PVD'S

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
so you come to work every day because you're a nice guy, not to line your pockets?
:rolleyes: okay guy

anyways the fact is the 97 strike led to a loss of market share, which led to competition faster than what would have naturally occurred, which led to cheap contractors, which will lead to the eventual job loss of teamsters

this is all pretty obvious stuff, i don't see how you can't acknowledge it
The company did a fine job since the strike by slashing service to win back these customers. Daily late air really helps too.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What??? This is the attitude that LOST customers.
it's cute that you guys are trying to keep the narrative on service it the fact is the market share loss had way more to do with the strike

chronically bad late air service is a recent issue, the strike and market share loss happened 20 years ago.......

it's cute that you guys are trying to keep the narrative on service it the fact is the market share loss had way more to do with the strike

chronically bad late air service is a recent issue, the strike and market share loss happened 20 years ago.......
There is no dispute that the was a strike on 8/1/97. UPS was directly responsible for the start up of Fed ex ground a dozen years prior. Bezos decided UPS was a poor influence on his company around 98/99. In many areas/states service/late air has been the norm for decades. Many times customers want a feeder pu and when ups says no, they go elsewhere.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Which is really what the bigger issue is isn't it? This company has only focused it's a tension on the upper 1% getting wealthy. Customer service? Gone! The health and safety of our employees? Gone, yet only focused on a cost reduction. Big papa Casey is rolling in his grave right now for what his company has become when his children took over.

Maybe we should talk about what we do have. We all know that ups could not have handled an equivalent market share to 1997. Drivers have increased by over 1/3 since the strike. In my opinion, 2013 would be an acceptable baseline. What has changed since 2013?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Many times customers want a feeder pu and when ups says no, they go elsewhere.
i really doubt that, if UPS says no to a feeder it's because eceryonr else is saying no as well

in fact UPS is usually the only one who will say yes....

Maybe we should talk about what we do have. We all know that ups could not have handled an equivalent market share to 1997. Drivers have increased by over 1/3 since the strike. In my opinion, 2013 would be an acceptable baseline. What has changed since 2013?

i think we absolutely could have handled the market share, it would have required more buildings

what happened just before 2013 is we had less support staff to make things function, we sold off a solid chunk of our real estate to stay afloat, and we stopped building a lot of buildings because the volume was gone

since 2013 it's a giant catch up gain

i really doubt that, if UPS says no to a feeder it's because eceryonr else is saying no as well

in fact UPS is usually the only one who will say yes....

i think we absolutely could have handled the market share, it would have required more buildings

what happened just before 2013 is we had less support staff to make things function, we sold off a solid chunk of our real estate to stay afloat, and we stopped building a lot of buildings because the volume was gone

since 2013 it's a giant catch up gain
What the hell are you talking about?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
i literally had this conversation with a fedex feeder manager so no you really don't have any idea what goes on
4572070.jpg

it's not Top Secret information dude....
Now you are just making a fool out of yourself. One fed ex feeder manager would not know what ups is doing all over the country. Can you name at lease 10 shippers that have been denied a feeder? How about 10 that do have feeder pick ups?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Now you are just making a fool out of yourself. One fed ex feeder manager would not know what ups is doing all over the country. Can you name at lease 10 shippers that have been denied a feeder? How about 10 that do have feeder pick ups?
i honestly have no idea what you're even arguing for anymore, of course i can't speak for the whole freaking country and neither can you or really anyone