Question about edd ....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
One question: can someone please answer this....asked in the edd upgrade thread and no responses.

From the EDD view - how do you toggle addresses and businesses on the same edd screen, in a list?

For ex:

123 Park st.
80 Smith rd.
23 john rd

to

Jacks cars
Mikes resturaunt
etc etc

I learned this a month ago and forgot how. Not many drivers know, it seems, as I have asked several. ( besides most are fixed route drivers and not covers where this option helps quite a bit) This is extremely helpful for covers who do not have great area knowledge.

Brown Rocket

I am curious as to why you would you want to do this in the first place.

He explained himself but maybe I can expand.

Cover drivers don't always have good area knowledge. Addresses are harder to see than the giant "Bob's bait shack" sign. If the consignee name matches the business name it's makes it easier to see before passing.

cino321

I don't think this works on all routes. I'm pretty sure it has to be setup in the edd system to display consignees. I know a few of the commercial routes in my center are setup to display consignees only if the address is the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He explained himself but maybe I can expand.

Cover drivers don't always have good area knowledge. Addresses are harder to see than the giant "Bob's bait shack" sign. If the consignee name matches the business name it's makes it easier to see before passing.

This is why I asked. I live in a small city (20,000) so this would not be as much of an issue here.

Wouldn't you worry about driving by stops to get to the Bait Shack if that just happened to be the next business on the list? Like Cino said, if the DOL does not have all of the businesses listed than this feature may not be helpful and may cause backtracking.

Big Babooba

This is why I asked. I live in a small city (20,000) so this would not be as much of an issue here.

Wouldn't you worry about driving by stops to get to the Bait Shack if that just happened to be the next business on the list? Like Cino said, if the DOL does not have all of the businesses listed than this feature may not be helpful and may cause backtracking.
I'm sure that UPS will set up the system so it's perfekt....purfect......pirfect.....perfetc.......YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection

What I am saying is, with this option, you can see both addresses and business names all on edd screen to plan next several stops and also look down the entire list and IF you don't know the route (running blind, or even not experienced) you can get a good feel.

For ex: if there's sallys diner at 33 backroad st....you might not know backroad street, but you know where that damn diner is because you have seen it before, so that is one ex: of the way it could help. This way, you know 8 stops in adv that the diner is after several other stops that you could get done earlier because EDD makes no sense strategically.

Now of course you can usually get this in "details", but then you are hunting and pecking too much with that. Seeing a complete listing in edd is much more helpful and convienent.

On my route, you simply cannot follow EDD. THe route is set up horribly and causes you to backtrack if you follow it. And likely lose 1-3 hours a day. This will help bring a little less chaos, IMO.

pudg00

pudg00
I use this on a mall route I run. Stores have different address's but some delivery points are on the same street. If dispatch does there job (said while laughing) it helps. Helps alot when running blind!

TheDick

I always hoped hitting details button would give m e what i wanted butnot always. Thats up to the shipper.

So the Z key thing works??

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Upstate, and Ovah,

although usually only businesses show the business name and residences do not, the residential stops (in order, in edd) still show up in the queue.

ANything that cannot be resolved by business or consignee name remains as the address would show in the regular address view, in order.

Maybe that helps clear up the value. Not that it will be of value to you - but next MOnday if you remember, or anyone else, try using the Z key in edd to see for yourself.