Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

The Driver

I drive.
They don't even try to hide it anymore. The directions in the map program thing literally say 'turn left/right into driveway' as the last step for like half my stops.

It's literally telling me to nose into driveways. For example, Had a delivery on a cul-de-sac, maybe 200 ft long....Orion still tells me to pull into the 20 ft driveway so I could turn around.

I thought we were supposed to avoid residential backs?

United Problem Solvers at it again!

Over disciplined0123

They took RDO away from our building months ago and it's been a complete train wreck ever since. Cover drivers going out blind basically can't finish anything dispatched over 10 hours and the new hires become so frustrated that they either wash out or quit 2 weeks or even less into the probationary period. Had somebody told me last Christmas Eve that upper management would find a way to make working conditions even worse for the drivers next peak season, I'd have doubted it would be possible. Not any more. Their incompetence appears to have no limits.
As I being a 28 year veteran driver at UPS. I have learned that anything that is incorporated into the system like EDD and ORION which are funded and paid for by its investors that fail well they never admit to a system that is a failure I wonder why that is?????? Does anyone know the answer

Over disciplined0123

They don't even try to hide it anymore. The directions in the map program thing literally say 'turn left/right into driveway' as the last step for like half my stops.

It's literally telling me to nose into driveways. For example, Had a delivery on a cul-de-sac, maybe 200 ft long....Orion still tells me to pull into the 20 ft driveway so I could turn around.

I thought we were supposed to avoid residential backs?
It's a joke I came back from vacation to not having my RDO option in my diad only a map view .. well I have 2 streets closed for bridge repair in which I have to drive a extra 15 miles to go around and deliver each half of street before the bridge closure went and told dispatch and they said they could not fix it

Dumbo

As I being a 28 year veteran driver at UPS. I have learned that anything that is incorporated into the system like EDD and ORION which are funded and paid for by its investors that fail well they never admit to a system that is a failure I wonder why that is?????? Does anyone know the answer

It's not just UPS. I've seen this in my last government job, and you see it in politics all the time. It's some completely disconnected big wig that has an idea, they say "let's make it happen". They take bids for a contractor. The contractor sub-contracts 90% of the work, so there is no fluidity, communication, or integrity in the implementation, and so you end up with a bad idea with even worse implementation with so many hands in it that nobody even knows where to point the finger for it's failure, and yet the ones who came up with it are so invested financially, and their reputation is on the line for it to work, so they refuse to see it and continue to double down on it, stressed, screaming, pointing fingers, pleading to get it done and make it work.

That's what is happening now. The big wigs at UPS are desperate, screaming, and pleading to make it work and get it done. The managers, and supervisors have nothing to do with it. They honestly have it worse than us . They are told to eat a :censored2: sandwich every day.

For Orion, I'll bet there were 10-15 different sub contractors involved and they barely even spoke to each other. They just saw $$$ as UPS just unloaded truck loads of money on their doorsteps, most likely before they even had a product finished. I saw it in government contracts a lot. The contractor would basically take the money and run...provide the :censored2:tiest service for the least amount of work and just cashed in.

Last edited:

Over disciplined0123

It's not just UPS. I've seen this in my last government job, and you see it in politics all the time. It's some completely disconnected big wig that has an idea, they say "let's make it happen". They take bids for a contractor. The contractor sub-contracts 90% of the work, so there is no fluidity, communication, or integrity in the implementation, and so you end up with a bad idea with even worse implementation with so many hands in it that nobody even knows where to point the finger for it's failure, and yet the ones who came up with it are so invested financially, and their reputation is on the line for it to work, so they refuse to see it and continue to double down on it, stressed, screaming, pointing fingers, pleading to get it done and make it work.

That's what is happening now. The big wigs at UPS are desperate, screaming, and pleading to make it work and get it done. The managers, and supervisors have nothing to do with it. They honestly have it worse than us . They are told to eat a :censored2: sandwich every day.

For Orion, I'll bet there were 10-15 different sub contractors involved and they barely even spoke to each other I'm betting. They just saw $$$ as UPS just unloaded truck loads of money on their doorsteps, most likely before they even had a product finished. I saw it in government contracts a lot. The contractor would basically take the money and run...provide the :censored2:tiest service for the least amount of work and just cashed in.
Exactly true ups went public and turned this company into a investment. I do know for a fact that EDD was a billion dollar program paid for by a group of shareholders it was a published fact in early 2000,s

Over disciplined0123

Exactly true ups went public and turned this company into a investment. I do know for a fact that EDD was a billion dollar program paid for by a group of shareholders it was a published fact in early 2000,s
And also true managers and supervisors just have to follow orders and directions even when they know it's a fail ,everyone has a job to do I guess

Dollar Chasing

It's a joke I came back from vacation to not having my RDO option in my diad only a map view .. well I have 2 streets closed for bridge repair in which I have to drive a extra 15 miles to go around and deliver each half of street before the bridge closure went and told dispatch and they said they could not fix it
This is not true. They can place blocks on the road before the construction for Orion to hit and have to go around. They’re either lying because they don’t want to bump their miles up, or they’re dumb.

Today I came in and noticed that half the routes have Orion off. I asked why and they said that most routes were unfeasable and they didn't want to fix them.

Good times.

6D9A3625-2B8F-49DA-871B-565075241810.gif

MC0493

I wish they'd turn orion off here, dispatcher said he can't which i'm sure means he wont cause he'll get bbq'ed. I ran an area blind today and what a blizzard of circles and u turns that was.

I wish they'd turn orion off here, dispatcher said he can't which i'm sure means he wont cause he'll get bbq'ed. I ran an area blind today and what a blizzard of circles and u turns that was.
1. Start on the beginning of shelf 1.
2. Deliver first stop
3. Look on shelf for next stop
4. Repeat.

JL 0513

Back track as much as with Orion because your loader can't put anything in order.

That's why this method will likely turn very frustrating with today's 300 pkg loads. Very time consuming to double and triple check all around the package's intended area making sure you're not missing anything.

Grey

Today I came in and noticed that half the routes have Orion off. I asked why and they said that most routes were unfeasable and they didn't want to fix them.

Good times.

So all you have to do is complain and they’ll give your route EDD back?