Repeat of 2013 peak?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I hate it, but that's what they tell us we have to do. I try to keep helper numbers low, and just see if guys will jump between drivers. Usually can get them a full day that way. Plus it tells me a lot, if they want the hours, I know I can depend on them to show up.
How much snow up there?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But every route was in preload started earlier than will the rest of the week. Yet still couldn't wrap until half an hour after start time?

I don't see how we are going to get out before 10 the rest of the week.
Our preload wrapped on time. Actually had quite a few guys back by 6 too. It helped having guys just do pickups all day though.

browner89

About 6 inches right now. May have to roll over trailers because of the weather tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Where you at again? We're having the warmest year on record over here, 10-day forecast is all high 40's low 50's, average is under 30 lol. Insanely mild here, no complaints.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Looking like 2013 peak for sure here in NorCal. Preload started an hour early yet they were no where near to being wrapped by the time pcm was over. Ended up leaving at 9:30 after the manager told everyone to just leave whatever else was on the belt. Drove off with hella stuff still on the slide. Sure enough, 210 stops and 36 pickups later at 9:30pm I finish with 45 stops still showing in EDD. I hate the day after a holiday. Always double the business stops, meaning I have to struggle just to finish them before pickups. Add on the fact that the dispatch girl is having trouble assigning stuff with Orion and ends up putting residential areas in section 1 and 2. I complain and she says that since they have the residential NDA in trace she has no choice but to put it like that. Basically our ish is all friend'ed up.

DOK

In my 20 years today was the heaviest I've ever seen I was over dispatched by a 100 stops lol

Some centers must have gotten some volume advanced, we had the same volume Monday as we did black Friday, wasn't bad. They're saying today it will hit here.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My helper called out today. Shows the type of person we hire.

We were very lucky the weather worked out great last year.
UPS gets their ass kicked by the stock market media because we could have handled a couple big storms if need be.
It pays but doesn't pay to be a publicly traded company.

Our center looks pretty good. Lots of extra routes and helper coordinators are competent.
I feel bad for some of my brothers and sisters around the country who are being short changed already by scared Jos. A. Bank-wearing phonies who never drove.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
These are the two reactions from management I see happening this year based on what I am hearing

jillian-michaels.gif

Or

imagesmonday-at-the-office.gif

But

I'm on FMLA so that's none of my business

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our preload didn't wrap until 9:45 yesterday. We had a bunch of trailers advanced on us. Oh, and combine that with the all day rain that made my dirt roads sloppy. Made for a FUN day. And today is supposed to be worse?

BigSlim

I'm a driver helper, my second day was yesterday. He kept me 11 hours and today he's starting me an hour earlier and picking me up from my house.

Yesterday was pretty brutal. I don't know how you guys do this every year but I'm gonna stick it out.