Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

100%

Exactly what I meant. UPS would bring back drivers and insiders who crossed and hire additional people as permanent employees and not hire back or recognize the teamster union. In short, UPS employees would no longer be union employees. We would have drivers just like FDX Air has drivers that are not represented by a union.
Just be quiet. Your butt cheeks are flapping.

100%

How many people can last a prolonged strike? Very few. People will cross, and all those other drivers that make 1/2 what a UPS driver makes will come to work for UPS. I'll be sitting laughing when people who made over 40/hr with great benefits strikes and becomes unemployed and can't find another job making anywhere near the salary as they were. Enjoy your fantasy.
How many companies can withstand a prolonged strike? NONE so enjoy your fake fantasy.

100%

We will not go on strike. We will more than likely play the 11th hour game, but we won't strike. If the union is soft, we will work without a contract like last time. If the union is firm, we will settle at the last hour, minute and second. Big Brown is a publicly traded company. A strike will crush shareholder value and they can't afford to let that happen. Take that to the bank!
So your last 2 sentences mean we won’t lose and we aren’t just settling.

After 36 years, maybe I’m still naive, but I don’t think significantly more will cross than in 97. Situations have changed a bit, but people are still people. We had a lot of young folks then also who were clueless but listened up and stayed true.

Now getting them to show up for the picket line…

That happened locally. Don’t wanna out myself but…. Yep it was very personal for those who crossed.

Locally we were chill since we’re a small center but the big guys came in and… you know.

I personally ate pizza, drank beverages and played guitar chilling. Don’t wish this upon our brother and sisters. It gets real serious quickly. Until then promote the business and make as much bank as possible. Remember the big boys might troll this site. United we got this. Trust Sean he has our back.
LOL, we drank a lot of beverages! Ah, summertime, and the picketing is easy….

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
You deadass finna not talk to management, cap. They sussy AF
Fr fr they deadass touch grass
IMG_8533.jpeg

brett636

Why aren’t you going to walk the line are you special.
You realize if you don’t work the picket line you don’t get strike pay which is 5 times your monthly dues
Or are you a scab that doesent pay dues
Lol. I will have better things to do. I have vacation scheduled for one week and a healthy financial position that allows me to avoid sitting at a gate in early August holding a sign. Not to mention I hold a CDL so getting a temporary position that pays better than the strike pay is not hard to come by.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol. I will have better things to do. I have vacation scheduled for one week and a healthy financial position that allows me to avoid sitting at a gate in early August holding a sign. Not to mention I hold a CDL so getting a temporary position that pays better than the strike pay is not hard to come by.

Yeah that’s how you win a strike
SMDH

brett636

Yeah that’s how you win a strike
SMDH
Incase you missed the point of a strike is to withhold labor from the company to get an agreement. At no time did I say I will offer or allow the company to benefit from my labor during any legitimate strike. I do not see how sitting at the gate with a sign is going make the process move along faster. I’m certain there are plenty of others who will walk the line as many are making it sound like it will be a party. My time will be spent elsewhere.

Incase you missed the point of a strike is to withhold labor from the company to get an agreement. At no time did I say I will offer or allow the company to benefit from my labor during any legitimate strike. I do not see how sitting at the gate with a sign is going make the process move along faster. I’m certain there are plenty of others who will walk the line as many are making it sound like it will be a party. My time will be spent elsewhere.
United we stand. Divided we fall.

I'm truly disappointed.

542thruNthru

What do you think happens when no one shows up to the line? The point of a strike is a lot more than just withholding labor.