Rumor spread of MN starting top scale pay of next contract

upsguy28

I work in a center in the NW, one of supervisors who came out to our center said to another driver they already locked in the starting top rate for the next contract. I am highly skeptical of this as it seems to be a bit early and imo almost an extra contractual agreement before even seeing any National or regional language that's been suggested yet. I'm thinking it's just a sup running their mouth but the amount is close to $50/hr which seems highly unlikely as in NW we'll be just above $41/hr. Thoughts or ideas appreciated (especially with anyone in MN who might've heard anything).

upsguy28

I know it seems I'm just trying to start a fire but I thought it was incredulous that an on road from across the US would say they've locked something in 1.5 yrs before this one is even up.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I know it seems I'm just trying to start a fire but I thought it was incredulous that an on road from across the US would say they've locked something in 1.5 yrs before this one is even up.
Listen up. The new president of the IBT hasn’t even been sworn in yet. I’m sure negotiations will start early, it’s impossible for something to be locked in yet, as the negotiating committee probably for the IBT hasn’t even been formed yet.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
On road sups are the worst… many think they are considered “upper mgt” but nothing is farther from the truth.. especially 24 year old off the street sups…

PT Car Washer

On road sups are the worst… many think they are considered “upper mgt” but nothing is farther from the truth.. especially 24 year old off the street sups…
On Road Sups are the bottom rung on the UPS management ladder. Most will spend their entire career there. PT sups are just hourlies with another pay rate.

nWo

$50/hr isn't going to happen. We have to be realistic.

We have to maintain and improve our health insurance and pensions.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
$50/hr isn't going to happen. We have to be realistic.

We have to maintain and improve our health insurance and pensions.
Really. Over 7 Billion in profit through three quarters this year! What else will stop the excessive OT that comes with the ten and a half non peak months of the year? $50 and hour or fund the pension for ALL hours worked. Their choice.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Really. Over 7 Billion in profit through three quarters this year! What else will stop the excessive OT that comes with the ten and a half non peak months of the year? $50 and hour or fund the pension for ALL hours worked. Their choice.
I don’t thing people know what it costs for housing on the west coast… let alone in San Diego…it’s stupid…ask @542thruNthru, he’s living in a double wide over by the airport..