'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

some1else

Banned
All the talk about the drivers side of the story but why didn't management notice during the course of the day that he didn't have enough work? We are monitored constantly. They know how many stops we have left at any given time. At times, that monitoring may have breaks but not for hours at a time. Plus, it would have been known at start time he didn't have a full days work. It's so unbelievable that it could be entrapment for all we know.

It is interesting though that millions of jobs have unavoidable downtime, but we as UPS drivers have to use every second of the day making the company money.
this is exactly how I see. Some of the responses here make sense for 20y ago when they didn’t have the ability to see what going on without driving out and looking in your truck. There are trade offs they have the ability to spy on us all day now so they can’t claim we are sitting out there without them knowing. Their iPad shows you have no delivery’s, completed lunch, and are parked outside a pickup that isn’t due for 2 hours why do you need to tell them as well?
It’s like during the snow
“Please take pics of the bad roads for emergency conditions”
Maybe in the past but you have a spy camera installed in my truck quit being lazy and match the time I sheeted it with the camera footage m, aka do your job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
All the talk about the drivers side of the story but why didn't management notice during the course of the day that he didn't have enough work? We are monitored constantly. They know how many stops we have left at any given time. At times, that monitoring may have breaks but not for hours at a time. Plus, it would have been known at start time he didn't have a full days work. It's so unbelievable that it could be entrapment for all we know.

It is interesting though that millions of jobs have unavoidable downtime, but we as UPS drivers have to use every second of the day making the company money.
Who says they weren’t monitoring? This companies to give people enough rope to hang them selves.

tadpole

“Please take pics of the bad roads for emergency conditions”
Maybe in the past but you have a spy camera installed in my truck quit being lazy and match the time I sheeted it with the camera footage m, aka do your job.
I don't think you have a good understanding about the way Lytx works.
They aren't saving everybody's full day footage. They only keep stuff that gets flagged.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Because they are control freaks…always have been always will be. We seriously need some language in the contract dealing with firings and suspensions that are total bs.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I don't think you have a good understanding about the way Lytx works.
They aren't saving everybody's full day footage. They only keep stuff that gets flagged.
Lol. They aren't saving the footage. You should read the patent for the lynx forward and rear facing camera.