PVD'S

brownIEman

Uh, since your memory is selective allow me to remind you of the tens of thousands full time jobs (22-3) that were asked for from day one.
The rest of your tldr post is just uninformed filler and selective amnesia.
The reason the strike line held was because of how management had treated the hourly for years.
Carey wasn't the only one that wanted to strike the company. There were 185,000 "Careys" that had enough.
You can lie about what happened but you can't change the facts. Please pay attention.

PS/ that's blue Kool aid for us, brown for you...unless someone flushed ahead of you.

It is undisputed fact the strike was called after only 3 days negotiating with the power to strike. The union could have continued negotiating and call a strike at any time.

tourists24

It is undisputed fact the strike was called after only 3 days negotiating with the power to strike. The union could have continued negotiating and call a strike at any time.
And the company could have worked it out before the deadline. UPS was warned and ignored it. Does work both ways

Union Power

Silent member
Customer leave UPS all the time. What's the number one reason?

Many off those customers wind up coming back. What's the number one reason?
#1) Dispatch is haphazard. We're no longer consistent with timely deliveries nor are we appreciative of the people who pay our bills.

The brilliant ie schemes of delivering a quantity of residential stops before we get business stops delivered and then finding that other carriers have already taken care of our once valued customer base two hrs before we got there tells the customer base that we no longer care about them.
Looks like the company had a CBA service failure.
10:30 is not 10:31.
July 31 is not Aug 1, 2, or 3.
Y'all south of the Mason-Dixon line need need to get up to speed.
Or open your UPS calendar to see what the date is when July rolls around next year.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How long were they "negotiating" before they called for a strike authorization?

Did the phrase "last, best, and final offer" play a role in the Teamsters calling for, and then enacting a strike?

Last time I heard something similar from a car dealer, I walked, how about you???

Did the phrase "last, best, and final offer" play a role in the Teamsters calling for, and then enacting a strike?

Last time I heard something similar from a car dealer, I walked, how about you???
I think they negotiated all through lunch. Last, best, final really is a lame slogan.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
FYI... To all IE geniuses, pu customers do not like it when we deliver and pu at the same time. They never have.

You sure don't mind it when it's convenient for you, I believe it goes something like this: Hey Bill mind if I pick up now (cause I gotta an 8 hour day and I don't wanna come back here - you whisper to yourself)...call me if you get anything. Sound familiar?

Do you have a business way out in the sticks on your route? You know the one...it's been there since 1955 and you and every driver before that thought it was okay to make that delivery first by passing all the other deliveries? They are more than likely going to get a late delivery...they should, they are in the middle of no where. We are not going out of business if they leave us believe me.

By the way if you are delivering a lot residential before business then your route is not set up correctly and has nothing to do with ORION. Orion is just trying to fix the mess that was dispatched. Pound your management team not Orion.

You sure don't mind it when it's convenient for you, I believe it goes something like this: Hey Bill mind if I pick up now (cause I gotta an 8 hour day and I don't wanna come back here - you whisper to yourself)...call me if you get anything. Sound familiar?

Do you have a business way out in the sticks on your route? You know the one...it's been there since 1955 and you and every driver before that thought it was okay to make that delivery first by passing all the other deliveries? They are more than likely going to get a late delivery...they should, they are in the middle of no where. We are not going out of business if they leave us believe me.

By the way if you are delivering a lot residential before business then your route is not set up correctly and has nothing to do with ORION. Orion is just trying to fix the mess that was dispatched. Pound your management team not Orion.
I was trained to ask every pu if they are gonna have a pu later. But I don't.

I am not talking about an on route pickup in the sticks. My comment comes from my experience of 180 routes.

Your Orion comment is false. In one case Orion wants us to del 30 resis. Before Costco and half the businesses around Costco, then back to those resis, then back to the businesses by Costco again. You can't load all those businesses on shelf 1.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Paragraph 1. Sorry I'm here with your delivery at 4:59. Hope this package I brought you didn't need to be shipped out today.
Paragraph 2. Multiply one of these stops per route times many thousands and we will go out of business. But hey, as long as it's delivered between 9 and 5 it goes on your scorecard as perfect service.
Paragraph 3. Lol.

Union Power

Silent member

The only thing consistent about you management duds is that you're inconsistent.

When PAS was implemented this monstrosity was born.

DELIVERING 30 RESIDENTIAL STOPS ON THE WAY TO YOUR FIRST STOP WAS MANDATORY. AND YOU KNOW IT.
DON'T LIE.

Our district and division managers plus the dude who's name appeared on the signature of our checks (plus several other overpaid minions with them) orchestrated a meeting to tell us they were butchering our DOLs and putting a loser ORS over the whole PAS implementation.

We had three drivers delivering the same street (on time plus one-half) but had multiple missed businesses in the middle of the town our building was based in.

