Retroactive checks

Blazian81

Question, if I leave ups will I still get my Retro check? I've heard from others and a lawyer friend that because I stayed after the contract was actually ratified that ups owes me that money.

I've started working at a paid internship full time and I just don't know how long I can keep up this overnight air hub work. I've worked for ups for nearly two years, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I found out that I was having seizures, for a while now, unknowingly....a condition that's worsened after I started working both jobs.

I don't want to pay out of pocket for pet scans and stuff while they figure out what the root cause is. By my calculations ups owes me 500 and some odd hours. Ups has started acting crazy over that $2 raise and at this point I'm like **** this job, **** the check. I like my crew, but the night ramp is getting pretty goofy nowadays.
Yeah you should be good, those are hrs already worked so you should get paid for that

PTPeanuts

Question, if I leave ups will I still get my Retro check? I've heard from others and a lawyer friend that because I stayed after the contract was actually ratified that ups owes me that money.

I've started working at a paid internship full time and I just don't know how long I can keep up this overnight air hub work. I've worked for ups for nearly two years, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I found out that I was having seizures, for a while now, unknowingly....a condition that's worsened after I started working both jobs.

I don't want to pay out of pocket for pet scans and stuff while they figure out what the root cause is. By my calculations ups owes me 500 and some odd hours. Ups has started acting crazy over that $2 raise and at this point I'm like **** this job, **** the check. I like my crew, but the night ramp is getting pretty goofy nowadays.

You should get the check but personally I would not leave until I saw the money in my bank account. This company is way too shady to be trusted.

Package Stick

"Send it."
You should get the check but personally I would not leave until I saw the money in my bank account. This company is way too shady to be trusted.
Chill out. UPS is not shady, they're cheap. I trust my paycheck to be deposited and correct every Friday at 2am on the dot. They've never shorted me, it's always been the other way around hehe (10 hours yesterday as a PTer).

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
You guys didn't hear this from me... but a buddy of mine dug up Hoffa sr.'s body from the 50 yd line of giants stadium, and in his breast pocket were all the retro checks.:speechless:

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
You get nothing
w0imd.gif

No_Member_Name

jesus, i was hoping to quit b4 July and now i have to wait until middle of Jul

“Estimate 240,000 workers (Locals 705 and 710 are not part of the national agreement), with 110,000 full-time and 130,000 part-time, many of whom have left the company and won’t collect a dime. Estimate 20,000 in progression, who are owed a lot of money. We got $283 million.”

UPS has 283 million reasons to delay retro pay

Last edited:

P700slave

UPS. I have been an employee for 30 years. You're still a bunch of lying corporate greedy SOBs. Its our money. Give us our damn money. If you have a shipper that is 30 days behind, you cut them off. And that's not even taking into account 10% of their shipments don't arrive on time. I say we strike.

Funny how UPS can get a 100 pound package 1/2 way around the world in 24 hours but can't figure out how to print a check for 11 weeks?? If the union had any balls they would say "have our check done in 1 week or we all walk off the job". Oh yea I forgot... union and UPS management... same thing.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I would love to hear a justification for what could possibly be taking this long.

Second quarter ends June 30. Hold off on the retro checks until the first week of July, so as not to affect the second quarter earnings.

The Company's main goal....

Appease our stockholders, screw our employees.

I am giving you credit @Benben since you already posted this.

I told you all weeks ago, the checks will go out after the start of the next financial quarter!

Dakotahboy4

What if left after the contract was ratified I worked their a year to the day April 29th 18 to April 29th 19 just a question no biggie if not so no need for anything other than a straight answer.