Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

vvv

We lost RDO today. I ran a route I know and just kept shaking my head on what ORION wanted me to do.

The bottom line is that it will be so exhausting to keep scrolling and trying to figure it out that I will get my air off, get my bulk off, and just run it stop for stop.

The customers will suffer and at this point, I don't care anymore. This was a completely unnecessary complication of work. UPS is going to pay for this. I'm done trying to keep customers happy and go the extra mile.

k-bigpic.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth brother. We've had it for awhile now and it's a complete joke. But we will give them what they want and put the ball in their court.
Have my own route and of course know it well, but as you said it's exhausting trying to piece it together like it was before. So to not frustrate myself I just started running it as is and laugh to myself all day.

Sheer stupidity.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Came in tonight after 8pm, ran 100% on ORION. Supervisor asks if I followed it or ran it the right way.....I said according to people above your pay grade, ORION is the “right” way. Anyways I ran 31 miles over my plan....after 22 years I clearly have so much to learn.

CoolStoryBro

Just Management being friendly and honest.
Nationwide rollout to send a message.

To send a message that we should strike? ODO is garbage.

Deployed here with no word. Supervisors did not even know it was happening. Drivers discovered it after PCM.

I try to approach this algorithmically.
Deliver bulk and reds first. Once I can maneuver through the middle of the truck safely and select packages I will follow ODO. I break route to do pickups at normal times. And I break route near the end of the day to chase off any businesses ODO would have me deliver after business hours. Then back to ODO.

I will skip a stop if it is extremely stupid. I'm not leaving a neighborhood to go get one stop 3 miles away. Then come back and deliver the rest of that neighborhood.

I was 50 miles over ODO miles today. And punched out almost 3 hours after the ODO computer showed me finish.

Mileage was mostly due to the volume shuttled out to me during the day. I had a huge amount of stuff that did not fit on the truck.

Cool Story

vvv

Came in tonight after 8pm, ran 100% on ORION. Supervisor asks if I followed it or ran it the right way.....I said according to people above your pay grade, ORION is the “right” way. Anyways I ran 31 miles over my plan....after 22 years I clearly have so much to learn.

Good job my friend, give them everything they want and more, and hammer their collective backends!!

Grey

I almost passed out organizing my resi today. I was sorting every stop with my diad like it was the first week of my training route. Packages with the same pal number were on different shelves by the time I had it 100% in order.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What would happen if today's Orion shenanigans got out to investors?

The company has sold their technology hard for them. Now they might know now that it has all been a dog-and-pony show with no real results.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Word is that starting tomorrow RDO will be gone in our center. Orion only.

Of course they'll still be loading the trucks in RDO order.

You can't fix stupid. This place is going to make me a wealthy man.
We had our first day with no RDO yesterday. As long as you know the route you can adjust.
The problem for the company will occur when drivers are thrown into the blind and can't make the adjustments.
My loader is so bad I feel he is loading my car by ORION.
I don't understand why the Company wants make our job harder than it already is.
That's right they don't want people hanging around for 25 years anymore.

old levi's

blank space
Imagine taking someone off the street, and throwing them into a bricked out truck loaded by RDO, and expect them to deliver using ODO. You would have all the usual stress associated with learning this job, plus the insanity of Orion.