Raises for 2019

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You keep bringing it back to personal finance. Thats not what the raise is about.

It's always about personal finance.

Its about keeping up with the cost of inflation. Now wherever you are located maybe there is no need. Where i am located, I feel for some of my fellow employees who are single and renting. 1k a month will get you a small 1 bedroom apartment in a so so neighborhood. Rent is guaranteed to go up every year by at least $100/Month. Go a couple years without a raise and all of a sudden your rent has increased by $2400/year and your salary has gone nowhere. Utilities have now doubled/tripled because some utility companies like to burn down cities and towns. How about water rates? Groceries? $4/gallon gas?

That's not the problem of FedEx or any other employer.

None of that has anything to do with personal finance. Thats just day to day living expenses. The fixed costs. If you are going to continue this discussion please move it away from the Dave Ramsey speech. No one on here is complaining about student loan debt or high credit card and auto loan balances, so thats not why us topped out drivers would like a raise. Save it for the proper discussion.

Day to day living expenses have everything to do with personal finance. Some people would rather blame their struggles meeting those expenses on someone else.

59 Dano

You and Dano are the only two people I have met in my entire life that have said they never want a raise.

When did I say I didn't want a raise? You're the only idiot who ever thought I said that, and that's in a forum where OF and bacha were active participants.

59 Dano

Hey troll boy...on Feb 27th you posted "Interesting take, considering I don't even work for the company." Why are you on this board? You have stated that you do not work for this company.

January 31, 2019: "Because I worked at FedEx for a long time and learned a lot about it, I couldn't have left. Might go back after the buyouts, though."

February 18, 2019: " I stated in another thread that I may return depending on how the buyouts go. That got changed; I return on Monday, March 4th."

Tell me, what's it like to be clueless?

Artee

Forget Idaho. We have enough. it sucks hot in summer and tons of snow in winter!
Lol...always enjoy spending time in Idaho. Have had relatives there for over 50 years. They are not real happy with all the damn liberals escaping the crap hole they have turned CA into and are now trying to do the same to Idaho.

59 Dano

I forget, salaried employees are treated much better.

Depends. In my case it's a position that was created by combining an open position with one that was being vacated via a retirement. Plus there were other duties/responsibilities that I offered to take on that were being shuffled around, as they weren't a good fit with the people who were handling them at the time. There isn't really a starting pay scale for this position because it has responsibilities that others with the same title don't have.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I bet you do since it's FedEx policy now to start a rehire back at starting pay.

Then I'd tell them to forget it. Talk about going backwards. So you quit your job at step 5, then come back and you're at step 1? No thanks. I could see them maybe starting you back at a step below what you left at, but not more than that. I'd find a job elsewhere.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Then I'd tell them to forget it. Talk about going backwards. So you quit your job at step 5, then come back and you're at step 1? No thanks. I could see them maybe starting you back at a step below what you left at, but not more than that. I'd find a job elsewhere.
There was a time when quitting, then rehiring at starting pay, was the best way to get a raise.

vantexan

Except now the lowest you'd start at is what, seventeen something? Would be difficult to find something starting at that much unless you have experience in it.

Empty Pockets

When the new ten step pay scale came out a few years ago, it appeared that it cold not work(for the employee). We discussed it and all agreed that it would fail so we have been waiting for the next raise where the top moved up. It has not happened. We got the tax bonus raise 6 months early which was after the 6 month delay. April 2018, that raise came and stated that the next merit increase would be Oct. 2019...18 months away. This negated the whole newsworthy raise that we got. Anyway, back to the pay scale. If you are at level 8 and the top gets a raise...you will still be at level 8 unless they give you two raises.

The COMP site has recently been updated and the old pay scales have been deleted. Over the last 20 years, the difference from the bottom to the top has gone from $3.33 to over $11.00. It appears that engineers have strategically made it impossible to top out and the new 10 tier system, although it look appealing, seems to be doomed from the start. After three years, I am patiently awaiting the next raise to see how my buddies at level 8 come out of this.

59 Dano

It appears that engineers have strategically made it impossible to top out and the new 10 tier system,

Engineers have nothing to do with it.

although it look appealing, seems to be doomed from the start. After three years, I am patiently awaiting the next raise to see how my buddies at level 8 come out of this.

OK LET US KNOW OK?