'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

He did, he did his pickup. He can't tell the pickup people that he needs the pickup now or he'll get in trouble. If he had no work to do that would be thing. I think what it will come down to is that he wasn't instructed to do message in after completing delivery stops but prior to doing the pickup stops. I think he will be warned and instructed to do so and will wind up being fine in the end. This assumes he had 0 delivery stops at that point and only pickup stops.
If you think that's okay then you go ahead and do it and see how that situation works out
For you

This is the same reason why they put warning wrappers on sliced American cheese to make sure you take the plastic wrapper off before you eat it because people are stupid

johnnybgood

If you think that's okay then you go ahead and do it and see how that situation works out
For you

This is the same reason why they put warning wrappers on sliced American cheese to make sure you take the plastic wrapper off before you eat it because people are stupid
Not saying it's what I woulda done at all, I woulda messaged in and probably got sent to sweep a UPS store, but this could be the argument they use.

Not saying it's what I woulda done at all, I woulda messaged in and probably got sent to sweep a UPS store, but this could be the argument they use.
Especially without being slow right now you didn't want to give company any ammunition to fire you for something stupid
You can send all the bench and wait a month or so for hearing maybe you'll get your job back
Just use a little bit of common Sense

oldngray

nowhere special
Do they really put warnings on the “cheese” wrappers now?
z-fun-27-1.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It’s their company they can run it how they want to. If they want to dispatch a driver with downtime that’s up to them, and it’s not a big deal most people have downtime at their jobs. You are stealing time by doing the dispatchers work during your day focus on your own job.
They can see every move you make
Should have instructed him what they wanted him to do
Is how it would go out in the real world except this is ups.
So your :censored2:ed

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Worst time of year was when the clocks got turned back as a cover driver. Delivering in the dark was no fun, delivering in the dark when you had no clue what number the house was , was a nightmare. Not a better day than when I got my first bid route. Knew every house number like the back of my hand. Dark at 4:30 depressing but who cares. Knew where I was going.
Back in the day it was get it close and they can figure it out

JL 0513

All the talk about the drivers side of the story but why didn't management notice during the course of the day that he didn't have enough work? We are monitored constantly. They know how many stops we have left at any given time. At times, that monitoring may have breaks but not for hours at a time. Plus, it would have been known at start time he didn't have a full days work. It's so unbelievable that it could be entrapment for all we know.

It is interesting though that millions of jobs have unavoidable downtime, but we as UPS drivers have to use every second of the day making the company money.

Last edited: