Reducing overtime

Typical BMW is a lot more than that. Like Brownslave said, the AVERAGE new car is nearly $35,000. Perhaps sticker shock to some, but if you think you're buying an expensive car when you drop $30K, you'd be wrong. You're buying a below average car. Average pickup trucks are like $45K. $65K if you want a "nice" one.
I don't need all of that on something that loses value by the minute.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who finances a car? Pay cash. I haven't had a car payment since 12th grade and I drive some nice stuff. My last truck was $53,000+. I just dug up an extra can of cash in the back yard. Same with my motorcycles. CASH. I was raised that if you don't have the money --- don't spend it.
The fact of the matter is you could be using that 53k to increase net worth while making payments instead of losing money the second you leave the lot.

rod

Retired 22 years
The fact of the matter is you could be using that 53k to increase net worth while making payments instead of losing money the second you leave the lot.

Net worth means nothing to me. I scrimped and save all my life so I could enjoy retirement. I have plenty of money to live the life style I enjoy and still drive nice stuff. And I don't have to rely on a wife to support me.

Brownslave688

Still have your old beat up pick up truck?
The full size stays at the farm. The ranger has been at the local machine shop for over a year. I think they forgot about it. Oh well I consider it free storage.

My mom just offered me her highlander. She refuses to take money for it. So I think we are gonna send them to an all inclusive resort for a week in return for that and babysitting.

Brownslave688

Net worth means nothing to me. I scrimped and save all my life so I could enjoy retirement. I have plenty of money to live the life style I enjoy and still drive nice stuff. And I don't have to rely on a wife to support me.
I'm just saying why people would do it differently.

The full size stays at the farm. The ranger has been at the local machine shop for over a year. I think they forgot about it. Oh well I consider it free storage.

My mom just offered me her highlander. She refuses to take money for it. So I think we are gonna send them to an all inclusive resort for a week in return for that and babysitting.
Nice

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm just saying why people would do it differently.

What amazes me are the kids who get married and think they have to have a new house and 2 new cars just because they are married. And that usually goes along with a couple of big student loans to pay off. I made some good investments over the years so I can afford to pay cash and drive nice stuff. Yes I know you take a dirty beating as soon as you drive it off the lot but its also nice knowing EVERYTHING is under warrantee for a few years. .