Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

Smashmouth

What they never understand is that its not just about the miles. The computer will never be able to know that i hit a traffic jam and decided to drop into a neigborhood and get some stops off until it clears or what time the parents start lining up at the school to pick up their kids making delivery nearly impossible. And most importantly the scrambling of my route everyday diminishes what I consider the most important aspect of my job....my customers...they used to be able to set their watches by what time I wouls show up each day...now its a different time everyday...Im losing the connction with my customers, which IMHO makes it alot easier for them to use another delivery company.

wayfair

swollen member
Can't wait to see my Orion compliance numbers tomorrow...

What a friggin joke...

Out of my first 10 stops, 6 were closed because they open at 10am... I wanted soooo bad to send them to an access point.

OrionsBitch

Not...
What they never understand is that its not just about the miles. The computer will never be able to know that i hit a traffic jam and decided to drop into a neigborhood and get some stops off until it clears or what time the parents start lining up at the school to pick up their kids making delivery nearly impossible. And most importantly the scrambling of my route everyday diminishes what I consider the most important aspect of my job....my customers...they used to be able to set their watches by what time I wouls show up each day...now its a different time everyday...Im losing the connction with my customers, which IMHO makes it alot easier for them to use another delivery company.
Nothing but corporate greed and false advertising to investors. The way of the world. Money means more than people.

BrownThunder

Ours is gone too, it started today. Thank god I knew the route frontwards and backwards, I just ran it like I usually do. Only issue was how scrambled my usual order is on the diad.

MC0493

Lost RDO here too, not a word was said at the pcm, edd was released after the pcm and then a collective freak out began. I ran a route i've been doing for 3 weeks now, it was a complete nightmare in a blown out 1000. I wasted so much time scrolling trying to find the stops i wanted to deliver it in what would be rdo.

iowa boy

We also lost our RDO today. You can't use the map feature in the diad if you drive over 10 miles per hour, so it will look real good on telematics when I have to pull over four different times to look at the map so I don't make a wrong turn somewhere if I have to travel 15 miles between stops covering a route I that I don't know.

Evidently we can't train all these new guys and gals we have to read an actual plat book anymore that we have to revert to this crap.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Lost RDO here too, not a word was said at the pcm, edd was released after the pcm and then a collective freak out began. I ran a route i've been doing for 3 weeks now, it was a complete nightmare in a blown out 1000. I wasted so much time scrolling trying to find the stops i wanted to deliver it in what would be rdo.

Just Management being friendly and honest.
Nationwide rollout to send a message.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The abject stupidity of loading stops in RDO order while intentionally deleting the drivers ability to view the stops in RDO order...combined with implementing a battery-draining map feature prior to equipping all the package cars with a charger...utterly defies description.
If we were in China or the Soviet union, the idiot responsible for this would be marched out behind the building and publicly executed for such gross incompetence.

A good guy

Our center manager surprisingly doesn't give two :censored2:s if drivers follow trace or not (as of right now).

Even the driver sups are bull:censored2:ting about it. They just tell the drivers to say "I was just following trace" and let dispatch or whoever makes the routes worry about it.

browned out

I can't tell you how many times I have missed business following Orion blind. I have had churches and elementary schools as my last stops on split routes for no good reason. Bid drivers can survive this, but it screws us cover drivers.

UPS could easily add a notation in the diad that identifies business stops. UPS does not care about customer service or fulfilling their commitments. UPS refuses to act in the best interest of UPS customers and instead acts in the best interest (and dividends) of shareholders. Missed churches, apartment offices, mobile home park offices, etc. are missed in my center every time a cover driver pulls a route. No blame to them; how the friend are they supposed to know what is a business and what is a resi?

I have asked numerous times if the UPS ORION Commander could put either commit times by the most often missed businesses or a note in the Board showing that a stop is a business.

No Dice.

Last edited:

JL 0513

UPS could easily add a notation in the diad that identifies business stops. UPS does not care about customer service or fulfilling their commitments. UPS refuses to act in the best interest of UPS customers and instead acts in the best interest (and dividends) of shareholders. Missed churches, apartment offices, mobile home park offices, etc. are missed in my center every time a cover driver pulls a route. No blame to them; how the friend are they supposed to know what is a business and what is a resi?

I have asked numerous times if the UPS ORION Commander could put either commit times by the most often missed businesses or a note in the Board showing that a stop is a business.

No Dice.

Especially since so many people ship stuff to their work under their name only, no business name on label and hence the Diad description tab. So even if a blind driver goes through each and every remaining stop at 4:30 and clicks description, it doesn't mean you identify every business. Wasn't the massive collection of data UPS gathered identifying businesses vs resi combined with Orion supposed to mean businesses wouldn't be placed at the end of day? The idea being that drivers could run routes blind with this wonderful new tool. I've said it before, Orion actually makes routes much more complicated to run blind.

Daf

Around here, they’ll also tell drivers to use “future”, or “not in” instead of missed. I usually delete it in my diad and bring it to the office. If they want to lie about it, they can use the customer counter board.
You need to take a picture of those messages. It will cover your ass when they accuse you of dishonesty.

Went live here as well. No mention of it at PCM. Tons of rookies running unfamiliar routes. Half the center clocked out at the 14 hour mark, lmao

Good news is that I'll have a nice 8 hour day Friday at this rate!