Sales Lead Training

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
On my board it is under special counts on the right side. Very cryptic, you cant hit stop complete when done, you just back out of what you put in.

LeddySS98

"Next Scheduled Contact on 04/21/08 06:00 PM" This means that the next contact with the customer will be on April 21st.This lead has not sold yet.They could be negotiating prices or something like that.Ask your BD rep what the situation is.They can look up the lead # and give you exact info as to what is going on.When it sells it will say "lead sold on such and such date" Then you will receive 13 weeks of shipping credit.

Thanks for the info... this does'nt make any sense though, they have been a scheduled pick up for months now???

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, you actually get 125 points for every new Freight Account. Just don't go select UPS Freight unless there is an opportunity present. It sends a separate message to B/D to follow up on the Freight.

I believe $25 is the amount for a freight lead that sells.Just to add something on the topic of different kinds of leads.

Tooner, you hit stop complete after you fill in the screen which shows what service level(s) this lead has potential volume in.

Either way 25 or 125, and no one seems to know, it wasnt worth it for me to give away my volume for that amount of money. He now pallatizes work I used to take, to put on UPS freight.

Thanks upstate, always in such a hurry never had time to ask, but they wouldnt know anyway.

BrownSuit

Either way 25 or 125, and no one seems to know, it wasnt worth it for me to give away my volume for that amount of money. He now pallatizes work I used to take, to put on UPS freight.

Points equate to a dollar figure, in this case it sounds like a 5 to 1 ratio.

As for "giving away volume" I would think you would be thankful if it's enough large heavy boxes to be palletized, that takes room out of your truck to be used for other things. I didn't think anybody liked those annoying bulk stops.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well, in my area, I would rather have the volume. The more I lose the more bad area I get. I would rather be stuffed with commercial, than go deeper in the hood. Its all about me.

browniehound

Well, in my area, I would rather have the volume. The more I lose the more bad area I get. I would rather be stuffed with commercial, than go deeper in the hood. Its all about me.

I'm with Tooner on this one. The more pick-up volume I can put in my truck on my area is less time I will be out "shagging" house calls after 6 pm. UPS wants our pick-up volume back as early as possible.

Oh, we have meet points to take care of getting the pickup volume in on time or some of our drivers with areas fairly close to the center come in, unload and go back out to finish 40-50 resi stops. These routes are usually done by lower senior cover drivers because no one will bid them. Average day worked= 10 hours, average dispatch=8.5 to 9. Our mall car (cars actually) has 158 pickup stops, at least two other routes with over 100.

Something else you might need to keep in mind when setting up a sales lead. I have found that many businesses are on the national DO NOT CALL list for solicitations, our sales staff has to have a signature from someone at the lead to be able to call them. A few weeks ago, I was covering an extended route out of a sat center. I was given a list of five prospects that a supervisor turned in, I had to contact someone to get an OK to call signed. Interestingly enough, NONE of them had been asked about a pickup account and none of them were interested in one.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A few weeks ago, I was covering an extended route out of a sat center. I was given a list of five prospects that a supervisor turned in, I had to contact someone to get an OK to call signed. Interestingly enough, NONE of them had been asked about a pickup account and none of them were interested in one.

Gee TRPL, ya don't supposer the sup just pulled the names out of the phone book do ya?:rofl:

BrownSuit

A few weeks ago, I was covering an extended route out of a sat center. I was given a list of five prospects that a supervisor turned in, I had to contact someone to get an OK to call signed. Interestingly enough, NONE of them had been asked about a pickup account and none of them were interested in one.

Any you wonder why there is such a problem with leads not always being followed up on like they should.

Just make sure you send 'em in yourselves via the link in UPSers like was mentioned above, keep track of where they are with them. You can see the last five comments. If there aren't any comments or indications why the lead isn't being worked anymore, talk to your business manager to followup on the lead.

I'm sure if you say "You're always after me to send in these leads, can you ask what happened with this lead (be sure to give him the lead number from UPSers or the Sales Lead program)" You'll get a response.

Just think, if all five of those leads were bogus, imagine how many other leads that sup submitted which were garbage too.