Questions about the unions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a student doing a research projects on UPS. some of the questions I need answered are about the current climate with the union and UPS. Could some one tell me some infomation about any issues that are currently being debated and how helpfull management is or isnt. Also what are the major aspects of the collective bargaining agreement.
thanks you
Anthony Sanchez

i dont know what a 705 troll is or JMO. but ny information would be helpfull. im just looking for basic information that i cant find on the teamsters web site

Damok

i dont know what a 705 troll is or JMO. but ny information would be helpfull. im just looking for basic information that i cant find on the teamsters web site

Hearsay doesn't work too well for research projects. The word research, itself, implies scientific methods and procedures for collecting and analyzing data. Putting together a standardized questionnaire and handing it out (or getting permission to hand it out) at a ups location would result in more accurate and useful information.

JMHO ;)

I didnt realize how difficult it would be to get a question answered. And it wouldnt be hearsay, you are in the union and you opinion of how the climate is. i dont need to ask 100 employees what they feel about ups i need to know 2 basic questions. i just assumed i would get good information since this connects me to everyone that works for ups not just in one location.
1. How is the climate between the union and management.
2. Major aspect of the collective barganing agreement

Damok

It's hearsay because you have no idea who we are, from a research standpoint. I could be the Queen of England for all you know.

okay so even if i asked a person face to face how they feel that would be hearsay then. there isnt a place that i can go that has this color coded or anything. i cant go into UPS corporate office and look at a chart which will tell me this kind of information. dont make this difficult .

Damok

okay so even if i asked a person face to face how they feel that would be hearsay then. there isnt a place that i can go that has this color coded or anything. i cant go into UPS corporate office and look at a chart which will tell me this kind of information. dont make this difficult .

You said this was a research project...acting on the assumption this is legit I would imagine it's for school of some sort. if that is the case I wonder what kind of research methods you have been taught - or slept through ;)

Damok

I'm trying to help by pointing out the flaws in your approach to research. Your instructor surely will.

tieguy

Banned

thats the problem what you're doing here is lazy research. You want us to make it easy. give you some quick one liners to fluff up your BS project with.

trickpony1

I'm just guessing but wouldn't one imagine that both UPS and the Teamsters have a Public Relations Department.
Find the phone numbers or website with an email address and you might have good starting point.

....just a guess.

satellitedriver

wow.. you guys are lame dont post unless you want to help. i dont need your opinions about what im doing. either answer the questions or dont.
We are lame?
You can not even write a cohesive sentence.
You do not need our opinions, yet you ask for our knowledge.
You asked these question;
1. How is the climate between the union and management.
2. Major aspect of the collective barganing agreement.
Answers;
1. Contemptuous, as always.
2. It was approved by a 65% majority of voters, that is the major part.( In a contract of this magnitude, there is never one single aspect that precludes all others.)
Your questions are now answered and you are free to go play games elsewhere.
Hope you make a least at C on your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.