Really Confused about Contract

ups_wife

Hi all, My husband has been a FT Driver with UPS for for 7 years. We are in WI - local 344. He's a steward and so he talks a lot about the union contract (which he voted no on). I have been trying to understand the contract situation as he explains it and can not. Following the Oct. vote and ratification, he told me that we should be receiving a check for his raise back to August 1st. That hasn't happened? I'm sitting down to plan for Christmas and he doesn't know what's going on with it and everything he says is a big jumble to my ears... Could someone please put it into to simple terms for me. Will there be back pay for a raise? When will that happen? Is it really a thing?

JustDeliverIt

There is back pay, but only once all supplemental agreements are ratified.
As to when that happens is anyone's guess. 5 supplemental agreements need to be voted on again. I wouldn't count on it before the new year.

JustDeliverIt

Hi all, My husband has been a FT Driver with UPS for for 7 years. We are in WI - local 344. He's a steward and so he talks a lot about the union contract (which he voted no on). I have been trying to understand the contract situation as he explains it and can not. Following the Oct. vote and ratification, he told me that we should be receiving a check for his raise back to August 1st. That hasn't happened? I'm sitting down to plan for Christmas and he doesn't know what's going on with it and everything he says is a big jumble to my ears... Could someone please put it into to simple terms for me. Will there be back pay for a raise? When will that happen? Is it really a thing?

And if that is your real picture, may I suggest changing it to something generic.

tadpole

Ask your husband.

ups_wife

There is back pay, but only once all supplemental agreements are ratified.
As to when that happens is anyone's guess. 5 supplemental agreements need to be voted on again. I wouldn't count on it before the new year.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that all of the supplements had to be ratified first.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Just keep makin babies

Let the men folk take care of this

542thruNthru

No offense but your husband must not be a very good steward if he can't explain to you when and why he will get his retro check.

Please tell him to study up and go to some union meetings.