Rumor spread of MN starting top scale pay of next contract

542thruNthru

I don’t thing people know what it costs for housing on the west coast… let alone in San Diego…it’s stupid…ask @542thruNthru, he’s living in a double wide over by the airport..
Raises will be the same as always. Especially if we are going to attempt to get ride of the 22.4 language, pay a much higher starting PT wage and a catch up raise for PTers. All things promised.

542thruNthru

If I want to keep the part-time workforce intact they have to change their ways a little bit.
Either more money or more hours
I'll give him a flexible schedule where they can work another job
Most PT don't want more hours. They just want more pay and more than the guy below them. I personally think PT needs a progression like driver's. Topped out at a certain time then annual raises after that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I work in a center in the NW, one of supervisors who came out to our center said to another driver they already locked in the starting top rate for the next contract. I am highly skeptical of this as it seems to be a bit early and imo almost an extra contractual agreement before even seeing any National or regional language that's been suggested yet. I'm thinking it's just a sup running their mouth but the amount is close to $50/hr which seems highly unlikely as in NW we'll be just above $41/hr. Thoughts or ideas appreciated (especially with anyone in MN who might've heard anything).
You sure? I heard $55?

Most PT don't want more hours. They just want more pay and more than the guy below them. I personally think PT needs a progression like driver's. Topped out at a certain time then annual raises after that.
But they also need a regular schedule.
Some people are in school, some people have kids a part-time job isn't working 6 days a week double shifting.