roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yolo

If you loosen your brake up enough you can just drive with it on. Saves a few seconds every stop.

clean hairy

OP on here telling us about being fired from his next job:
"Not my fault, they never told or showed me the basket of fries had to be put in the fryer to cook"
"AND, they never told or showed me the meat patty was supposed to be on the bun"
"I am going to company HQ, walk straight into the office of the CEO and let them know this is unacceptable to not be properly trained!"

11.19igrad

OP on here telling us about being fired from his next job:
"Not my fault, they never told or showed me the basket of fries had to be put in the fryer to cook"
"AND, they never told or showed me the meat patty was supposed to be on the bun"
"I am going to company HQ, walk straight into the office of the CEO and let them know this is unacceptable to not be properly trained!"
how often do you keep checking back to see if you got a funny rating??
probably because ur not. I've been a chef, actually.

11.19igrad

the first draft of my panel statement and wanted to also send a copy to my center. thoughts? ifs it's just "funny" to you, just save it please. thanks. I have appreciated all of the responses to this thread that made it clear my fault in this. I didn't like them at first but I get it now.

"Ups is an environment of self reliance, connection with other drivers and engaging with management towards a common goal of safety and connecting the world through logistics. In my new journey here, there are many unknowns I will encounter, and this situation unfolded because of one of these unknowns and because of a lapse in my depth of focus. In the moment that led to this event I had become frustrated and I moved a few seconds too quickly, neglecting to double check all my methods. I cannot express the depth of my regret for this. During this time I have learned many new things, including the ways in which my depth of focus , self reliance and responsibility needs to be and has been drastically enhanced. I want to express a heartfelt apology to the company, my management, union reps and the other drivers in my center for any burden and stress this event has caused . Being granted another privilege to resume my position is one I realize is a distant hope but I do want to emphasize the investment ups and myself has.made in my development this far and that this event can be overcome and result in a painful but productive learning and growing experience. Thank you for your time and consideration."

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
or if they are too busy, create a safety driver manager who only works very closely especially with new drivers and especially with 22.4s drilling the habits and showing real-life examples of WHY they are the habits. I think the old school drivers come from a different time and had to wait for years and decades to do this job. But new guys like me with the company 4 months then driving cant just be tossed out there despite our best intentions and personal responsibility. 98% of their communication with us is about getting stops off but the deeper safety habit building and development is even more critical. If I had more one on one real-life examples shown to me, it would help me remember to take those extra few seconds and double-check I've done every habit. I will now but why did it take this happening for them to show me more things I didn't know? they are working for a paycheck just like all of us. they have to earn it too.
Be prepared, expect the unexpected

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
the first draft of my panel statement and wanted to also send a copy to my center. thoughts? ifs it's just "funny" to you, just save it please. thanks. I have appreciated all of the responses to this thread that made it clear my fault in this. I didn't like them at first but I get it now.

"Ups is an environment of self-reliance, connection with other drivers, and engaging with management towards a common goal of safety and connecting the world through logistics. In my new journey here, there are many unknowns I will encounter, and this situation unfolded because of one of these unknowns and because of a lapse in my depth of focus. At the moment that led to this event, I had become frustrated and I moved a few seconds too quickly, neglecting to double-check all my methods. I cannot express the depth of my regret for this. During this time I have learned many new things, including the ways in which my depth of focus, self-reliance and responsibility needs to be and has been drastically enhanced. I want to express a heartfelt apology to the company, my management, union reps, and the other drivers in my center for any burden and stress this event has caused. Being granted another privilege to resume my position is one I realize is a distant hope but I do want to emphasize the investment ups and myself has.made in my development this far and that this event can be overcome and result in a painful but productive learning and growing experience. Thank you for your time and consideration."
You got the right idea, might be a little too wordy though. But yeah, basically acknowledging that the accident was your fault, committing to be a better safer driver, and asking respectfully for reinstatement is what they want to hear and you hit those points.

Status
Not open for further replies.