PVD Driver

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
I was hired as a PVD in May and went through the orientation in late May. After orientation they made the comment about getting us started as early as the next day. The job was described as a seasonal position that would be needed through August. Then I was never utilized as a driver. I regularly made contact with the woman who hired me and the center manager. Is there anything I can do? I believe the work was available because I personally know someone else who was delivering as a PVD and the driver who delivers in my neighborhood told me he regularly had 400 stops.

Also, a different hiring person reached out to me today to offer me a driver combo job. Which I have since researched to find out it is the much in dispute 22.4 - Tuesday - Saturday position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I was hired as a PVD in May and went through the orientation in late May. After orientation they made the comment about getting us started as early as the next day. The job was described as a seasonal position that would be needed through August. Then I was never utilized as a driver. I regularly made contact with the woman who hired me and the center manager. Is there anything I can do? I believe the work was available because I personally know someone else who was delivering as a PVD and the driver who delivers in my neighborhood told me he regularly had 400 stops.

Also, a different hiring person reached out to me today to offer me a driver combo job. Which I have since researched to find out it is the much in dispute 22.4 - Tuesday - Saturday position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
At least the 22.4 job will get you benefits

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
IF you want to make driving a full-time career then getting your foot in the door as a 22.4 driver is a "good" start. Just be prepared to be jerked every which way for the first few years or so, depending on how quickly RPCD positions open up.

542thruNthru

I don't know man. You seem kind of whiney and soft. You sure being a driver for UPS is for you?

Box Ox

a different hiring person reached out to me today to offer me a driver combo job. Which I have since researched to find out it is the much in dispute 22.4 - Tuesday - Saturday position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Are you currently unemployed? If you are, go for it. If you aren't, not so much.

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
I don't know man. You seem kind of whiney and soft. You sure being a driver for UPS is for you?
You're probably are on the right track. I know what I'd be getting myself into with the 22.4. Drivers voted for that contract in 2018 to finally get their weekends back and ridiculous overtime scaled back. Created a subclass of driver with less pay and no protections. Mostly I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything from UPS for hiring me and then never working me.

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

542thruNthru

You're probably are on the right track. I know what I'd be getting myself into with the 22.4. Drivers voted for that contract in 2018 to finally get their weekends back and ridiculous overtime scaled back. Created a subclass of driver with less pay and no protections. Mostly I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything from UPS for hiring me and then never working me.

For being a PVD you seem to know a lot about how 22.4s went down.

Something tells me you're a troll.

Also no ups won't give you anything for not working.

Est.1998

What is it you need advise for?
Are you asking if we think you should accept the position and be gainfully employed with one of the best companies in the world or decline the position and continue doing whatever it is you're currently doing all day?

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
Hey it was a thick skin test. If he can't handle someone calling him whiney on the internet. He definitely won't be able to handle working at UPS.
I was a preloader for a year. Then a sup on the twilight for 4 years watching the drivers coming back every night. I know what it is. Then I was a route driver for a different company. Almost as abusive. Just with less rules and consequences.

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
For being a PVD you seem to know a lot about how 22.4s went down.

Something tells me you're a troll.

Also no ups won't give you anything for not working.
Nope. No troll. I managed 22.3’s on my shift. The guy who called me today mentioned it was a new position created a couple years ago. So I started looking into it. Most of what I found was from 2018. But it’s all online.

JJinVA

Nope. No troll. I managed 22.3’s on my shift. The guy who called me today mentioned it was a new position created a couple years ago. So I started looking into it. Most of what I found was from 2018. But it’s all online.

Im a 22.4 Combo Driver, which really translates to, a 12 hour a day every day, driver, without any 9.5 protection. So if you like money and you like getting more hours than regular drivers, then 22.4 aint a bad gig. If you have a naggy old lady/old man, kids, multiple at-home responsibilities, it might drive you to start drinking heroin.

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
What is it you need advise for?
Are you asking if we think you should accept the position and be gainfully employed with one of the best companies in the world or decline the position and continue doing whatever it is you're currently doing all day?
Since August 2018 I’ve been a stay at home dad. Theoretically both of my boys will be in school this year. I’m trying to decide if I want to jump back into working 50/60 hours a week. The pay and benefits in 9 months would be pretty solid. But is it worth it...

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
Im a 22.4 Combo Driver, which really translates to, a 12 hour a day every day, driver, without any 9.5 protection. So if you like money and you like getting more hours than regular drivers, then 22.4 aint a bad gig. If you have a naggy old lady/old man, kids, multiple at-home responsibilities, it might drive you to start drinking heroin.
And THAT sums it up right there. How long have you been doing it? I reached out to my old employee and he said they hadn’t started any of them here yet.