Pvd

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not enough to add a FT driver but just enough that they need someone to run it off.

He said he made $90K.

Sounds like there's more than enough work for a full-time job.

We had someone just like him at my former center. Eric was also their bitch-----he lived about a mile away from the center and they knew that he would come in on short notice before working his regular 22.3 shift.

He is full time. And most likely allowed to deliver packages.

Would you be willing to double trip just to make sure the contract is being followed?

I double tripped on a bid job for over two years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He said he made $90K.

Our mall driver would double trip on the days that the Shoe Dept got their bulk shipment.

The 22.3 I mentioned worked on the inside and brought the air to the airport.

Keep in mind that PT was hired under the contract where PTers made about the same as FTers.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Keep in mind that PT was hired under the contract where PTers made about the same as FTers.

That is a good point that I forgot about that in regards to his $90K.

He still shouldn't be running ground on a regular basis though, and that sounds like that's what he's doing.

It's up to the company to fix that, one way or another, without having part time air drivers delivering ground on a regular basis.

He said he made $90K.

A lot of that OT came from last winter when drivers were being taken out of service for any little scratch on their package car.

Basically, he is their bitch------he is "on call" to help out whenever, wherever. Not enough to add a FT driver but just enough that they need someone to run it off. He is that someone.

We had someone just like him at my former center. Eric was also their bitch-----he lived about a mile away from the center and they knew that he would come in on short notice before working his regular 22.3 shift.
I just live a couple miles away and can show up in about 20 minutes ready to work. Most of the time because all hell done broke lose and I am here to fix it. If you think that is a fun or easy job, try it some time instead of crying to your sup "I have seniority, call in an air driver."

OK.

But he chose to remain PT.

What about that PTer, who is only making $25K, that wants to go FT and make that $80K.

Oh wait, we don't need him in packages because the Company uses 30 year PTers to deliver ground, on a very regular basis, violating the contract everytime.
There are no PT waiting to go FT delivery driving in my building. That list was exhausted years ago.

Would you be willing to double trip just to make sure the contract is being followed?
Not if that means the driver would have to work past 4:30 PM. I have very seldom had a driver turn down my help. Only 1 driver and he used to put in more hours delivering ground when he was a PT air driver then he does now as a FT driver. He is still mad because I bumped in out after the strike.

Not if that means the driver would have to work past 4:30 PM. I have very seldom had a driver turn down my help. Only 1 driver and he used to put in more hours delivering ground when he was a PT air driver then he does now as a FT driver. He is still mad because I bumped in out after the strike.
40 years as a part time job?

Yeah well I had several PT jobs all at the same time. Mostly worked 6 or 7 days a week. I didn't want to be owned by just 1 job and then it was too late too change. Kind of hard to go to the bottom of the FT list when you have been at the top of the PT list and still making the same money. Never had a lost time injury.

Yeah well I had several PT jobs all at the same time. Mostly worked 6 or 7 days a week. I didn't want to be owned by just 1 job and then it was too late too change. Kind of hard to go to the bottom of the FT list when you have been at the top of the PT list and still making the same money. Never had a lost time injury.
Wouldn't you like to make $40k/yr working 20 hours a week and have 7 weeks paid vacation?

Do you hear yourself?