roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
the first draft of my panel statement and wanted to also send a copy to my center. thoughts? ifs it's just "funny" to you, just save it please. thanks. I have appreciated all of the responses to this thread that made it clear my fault in this. I didn't like them at first but I get it now.

"Ups is an environment of self reliance, connection with other drivers and engaging with management towards a common goal of safety and connecting the world through logistics. In my new journey here, there are many unknowns I will encounter, and this situation unfolded because of one of these unknowns and because of a lapse in my depth of focus. In the moment that led to this event I had become frustrated and I moved a few seconds too quickly, neglecting to double check all my methods. I cannot express the depth of my regret for this. During this time I have learned many new things, including the ways in which my depth of focus , self reliance and responsibility needs to be and has been drastically enhanced. I want to express a heartfelt apology to the company, my management, union reps and the other drivers in my center for any burden and stress this event has caused . Being granted another privilege to resume my position is one I realize is a distant hope but I do want to emphasize the investment ups and myself has.made in my development this far and that this event can be overcome and result in a painful but productive learning and growing experience. Thank you for your time and consideration."

Sounds like you had a come to Jesus meeting with somebody

Est.1998

the first draft of my panel statement and wanted to also send a copy to my center. thoughts? ifs it's just "funny" to you, just save it please. thanks. I have appreciated all of the responses to this thread that made it clear my fault in this. I didn't like them at first but I get it now.

"Ups is an environment of self reliance, connection with other drivers and engaging with management towards a common goal of safety and connecting the world through logistics. In my new journey here, there are many unknowns I will encounter, and this situation unfolded because of one of these unknowns and because of a lapse in my depth of focus. In the moment that led to this event I had become frustrated and I moved a few seconds too quickly, neglecting to double check all my methods. I cannot express the depth of my regret for this. During this time I have learned many new things, including the ways in which my depth of focus , self reliance and responsibility needs to be and has been drastically enhanced. I want to express a heartfelt apology to the company, my management, union reps and the other drivers in my center for any burden and stress this event has caused . Being granted another privilege to resume my position is one I realize is a distant hope but I do want to emphasize the investment ups and myself has.made in my development this far and that this event can be overcome and result in a painful but productive learning and growing experience. Thank you for your time and consideration."
I assume they're unaware of you reporting the situation to OSHA

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You got the right idea, might be a little too wordy though. But yeah, basically acknowledging that the accident was your fault, committing to be a better safer driver, and asking respectfully for reinstatement is what they want to hear and you hit those points.

One, maybe two paragraphs at the most. First paragraph briefly summarizing the incident and the second briefly summarizing your personal action plan to learn from this and to improve as a driver.

Poop Head

Judge me.

"Welp, i :censored2:ed up. It wont happen again."

rocket man

Sounds like you shouldn't be a driver if you didn't know how to tighten handbrake without being told. It must have been a bitch not going to the bathroom cuz they didn't tell you where it was

35years

Gravy route
Ok,
You guys can bash me for saying this, but it is true. Remember I have been a UPSer almost 40 years.

There is one truck in our center, an automatic 7 cube that will break free on a slope in park. The e-break also loosens easily. You have to tighten it at every stop. I am old school, decades using a manual transmission. So I am anal about tightening the brake. The truck is dangerous both because of it breaking free and the break twisting loose so easily.

It broke free on me twice, I wrote it up, and it was worked on but not really corrected. I eventually got a new vehicle but it is a run away in the making.

I wonder if he drove the same model. I wonder if UPS is aware of the problem with this model but has not retired them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok,
You guys can bash me for saying this, but it is true. Remember I have been a UPSer almost 40 years.

There is one truck in our center, an automatic 7 cube that will break free on a slope in park. The e-break also loosens easily. You have to tighten it at every stop. I am old school, decades using a manual transmission. So I am anal about tightening the brake. The truck is dangerous both because of it breaking free and the break twisting loose so easily.

It broke free on me twice, I wrote it up, and it was worked on but not really corrected. I eventually got a new vehicle but it is a run away in the making.

I wonder if he drove the same model. I wonder if UPS is aware of the problem with this model but has not retired them.

If you’ve been around almost 40 years you should know that if you deem a vehicle unsafe you don’t have to drive it

35years

Gravy route
If you’ve been around almost 40 years you should know that if you deem a vehicle unsafe you don’t have to drive it
Yep
I no longer do.

The first time it happened I figured it was a fluke. The second time it happened was the last time I drove it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
2and day envlopes work better
From 2nd Day envelope to this:
Screenshot_20200517-231725_Chrome.jpg

Unsuspecting porch pirates beware.
The CIR that is a good one.

11.19igrad

Sounds like you shouldn't be a driver if you didn't know how to tighten handbrake without being told. It must have been a bitch not going to the bathroom cuz they didn't tell you where it was
sorry but you're late to the making me feel like :censored2: party.
I should and have felt like :censored2:. chapter closed.
people need to learn stuff. or should we close all schools, universities, etc?
some people, actually a lot of much smarter people work better jobs that require way more brain cells and they even get to sell ideas for millions or billions.
probably because they prefer cuisine that doesn't consist of bologna and the occasional ruby Tuesdays.
:censored2: off

Poop Head

Judge me.
some people, actually most people do more in life that requires way more brain cells.
probably because they prefer cuisine that doesn't consist of bologna and the occasional ruby Tuesdays.
Just make sure to tell us when you land that job, making 200k a year with a tight little 19yo secretary that gets your coffee

Overpaid Union Thug

some people, actually a lot of much smarter people work better jobs that require way more brain cells and they even get to sell ideas for millions or billions.
You are at Massman right? If so then you were either trained as a driver there, which is the main training hub for the district, or sent to integrad. Either way either of those locations should have shown you how to deal with a hand break. If not that’s actually quite sad. And is more proof that UPS sucks at training their people.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

And you were doing so good showing a little contrition

Hope you can control your outburst’s at your hearing

11.19igrad

You are at Massman right? If so then you were either trained as a driver there, which is the main training hub for the district, or sent to integrad. Either way either of those locations should have shown you how to deal with a hand break. If not that’s actually quite sad. And is more proof that UPS sucks at training their people.
i knew to use it, try to go with it up and if something wrong write a mechanic report. Nothing about tightening or loosening. I can't even remember a sup testing me on my pre-trip once I got back from integrad. But, still, I could and should have asked to review even with other drivers and I would have caught it.

Status
Not open for further replies.