federal offense 2 have “stolen” parcels from a home ..... I might add it did work on occasion as 2 where a day later ...they magically found the delivery

This is the absolute best way to handle it.

When the customer says they didn't receive it, ask them to sign.

After they do.... ask them if they filed a police report. (the answer will be No)

Then, proceed to tell them UPS Security will be investigating and following up

with the local police dept. Because, if the pkg crossed state lines or is worth more than

$300.00 it's a felony if someone stole it, or is filing a false claim.

You won't make it back to the truck, before they remember they got it.

:biggrin:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If people think the (almost meaningless) telematics language is such a big deal....

there are a lot of bad drivers that can't put their seat belt on, close the bulkhead

door, drive the speed limit, etc.

Yep, on the members behalf.

How about;

$4.15 over 5 years, with no split wages.

Free healthcare (still).

Increased pension contributions with increased monthly payouts.

Way better 9.5 protection for the RPCD's.

More full-time 22.3, feeder, and pkg jobs.

The list goes on.

Come on @Wally

It's readily apparent what the problem is.... and it's not the elected leaders.

-Bug-
You listed a bunch of items that they should get without giving anything up. The company is earning record profits.

The members voted no. Lets not forget how the leadership screwed us over.