Rumor spread of MN starting top scale pay of next contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I want to keep the part-time workforce intact they have to change their ways a little bit.
Either more money or more hours
I'll give him a flexible schedule where they can work another job
They just need to make more full time jobs…there will always be a few who want PT but for them to keep people they need to make most jobs 8+ hours…think it will save the company in the long run with insurance and turnover..

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
A little bit of concession on wages would go a long way in securing 5 day work weeks, working overtime protection, better PT schedule mobility and PT wage/meal period expansions and protections.

They can also cut lots or existing concessions that have been made in the PT-to-FT sections.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We'll see. There is a very large wish list and it's growing by the day it seems.

It is not like we have not seen these “wish lists” before, every contract year proposals have been submitted by the rank and file and every year we been given scraps from the table, with our previous leadership saying take it or else:

These are the big three:

A. GWI increases generally run under a dollar, with inflation running amok that will change, if not a buck increase it has to be tied to a adequate COLA increase, progression has to be reduced particularly with our full time positions.

B. Pension increases per Article 34 runs around an additional .50 cent per hour on a 40 hour week. That is adequate considering how the Western Conferences are growing, the rest of the Teamsters’s negotiated pension funds are defined pension plans are are not getting the same monetary contributions as those under a monetary benefit plan like the West. So the Company is not obligated to raise or contribute, if the plan does well in it’s investments the company saves money.

C. Health and Welfare increases apply to everybody that again generally runs an additional .50 cents per hour. Currently the “Team care” plan is doing very well with these projected hourly increases.

Expect again in 2023 another 2 bucks an hour in increase to cover those benefits. I am out of the Central and have seen piss poor negotiations over our pension benefits, particularly with anybody who had vested time as a part timer. The 2023 contract will be about pension equality plain and simple, a ton of veterans will be expecting the new ticket to finally address this negligence.

542thruNthru

It is not like we have not seen these “wish lists” before, every contract year proposals have been submitted by the rank and file and every year we been given scraps from the table, with our previous leadership saying take it or else:

These are the big three:

A. GWI increases generally run under a dollar, with inflation running amok that will change, if not a buck increase it has to be tied to a adequate COLA increase, progression has to be reduced particularly with our full time positions.

B. Pension increases per Article 34 runs around an additional .50 cent per hour on a 40 hour week. That is adequate considering how the Western Conferences are growing, the rest of the Teamsters’s negotiated pension funds are defined pension plans are are not getting the same monetary contributions as those under a monetary benefit plan like the West. So the Company is not obligated to raise or contribute, if the plan does well in it’s investments the company saves money.

C. Health and Welfare increases apply to everybody that again generally runs an additional .50 cents per hour. Currently the “Team care” plan is doing very well with these projected hourly increases.

Expect again in 2023 another 2 bucks an hour in increase to cover those benefits. I am out of the Central and have seen piss poor negotiations over our pension benefits, particularly with anybody who had vested time as a part timer. The 2023 contract will be about pension equality plain and simple, a ton of veterans will be expecting the new ticket to finally address this negligence.
The 2023 contract will be about pensions for you because you're close to retirement and in central states.

Sorry but I disagree. Look at the articles written by the media and social media and most mention things other than pensions. Hell most on here think their pensions are now good because of the butch lewis act.

Promises have been made and it's not just wish lists this time.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If I'm not making more than my wife by the end of the contract, it's a hard "no" for me! I need to reestablish my male dominance!!!

033B853F-4C43-4488-AECE-2EC720B42BBB.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The 2023 contract will be about pensions for you because you're close to retirement and in central states.

Sorry but I disagree. Look at the articles written by the media and social media and most mention things other than pensions. Hell most on here think their pensions are now good because of the butch lewis act.

The only promise made by the winning side was to eliminate these 22.4 driving positions with the 2023 contract. That is not much of an effort considering that even the ground level management considers those positions as useless in operations. Retention and getting capable employees in order to fill their numbers had always been on their agenda. The only thing that their corporate overlords are worried about are the costs associated with these contracts. The GWI is a given, our health coverages can be improved with the same increases already in our contract. The International only negotiates the amount it is up to these healthcare agencies to improve their benefits annually.

Agree I am close to retirement, but I have been involved with this pension disparity over the last thirty years...try to project on how events are folding with the elimination of the management pension in 2023, the pilot and mechanics will be negotiating at the same time and they have vested interest in that plan also. You are under the West and your pension is safe and will continue to grow, I understand that point of view. From the Western view; what will be the main sticking point with the 2023 Contract?

542thruNthru

The only promise made by the winning side was to eliminate these 22.4 driving positions with the 2023 contract. That is not much of an effort considering that even the ground level management considers those positions as useless in operations. Retention and getting capable employees in order to fill their numbers had always been on their agenda. The only thing that their corporate overlords are worried about are the costs associated with these contracts. The GWI is a given, our health coverages can be improved with the same increases already in our contract. The International only negotiates the amount it is up to these healthcare agencies to improve their benefits annually.

Agree I am close to retirement, but I have been involved with this pension disparity over the last thirty years...try to project on how events are folding with the elimination of the management pension in 2023, the pilot and mechanics will be negotiating at the same time and they have vested interest in that plan also. You are under the West and your pension is safe and will continue to grow, I understand that point of view. From the Western view; what will be the main sticking point with the 2023 Contract?
There were other promises as well but you think the removal of 22.4s is going to be a easy task? The company may think 22.4s are useless in your area but definitely not across the country. I wish I had your optimism of how easy it will be to eliminate the 22.4 position and make them all RPCDs.

Out in the west it's 22.4s, wages/catch up raises, PVDs, cameras/technology and of course maintaining pension and H&W.

542thruNthru

Oh and maintaining the 9.5 for all when the 22.4 language is removed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Who made these promises?? Denis negotiator?