route rebid question

scooter4me

I just got the route I've wanted for 2+ years. I was unassigned before that. When we rebid routes next year, do I have the option of keeping it or could someone with more seniority take it from me?

barnyard

KTM rider
Depends on what your local practice is. If you are in a center that rebids routes, then someone with more seniority could sign it and I suspect that you already know the answer.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I just got the route I've wanted for 2+ years. I was unassigned before that. When we rebid routes next year, do I have the option of keeping it or could someone with more seniority take it from me?
In the meantime, everyday you need to scream from the rooftops how much you hate that route. Wild dogs, nasty hookers, terrorists, mosquitoes with herpes, you get the picture.

jaker

trolling
He won the bid , so you figure if someone wanted it more they would've took it then

But if you bid yearly talk bad about the route

barnyard

KTM rider
You have a couple of choices...

If your building is a rebid building, enjoy the time you have on the route. Take the time to decide if doing the same route all the time is what you really want to do. There are advantages and disadvantages.

I covered the same route for a little over 3 years. Given a chance, I would have bid it, but it moved to another building. Since then, I have been a cover guy again. There are about 4 weeks a year where I do not have my best pick and have to run a cut car. I am fine with that. Maybe I will change my mind when one of my faves comes up. In the meantime, I am fine with being on the extra board.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is the route nice? Maybe I'll bid on it and take it.