Retirement side hustle and tax right off

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My goal is to collect the pension longer than I worked for UPS. I think that is going to be easy as my people on both sides of the family lived into their nineties. My Dad collected his pension for 35 years.

Off the leash

The Union did restrict what kind of jobs a retiree could work. The idea being not to take a younger Union members job who could be paying into your pension. That was back before Reagan when most jobs were Union.
They still restrict them. If they don’t comply you can only work 80 hours a month. Even the geographical location matters!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
okay. do what you want. I still have a lot of friends at the hub that i see.

ever thought of that .......jerk?
Hey....I'm just questioning what is clearly obvious..
A retired person that's been gone as long as you claim (in some cases) don't refer to where they used to work as "their Hub"...

It's funny that you call me a jerk....

I suppose I should return the comment and call you a dirty skank??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey....I'm just questioning what is clearly obvious..
A retired person that's been gone as long as you claim (in some cases) don't refer to where they used to work as "their Hub"...

It's funny that you call me a jerk....

I suppose I should return the comment and call you a dirty skank??
More holes in her story than a slice of Swiss

If you are referring to a 401k, there's a 10% penalty on top of the Income Tax unless you prove some sort of Hardship.
That is incorrect. If you were tired from your employer in our 55 years of age and older you can withdraw from your 401k as long as you're not move it to an IRA

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That is incorrect. If you were tired from your employer in our 55 years of age and older you can withdraw from your 401k as long as you're not move it to an IRA
OK, I thought the context was retirement and working versus not working.