retirement

floridays

You continue to blame your financial situation on the company, meanwhile I know dozens of retirees that are doing just fine. Some of those only had the Portable so dont blame not having a full Traditional for your money woes. The ONLY person to blame for your poor financial situation is the person you see in the rearview mirror each morning when you wake up in the parking lot.
I call
bsbullf.gif

Anyone you know that retired with the portable does not do fine on that account.

To have the portable exclusively, 17 years would be the maximum amount of years they could have been employed with Fedex. Everyone on this board knows the long road to top pay, they never sniffed it. Not possible in 17 years.

I'd guess they already had some type of retirement or pension before coming to Fedex. They are not doing fine on the portable pension they would have accrued.

I stand to be corrected, correct me.

floridays

I call
bsbullf.gif
once again, unless they had no bills.
I mean, no bills. We know what the market, they had years lost in catching up or they had retained it in cash equivalent accounts and lost years of growth.

Your story does not add up. It's not plausible.

Once again, I stand to be corrected, correct me.

floridays

Retirement doesn't happen by accident. You have a plan and stick to it. Those that have a plan live within their means and retire with dignity. Those that don't retire and live in their car.
You have to have an income to fund it as well.
They couldn't have had that kind of income at Fedex for that brief period of time.
They had to have other sources or it's a no go the portable pension is not responsible if they are doing fine.

floridays

Discipline. How many game systems did you own? His many cars did you buy? How many days did you eat out instead of bringing your lunch? How many movie channels did your TV have? How many DVD movies did you buy? You can have a plan and stick to it or you can sleep in your car.
How many didn't they buy, to fund this massive 401k plus a portable pension?
We can run some numbers that everyone here knows are not possible for a 17 year max employee and an exaggeration will not yield a fine retirement.

You said the portable, your terms, then added the 401k, an addition.
Do you have anymore additions or want to change the story again.

I may humor myself and run some numbers this weekend.

AB831

Why are you wasting your time with this idiot? He lucked into job that got him to top rate in 14 months and got a pension, straight out of high school. Let him act like he's Warren Buffett and some how he's self made.

I don't know many people who have to lie to others about winning the lottery.
He's another boomer who mistakes his "right place, right time" dumb luck for hard work, sacrifice, and skill. He lords his tenure over people who couldn't care less about it, because he knows that's the only thing keeping him from working third shift at McDonald's which is the only other job he's actually qualified to do.

AB831

Falconprick, you are such a judgmental piece of sheet...you really have low self-esteem with your tone...You think you're smart and maybe you are , but you act like a :censored2: face duchebag!
It really bothers him to see someone else enjoying life. But hey, he's topped out in servitude to Fat Freddy, so he's better than you!

falcon back

I call View attachment 306700 once again, unless they had no bills.
I mean, no bills. We know what the market, they had years lost in catching up or they had retained it in cash equivalent accounts and lost years of growth.

Your story does not add up. It's not plausible.

Once again, I stand to be corrected, correct me.
It took a couple of years to recover what was lost in 2008. The market has nearly recovered what it lost earlier this year. I dont know anyone that retires solely on our pension. You better have a nice 401k to base retirement on. If not, you might be sleeping in your car like your hero does.

floridays

It took a couple of years to recover what was lost in 2008. The market has nearly recovered what it lost earlier this year. I dont know anyone that retires solely on our pension. You better have a nice 401k to base retirement on. If not, you might be sleeping in your car like your hero does.
We aren't talking about me, I'm fine.
We are talking about this:

I know dozens of retirees that are doing just fine. Some of those only had the Portable

I don't chase a shiny object unless I think it may somehow benefit me.
Respond to what I called
bsbullf.gif

I understand you can't, because it is.

McFeely

Huge Member
I will continue to make the $230 payment on the Element and when it's paid off in 18 months my wife will sell it and keep the money. ...I'm also paying $45k total on a Honda CRV that will be paid off when I'm 64.

Jesus H, Van! I've always applauded your adventurous spirit in retirement and your travels, but gosh darn man. That's a lotta dough for cars, which are horrible investments to begin with. Buy a cheaper car and then run it into the ground...200k miles or more isn't unreasonable for many modern cars.

I wish your wife and her kid weren't taking advantage of you here too. Need to cut the cord on that sheet, man. Go be a one man wolf pack and keep your Honda Element. Find some hookup website to get your needs met every now and then and live your life. I truly do wish you a happy retirement, and it sounds like you're on your way with the exception of your wife's mistreatment of you.

floridays

Jesus H, Van! I've always applauded your adventurous spirit in retirement and your travels, but gosh darn man. That's a lotta dough for cars, which are horrible investments to begin with. Buy a cheaper car and then run it into the ground...200k miles or more isn't unreasonable for many modern cars.

I wish your wife and her kid weren't taking advantage of you here too. Need to cut the cord on that sheet, man. Go be a one man wolf pack and keep your Honda Element. Find some hookup website to get your needs met every now and then and live your life. I truly do wish you a happy retirement, and it sounds like you're on your way with the exception of your wife's mistreatment of you.
Gotta agree, that's a lot of cash for a point A to Point B with limited funds, still high for an A to B with funds.