PVD

What'dyabringmetoday???

You missed @BigUnionGuy post that thought there would be an update at the conclusion of the "two man meeting".

It's been a month since the IBT released it's last 3 sentence statement on the subject.

We find it a bit unsettling in the wake of the previous small package director, that was subsequently fired, who saw fit to share his letter to the Company on the subject with the membership.
I was simply commenting on post I quoted. It suggested that the union accepted the company proposals and I don't think that's the case. I am not the enemy. Lol.

What'dyabringmetoday???

No, you were simply using a passive-aggressive, bait and switch, Q&A tactic as you often do in order to confuse and muddy the conversion.
Thank you for giving such credit but, no. The article is simply stating that the Unioin accepted proposals. My opinion is that they are membership proposals. Not sure what I did to you. Have a nice day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thank you for giving such credit but, no. The article is simply stating that the Unioin accepted proposals. My opinion is that they are membership proposals. Not sure what I did to you. Have a nice day.
You did nothing to me.

It was just an ongoing observation of what I considered to be your stylings?

I see you as having a penchant for the rhetorical question, which can be interpreted as a passive-aggressive, slight of hand tactic.

That's your prerogative, so carry on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Package Division Director Denis T even threatened officers with internal union charges if they informed members about the union’s bargaining demands."

UPS Bargaining Proposals Set

You must have missed this.

-Bug-
No, I read that.

What I don't know, is what those charges would be?

Help us understand?

Secondly, the information on the PVD issue in regards to peak this year, under the present collective bargaining agreement, isn't connected to future proposals.

As members, we deserve to be informed about what is being done in regards to issues and actions being taken while working under the present, ratified agreement.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What I don't know, is what those charges would be?

Help us understand?

Oath of Office, for starters.

"I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals.... and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers."

(kind of paraphrased)

And.... Membership Obligation;

"that he/she will not divulge to nonmembers the private business of the Union unless authorized to reveal the same"

https://teamster.filecamp.com/0/teamster/binary/25np-re7bjk5k.pdf

Secondly, the information on the PVD issue in regards to peak this year, under the present collective bargaining agreement, isn't connected to future proposals.

Other than job advertisements.... what's really happened so far ?

As members, we deserve to be informed about what is being done in regards to issues and actions being taken while working under the present, ratified agreement.

I can't disagree with that concern.

As I stated in a previous thread.... are members expecting too much info ?

Immediately ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oath of Office, for starters.

"I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals.... and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers."

(kind of paraphrased)

And.... Membership Obligation;

"that he/she will not divulge to nonmembers the private business of the Union unless authorized to reveal the same"

https://teamster.filecamp.com/0/teamster/binary/25np-re7bjk5k.pdf

Other than job advertisements.... what's really happened so far ?

I can't disagree with that concern.

As I stated in a previous thread.... are members expecting too much info ?

Immediately ?

-Bug-
I did.... in post #60 of this thread.

2 Days ago. :biggrin:

Keep up !

-Bug-
Again, none of these links or the misdirection that you are posting, has anything to do with the IBT's plans to combat the PVD initiative by UPS this year, during the present collective bargaining agreement.

We are dues paying members and deserve to know what came of the supposed "information requests" that were advertised in last months 3 sentence release by the IBT.

In light of past events and the IBT's closed ranks culture from its membership, many of us are inclined to call :bsbullf: in the wake of the breath of fresh air that was Sean O, that has now regressed back to a virtual information brown out.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Again, none of these links or the misdirection that you are posting, has anything to do with the IBT's plans to combat the PVD initiative by UPS this year, during the present collective bargaining agreement.

We are dues paying members and deserve to know what came of the supposed "information requests" that were advertised in last months 3 sentence release by the IBT.

In light of past events and the IBT's closed ranks culture from its membership, many of us are inclined to call :bsbullf: in the wake of the breath of fresh air that was Sean O, that has now regressed back to a virtual information brown out.

~Bbbl~™

There are "dues to pay" when you leave your Union Brothers.

18 years....Fred Z.... is the epitome of self euphemism.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are "dues to pay" when you leave your Union Brothers.

18 years....Fred Z.... is the epitome of self euphemism.

-Bug-
Again, you're deflecting.

This thread is about PVD's and what is the IBT's plan to combat it this year.

It has nothing to do with the "two man" contract proposal meeting, aside from your assertion that some information on the subject may come out after the meeting.

So do us all a favor and admit you don't know, or don't think we deserve to know.

As far Fred Z goes, he will be your next President, probably sooner than later.

~Bbbl~™

Faceplanted

Wasn't there a poster on here who said pvds were already being used at his location?

I mean damn, peak technically starts in less than 2 weeks and still no word on pvds besides a vague statement?

Wtf?

Faceplanted

I would love to see a letter that states something in the effect of "if pvds are used we will consider a work stoppage" or something to that effect to actually put some fear in ups

I heard they have been interviewing people already for pvd posistions in most locations.

Box Ox

I would love to see a letter that states something in the effect of "if pvds are used we will consider a work stoppage" or something to that effect to actually put some fear in ups

I heard they have been interviewing people already for pvd posistions in most locations.

PVD listings for 660 locations as of today. If the Union doesn't do anything about this, how are they gonna expect to be taken seriously during Contract negotiations?

Company's gonna be like, "We totally put it in your butt and you barely even made a peep" when the Union is at the table trying to pretend it's tough.