PVD Driver

Mostly I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything from UPS for hiring me and then never working me.

So you used to be a PT sup, then wanted to scab bargaining unit work, now you want us to help you figure out a way to get over on UPS for not working a scab....hmmm....no.

Take the 22.4 job, it's a long-run win.

22.4 driver

I was hired as a PVD in May and went through the orientation in late May. After orientation they made the comment about getting us started as early as the next day. The job was described as a seasonal position that would be needed through August. Then I was never utilized as a driver. I regularly made contact with the woman who hired me and the center manager. Is there anything I can do? I believe the work was available because I personally know someone else who was delivering as a PVD and the driver who delivers in my neighborhood told me he regularly had 400 stops.

Also, a different hiring person reached out to me today to offer me a driver combo job. Which I have since researched to find out it is the much in dispute 22.4 - Tuesday - Saturday position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

If you wanna work for company permanently go 22.4 still will get paid more than fedex post office and Dhl and good benefits .

275 pph??

Brown For a Reason
Maybe some don't, but it's outsourcing work to non-union workers to save cost, I hate it.
I get that. And I wonder if they got push back from it. Because they cut the program two months early and started hiring these seasonal drivers and finally started filling the 22.4s. Honestly I just wanted to make some money and help out the driver in my area. DIAD showed he had 270 stops left at 2:00. I would have loved to take a hundred off him everyday.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was hired as a PVD in May and went through the orientation in late May. After orientation they made the comment about getting us started as early as the next day. The job was described as a seasonal position that would be needed through August. Then I was never utilized as a driver. I regularly made contact with the woman who hired me and the center manager. Is there anything I can do? I believe the work was available because I personally know someone else who was delivering as a PVD and the driver who delivers in my neighborhood told me he regularly had 400 stops.

Also, a different hiring person reached out to me today to offer me a driver combo job. Which I have since researched to find out it is the much in dispute 22.4 - Tuesday - Saturday position. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
400 stops in a car? Lol

PizzaToUps

They really need to stop referring 22.4s as combo jobs. The contract already passed so they can start calling it what it really is. A lower paid driving job with no overtime protection that is forced to work weekends. Or (managements <censored>) for short

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're probably are on the right track. I know what I'd be getting myself into with the 22.4. Drivers voted for that contract in 2018 to finally get their weekends back and ridiculous overtime scaled back. Created a subclass of driver with less pay and no protections. Mostly I'm trying to figure out if I can get anything from UPS for hiring me and then never working me.
You’re wrong though. Drivers voted the contract down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Really?? I would love to know more about that. It seems like drivers have the biggest pull. Assuming the vote was anonymous, how do you have that information? Is the vote anonymous??
Well the drivers vote more than the part timers and the vote was a no vote but the contract was forced on us.