Finally they removed him after National accounts NEXT DOOR to our building told the company their chains were leaving us for the competition because they got a 15:00 delivery but we then missed their pick ups or simultaneously delivered and picked up. Next door.

And this is what ORION is based off of.

Yeah, it's not ORION. It you and your cohorts. We've endured the devaluing of Brown for years now because children are steering the ship.

brownIEman

#1) Dispatch is haphazard. We're no longer consistent with timely deliveries nor are we appreciative of the people who pay our bills.

The brilliant ie schemes of delivering a quantity of residential stops before we get business stops delivered and then finding that other carriers have already taken care of our once valued customer base two hrs before we got there tells the customer base that we no longer care about them.
You are incorrect. The number one reason given when customers left UPS for other carriers were asked, was they were given a better price.
The number one reason for them returning, was service. UPS drivers are the best service providers in the industry,
hands down.

I leave open the possibility that present company is an exception.

brownIEman

About 4 months.

Of course it did. That right there is Casey's best brilliance. He dragged his feet on providing a comprehensive counter proposal until he managed to get the company to pull out the "last, best, final". Then he used that as a club to bludgeon the company to the membership and in PR. It really was a masterful stroke. He himself fully understood that a last, best and final is merely legal language in labor law (google it if you don't want to believe me) and companies have often given a last best and final but then continued to negotiate and alter their position. But he knew most of the rank and file, and most of America did not understand that and they would think the company was stone walling. I fully believe he had no interest in a resolution without a strike, but I have mad respect for the way he was able to play UPS management like a fine tuned fiddle.

I can honestly say I have never in my life heard a car dealer say "Last, best, and final". That would be weird. Were you negotiating with him for a job at the dealership? :)

Just kidding. Honestly the answer is sort of. Yes, when they say something similar, you get up and 'start' to walk out. That is when they say "wait, wait, hold on a sec" and guess what? they move their position again. It is a negotiating tactic many use. As it was with UPS in '97. You probably missed out on a good deal you could have gotten on a car when you actually walking out. As you missed out on 2 weeks of pay you could have had in 97 had the union stayed at the table and gotten the exact same deal they wound up getting.

brownIEman

The only thing consistent about you management duds is that you're inconsistent.

When PAS was implemented this monstrosity was born.

DELIVERING 30 RESIDENTIAL STOPS ON THE WAY TO YOUR FIRST STOP WAS MANDATORY. AND YOU KNOW IT.
DON'T LIE.

Our district and division managers plus the dude who's name appeared on the signature of our checks (plus several other overpaid minions with them) orchestrated a meeting to tell us they were butchering our DOLs and putting a loser ORS over the whole PAS implementation.

We had three drivers delivering the same street (on time plus one-half) but had multiple missed businesses in the middle of the town our building was based in.

Finally they removed him after National accounts NEXT DOOR to our building told the company their chains were leaving us for the competition because they got a 15:00 delivery but we then missed their pick ups or simultaneously delivered and picked up. Next door.

And this is what ORION is based off of.

Yeah, it's not ORION. It you and your cohorts. We've endured the devaluing of Brown for years now because children are steering the ship.

I was on a PAS deployment team for about 3 years. I can't remember how many routes I helped to trace and did the PAS 3 day implementation rides on. I never once heard of a requirement that every route deliver 30 resi stops before the first stop. If that is actually true in your center (and I really doubt that it is) then the folks that implemented your center were some really misguided individuals.

But it is clear that it really does not matter what I say. You are going to do nothing but demonize UPS management at every available opportunity no matter what you see or hear at this point. In the words of Col. Andy Tanner, "All that hate's gonna burn you up kid".

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
FYI... To all IE geniuses, pu customers do not like it when we deliver and pu at the same time. They never have.
Dead on! My customers flipped their S when Orion came in. I don't use it anymore. The reason my customers had used UPS for decades was the fact that they get a morning delivery, have the day to process the work, then ship it out early evening. When my Orion tells them their 20 years of loyalty is a pickup and delivery at 4:30pm, they start looking elsewhere.
"No idea why we lost that million dollar account.", says the DM, manager, IE and sales team. Guess who doesn't give an friend? The dispatch maroon that is only focused on hitting the number. Oh and me, I don't give a friend. I used to, but not after my second day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dead on! My customers flipped their S when Orion came in. I don't use it anymore. The reason my customers had used UPS for decades was the fact that they get a morning delivery, have the day to process the work, then ship it out early evening. When my Orion tells them their 20 years of loyalty is a pickup and delivery at 4:30pm, they start looking elsewhere.
"No idea why we lost that million dollar account.", says the DM, manager, IE and sales team. Guess who doesn't give an friend? The dispatch maroon that is only focused on hitting the number. Oh and me, I don't give a friend. I used to, but not after my second day.

Common sense and something everyone in the real world understands.

Apparently not so obvious to cubicle geeks though.