roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
He will undoubtedly say or do something that could cost him his job for good.
If the local was going to settle the issue without the drivers presence it would be before the hearing.
He should have his day in court no matter what the outcome.
People sometimes clam up in hearings who are often outspoken outside of the hearing room.
The BA should already be coaching him/her in what to say and not to say before they step into that room.
Your "undoubtedly" presumption is just that.
The company has probably already decided whether or not to keep the op. They may want to hear him/her crawl a bit and the BA may have a good enough line of communication with the LM to already ascertain that.

What's posted on here is often venting stress, gets met with old school hard core attitudes, and the show does it's own roll away from there (23 pages and 448 posts about tightening an e-brake).

11.19igrad

At least OP was shown how to put it in gear and use the gas and brake pedal, along with how to use the steering wheel....
I went from integrad to 6 days a week, 12 hrs a day peak, countless hills. Not one issue. And not once did anyone watch me do a pre-trip or get out with me on a hill during my ride-on after integrad and show me an example of the methods or tightening brake. we did not cover hills at integrad or even curbed wheels. not once. just once is all I needed. even just a handbook we have to sign off on once a week. that way the sups don't have to do anything because they won't anyway, and new guys still know what they need to know.
but congratulations on your groundbreakingly sarcastic jab at me.
arent you original?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I went from integrad to 6 days a week, 12 hrs a day peak, countless hills. Not one issue. And not once did anyone watch me do a pre-trip or get out with me on a hill during my ride-on after integrad and show me an example of the methods or tightening brake. we did not cover hills at integrad or even curbed wheels. not once. just once is all I needed. even just a handbook we have to sign off on once a week. that way the sups don't have to do anything because they won't anyway, and new guys still know what they need to know.
arent you original?
What’s the latest on your job status? Tell them if they reinstate you , you’ll join the safety committee & teach all the green horns about the hand brake & other overlooked hazards of the driver job.

11.19igrad

What’s the latest on your job status? Tell them if they reinstate you , you’ll join the safety committee & teach all the green horns about the hand brake & other overlooked hazards of the driver job.
what safety committee? no safety committee ever worked with me on anything.

Doing time

arent you original?

Man I feel bad that you got fired. I understand how things can happen quickly with just the slightest bit of distraction. Most of the people I know who have had roll always got their job back. Even with property damage. I hope you get your job back. You will if your building management wants you to. That being said, you are still writing long paragraphs blaming everything under the sun. The bottom line is that you knew how to put the vehicle in park and you didn’t do it. Take some responsibility for what happened first, then talk about how it could have been prevented with better training. That way it won’t just sound like a bunch of whining poor me. Good luck at your hearing.

11.19igrad

Man I feel bad that you got fired. I understand how things can happen quickly with just the slightest bit of distraction. Most of the people I know who have had roll always got their job back. Even with property damage. I hope you get your job back. You will if your building management wants you to. That being said, you are still writing long paragraphs blaming everything under the sun. The bottom line is that you knew how to put the vehicle in park and you didn’t do it. Take some responsibility for what happened first, then talk about how it could have been prevented with better training. That way it won’t just sound like a bunch of whining poor me. Good luck at your hearing.
true that but the handbrake is your plan b and I had no idea it could be loose, I DID have that up and if it was tight it would have held. trust me, delivering :censored2:ing dominos has humbled the :censored2: outta me, and also pissed me off more someone couldn't just tell me this :censored2:. I just needed more follow up after integrad. which I guess is the 30-day training pack I never got because I was qualified at panel because of DQ. we spend 80% of our time panicking over 5's and 10's and getting a ride to walmart. they should handle that :censored2: before we go so we can focus and we need some training in actual neighborhoods, apartments, hills, etc.
thanks for the encouragement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm dumbfounded at myself for not engaging park. brainfart from hell.

...and had your mistake resulted in a little kid being run over and killed you would have had to live with that for the rest of your life....

If----and it is a huge if-----you get your your job back, SLOW DOWN and make sure that you are safely securing the package car at each and every stop.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
true that but the handbrake is your plan b and I had no idea it could be loose, I DID have that up and if it was tight it would have held. trust me, delivering :censored2:ing dominos has humbled the :censored2: outta me, and also pissed me off more someone couldn't just tell me this :censored2:. I just needed more follow up after integrad. which I guess is the 30-day training pack I never got because I was qualified at panel because of DQ. we spend 80% of our time panicking over 5's and 10's and getting a ride to walmart. they should handle that :censored2: before we go so we can focus and we need some training in actual neighborhoods, apartments, hills, etc.
thanks for the encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.