PVD'S

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Management runs UPS. Management needs to take responsibility for their actions.

Kinda like when there's an on the job injury. They are like "what happened?" Driver "My right knee hurts, doctor say torn meniscus. I was walking up a steep shared driveway #2 of 4 89 pound boxes. It was my 270th stop, I only had 18 stops left.

So when you return to work they have to show you how it was your fault. When at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. In fact it was wear and tear, over possibly over dispatch. Nowhere in the OJS is mention of managements part.

Same thing happens in accident investigations. I've got over a dozen examples there. Where unavoidable (all methods were followed). But were deemed avoidable.
management doesn't run the teamsters so everything you wrote is kinda pointless

management doesn't run the teamsters so everything you wrote is kinda pointless
No, I've been talking about UPS mismanagement this whole time. Management is 100% responsible for competition, and loss of market share. Whoever runs the teamsters is pointless.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No, I've been talking about UPS mismanagement this whole time. Management is 100% responsible for competition, and loss of market share. Whoever runs the teamsters is pointless.

lol that's completely retarded

lol.gif

lol that's completely retarded

lol.gif
Fed Ex ground

FedEx Ground Segment Market Share Q2 2017
Due to strong revenue growth of 29.39 % in FedEx Ground Fedex Corporation improved its market share, to approximate 37.75 %.

100% UPS management grown

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Fed Ex ground

FedEx Ground Segment Market Share Q2 2017
Due to strong revenue growth of 29.39 % in FedEx Ground Fedex Corporation improved its market share, to approximate 37.75 %.

100% UPS management grown
i'm still laughing at your last post, sorry not sorry

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So you come to work everyday.

Towing the company line. While they stick it to you ?

Who is the company Bitch ?
-Bug-
it's not a company line it's my personal observation, i'm not high enough up the email chain to know the line

ask me what i think is wrong with the company and i could make you blush, but that's not the topic at hand is it

it's not a company line it's my personal observation, i'm not high enough up the email chain to know the line

ask me what i think is wrong with the company and i could make you blush, but that's not the topic at hand is it
Have you ever seen a policy book?

Those lines are passed all the way down to pt sups. You should be concerned that you aren't in the loop.

brownIEman

You're so full of :bsbullf: it's not funny.
I was on the strike line when the supes passed out their propaganda packets with the pages torn out of them showing that their stance was ever changing.

A word to the not so wise...

If you know someone is going to kick your butt on the sidewalk walk on the other side of the street.

ok tough guy - so how many of those sups did you assault on your side of the street?

I remember reading the union pamphlets left in the break rooms leading up to the strike. All attacking the lack of full time
jobs and ups' evil plan to take over the pension. Non of them had a proposal by the union of course, just attacks on UPS' proposals.

The union membership at UPS has grown if you haven't noticed even with right to work. Union membership has suffered everywhere over recent decades. The strike at UPS could've been avoided if the company would've negotiated in good faith.

Yes, union membership at UPS has grown as UPS has grown thanks to the explosion of e-commerce. UPS market share has steadily declined. UPS market share was already declining prior to the strike, RPS started in 1985, the post office was seeing its primary business (letters) decline thanks to email and electronic funds transfers and was looking to get more packages, Fedex was looking to expand. UPS could not compete on price and needed to trim costs. They consolidated most of the CSTC's in 95-96 timeframe, the COD processing centers, and other operations. In 1997 they came to the union with some hard demands to try to slow the growth of cost to serve so they could compete on price. The strike could have been avoided and the union could have gotten everything it wound up getting if it had brought comprehensive proposals earlier in the bargaining process or continued to negotiate beyond 4 days after the contract had expired. They did neither of those things, which would lead me and most reasonable people to conclude they really had another agenda, namely they (and specifically Carey) wanted a fight.

The pension was shot to death when the company offered the extra $1000/mo knowing the union had no choice but to match it. It was evident the company's attitude was that of a three year old...

"If I can't have it I'll smash it".
And you did.
This shows how much you cared for the hourly employees family's futures at ups.

It's really all about lining your pockets even though most of you never could load or deliver at the quality level we do daily and that issue in 20+ yrs has never changed.

Wow. Someone is just guzzling the union cool-aide. I guess you figured the greedy corporate fat cats out, they offered much better pension numbers to UPS employees not so they could try to get them on board with a cost containing contract and save money (long term) at the same time, it was just to smash the union's pension. Yes, I get what UPS was proposing would have screwed the non-UPS Teamsters in the fund, but whose fault was that really? UPS has always paid its contribution to the pension, and if the fund was such that the employees of those other companies were being paid out far more than what was ever paid in on their behalf while they were working, who's fault is that? The funds have a math problem way more than a corporate greed problem.

brownIEman

It's really all about lining your pockets even though most of you never could load or deliver at the quality level we do daily and that issue in 20+ yrs has never changed.

Well I would hope that you can load and deliver at a quality level higher than most management. That is what you are paid to do every day. If you were not able to do that you should freakin quit just out of self respect.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well I would hope that you can load and deliver at a quality level higher than most management. That is what you are paid to do every day. If you were not able to do that you should freakin quit just out of self respect.
Yep,...

Those can do,.....

.....while those who can't, teach.

~Bbbl~™

That there is the delema. Just what is a quality level? What is a safe level?

Union Power

Silent member
Bring the dispatching (personnel) quality up to the driver's efficiency and you may get your cost savings you desperately need.
Garbage in, garbage out.

Union Power

Silent member
ok tough guy - so how many of those sups did you assault on your side of the street?

I remember reading the union pamphlets left in the break rooms leading up to the strike. All attacking the lack of full time
jobs and ups' evil plan to take over the pension. Non of them had a proposal by the union of course, just attacks on UPS' proposals.

Yes, union membership at UPS has grown as UPS has grown thanks to the explosion of e-commerce. UPS market share has steadily declined. UPS market share was already declining prior to the strike, RPS started in 1985, the post office was seeing its primary business (letters) decline thanks to email and electronic funds transfers and was looking to get more packages, Fedex was looking to expand. UPS could not compete on price and needed to trim costs. They consolidated most of the CSTC's in 95-96 timeframe, the COD processing centers, and other operations. In 1997 they came to the union with some hard demands to try to slow the growth of cost to serve so they could compete on price. The strike could have been avoided and the union could have gotten everything it wound up getting if it had brought comprehensive proposals earlier in the bargaining process or continued to negotiate beyond 4 days after the contract had expired. They did neither of those things, which would lead me and most reasonable people to conclude they really had another agenda, namely they (and specifically Carey) wanted a fight.

Wow. Someone is just guzzling the union cool-aide. I guess you figured the greedy corporate fat cats out, they offered much better pension numbers to UPS employees not so they could try to get them on board with a cost containing contract and save money (long term) at the same time, it was just to smash the union's pension. Yes, I get what UPS was proposing would have screwed the non-UPS Teamsters in the fund, but whose fault was that really? UPS has always paid its contribution to the pension, and if the fund was such that the employees of those other companies were being paid out far more than what was ever paid in on their behalf while they were working, who's fault is that? The funds have a math problem way more than a corporate greed problem.
Uh, since your memory is selective allow me to remind you of the tens of thousands full time jobs (22-3) that were asked for from day one.
The rest of your tldr post is just uninformed filler and selective amnesia.
The reason the strike line held was because of how management had treated the hourly for years.
Carey wasn't the only one that wanted to strike the company. There were 185,000 "Careys" that had enough.
You can lie about what happened but you can't change the facts. Please pay attention.

PS/ that's blue Kool aid for us, brown for you...unless someone flushed ahead of you.