Re-to all new ups people just starting out

T

trucker1946

Looks like I opened a can of worms,Instead of getting riled up I will just fade into the sunset its been fun

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Looks like I opened a can of worms,Instead of getting riled up I will just fade into the sunset its been fun
I apologize to you trucker1946, some of us here at browncafe have "issues" with one another sorry to hijack your thread but you original post was heartfelt and taken that way. I hope that you will post some other anecdotes about your time a UPS, but if not and you choose to "fade into the sunset" then Good Luck to you.
p.s. can you take daniel with you?
p.p.s. sorry

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
trucker1946,
I hope you don't just fade into the sunset. The way I see it, the Brown Cafe should be about sharing ideas, advice, and humoring ourselves occassionly. Some people get into personal attacks, and I think that is a shame. On this board, we hear from people 16 to 80plus, so everyone coming here is from all different levels of maturity and senses of humor. I post on here to see if things are the same everywhere with this company. People like us have been with UPS thirty plus years, and we have seen a lot of changes, some good and some bad. Don't just "fade away", whether the "youngsters"realize it or not, maybe your wisdom will sink in some way. Hope to hear from you again.

aspenleaf

Trucker1946, do you have any daughters or granddaughters in the mid to late 20's? Diadlover would like to take them out.

How did this turn into the battle with Dannyboy? I read this and thought diadlover was joking and he said mid to late 20s so where did little girls enter the picture? I may have missed something while I was busy living life but I will have to look for the post where diadlover said he liked little boys.

Trucker ~ you are a very kind person. Please don't leave because of this battle that found its way into your thread. You have good advice and if people follow it they might retire with money to enjoy instead of a lot of debt. :thumbup1:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
See what I mean, people are getting so mean on here. Whats up????
I thought it was good advice, but Ill never be a millionaire. I have always been happy just to be able to pay my bills.
But for someone who starts out the right way they could have it made. I did it a**backwards, had kids then went to college and got a good job. The other way is preferable, but I had a blast raising my kids, and now Im on them to get the money saved, etc. And they do well. Because they saw it was easier to do it, Education, Job,start saving, then family.

over9five

Staff member
"...but I will have to look for the post where diadlover said he liked little boys."

Don't bother, you won't find it. Just another thread gone bad.

Trust me, I know, I've gone astray twice lately myself...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
:no:
Oh dannyboy, the Irish drunk of the browncafe. This is what now? The third or fourth time you've implied that I'm gay? Yes, I'll admit that I find most women annoying. So what? No, I've never posted anything saying that I like men and boys (your gross btw). Please provide a link to that post because I would love to read it.

How about you introduce me to your daughter dboy. I'll prove that I'm not gay. In fact, I'll prove it right in front of you.:wink:

Keep on running your mouth. You do fit the profile. Little man, big mouth, low self esteeme, but loves to brag on himself while trying to put others down. Now you want to branch out to involve little girls too? Whats wrong, cant get it up with a real woman, only boys and girls?

Textbook example.

d
:mad: This kind of conversation is inappropriate and not welcome here. Cool it!

aspenleaf

"...but I will have to look for the post where diadlover said he liked little boys."

Don't bother, you won't find it. Just another thread gone bad.

Trust me, I know, I've gone astray twice lately myself...

Thanks, I won't waste my time! We need a thread titled "When good or fun threads go bad”.

aspenleaf

Trucker1946, do you have any daughters or granddaughters in the mid to late 20's? Diadlover would like to take them out.

Dannyboy, not sure why you took offense to my comment (btw thanks for the negative rep vote - your comment however is incorrect. diadlover said he would like to take them out not make it with them. If guys didn't want to go out with people's daughters and perhaps marry them and have kids the human race would end so I didn't see any harm in his comment. You sir seem to suck the fun out of everything. Can you ever remember a time when you just enjoyed something and didn't try to make it into something evil? diadlover's comment may have been a little off but it was not what you made it out to be.

T

trucker1946

Dannyboy and diadlover please dont use my post as a sounding board for your disagreements,put the gloves on and duke it out,life is too short for this nonsense.

DS

Fenderbender
trucker, this board is like a democracy,everyone can say whatever they want.Dont take it so personnel...Dannyboy and wily and I
can rant all we want about our life at ups ,and diadlover and anyone else can say whatever they want.maybe we are a bit juvenile,but your thread was authentic and I liked it.

jetset

pitch and toss
My old man always said to me "Don't waste time worrying about tomorrow, tomorrow may never come" Advise I have always lived by and to be honest its been a ball, however recent events at UPS have set me wondering about it's and my future. I now have my own family and with it the responsibilitys that brings. yet more worry. So when I visit my old man I express my concerns "son, you might be here for eighty years you might be here for one hundred but if all your going to do is worry whats the point of being here at all" So I will save a little but I sure will live life a lot.

brett636

I will have to agree that trucker's advice is good advice. Too many people in general live right at or above their means. They can't afford what they have yet they still buy more. I may be part-time, but my part-time income has secured me a house. When I go full-time either with UPS or with another company doing somethign else I will be living well below my means. I am saving whatever I can and continue to contribute to my 401k that I started at age 22(24 now). Being smart with the money you make at UPS can get you into that millionaire club, but it takes some determination and self discipline. Most the millionaires in this country didn't get there by winning the lottery or having a lot of luck in some business adventure. They got there by saving everything they could afford to and not playing the usual game of keeping up with the jones.

Between a mortgage, car payments, four kids, and the wife and I going to school, we're making it, but just barely. I'm breaking even every week, but I'm still going somewhere.

Soon, when I hit top wage, I'll have the money to put away, contribute to a 401(k), and purchase stock, and I'll have just over 30 years (until I'm 55) to save up. Then hopefully I can retire in style like Trucker.:thumbup1:

BTW, thanks for the good advice. It's nice for us young'uns to get a stern reminder every once in a while.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Trucker,

Don't let other memebers personal confrontation get in the way of your meaningful thread. Your example of success should make all of us proud and hopeful. You joined UPS as a feeder driver and became a millionaire and that's a worthy accomplishment. Nobody, I mean nobody can refute that.:wink:

Your thread is a timely and welcome fact that anyone that puts their effort, trust, and perserverence in to what they believe in will be successful. Too many times many threads on this board reiterate the negative, yet you are what many only wish they could achieve and don't because they'd rather rant and rave how the world is so unfair to them.

Your hard work and payoff should only be an example of what others should heed.

Appreciating your post:thumbup1:

tieguy

Banned

Diadlover you have to take the blame on this one. I understand the joke about wanting to inherit truckers millions but you probably should leave his daughters out of it.

maybe a line like "Trucker do you need a good son in law?"
would have been a little better?

diadlover

Diadlover you have to take the blame on this one. I understand the joke about wanting to inherit truckers millions but you probably should leave his daughters out of it.

maybe a line like "Trucker do you need a good son in law?"
would have been a little better?

Was my joke really that offensive? I don't see how me asking Trucker to take out his adult daughter would justify anything that dboy said. Dboy called me a gay child molester and I'm supposed to take the blame for this? Come on tieguy!