Sales leads?

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
They have been attaching Google Earth house pictures to DFU's as to where the Drs were made by Cover drivers.....But the Homes in my area are quite spread out...The warning alarm will beep if you are at the house next door on some deliveries but wont beep if you scan a pkg that is for something 5 miles away on others(Go Figure):peaceful:

UPSviking

When the big sales lead push begun I handed in leads all the time, never got on the list and I could not understand why.

One day one of my regular drop-off stops ask me about how fast we ship to the UK and says he likes how on time we always are with his deliveries and the friendly service I provide ;), I hand him one of the pamphlets I have and asks if it would be fine with him if I have an sales rep get in touch with him, he says ok and I call in the lead to BD right away.

I talk to the sales person and agree with them that I make the lead, and they will make sure I get the points if the account goes active.

A couple of days go by and one day the customer tells me that an sales guy did indeed call him and promised to send an E-mail with his new account info so he could start shipping right away, only problem is that he never got the e-mail and has now had to ship with DHL instead, as he already had an account with them.

I get on the phone right away and ask how come they haven't sent the E-mail, telling them that he is ready to start shipping!

Well another two days goes by and he finally starts shipping with us, I check the board to see if I am on the list, I am not, I decide to wait a couple of weeks to see if it maybe just needs to get updated, but no, not on the list......

One day I decide to ask my center manager if he can help me find out as to why my lead is not registered, and guess what?, turns out it had been rejected as "bad lead" and "duplicate lead" by the same sales rep that forgot to send the account info on to the customer!?.

My center manager raised all He... but I never got the points, that happened to me two times more and I just stopped making the leads, I know that growing our business is important and I want to do my part, but it just seems like the guys in BD don't really care....

I still can't help calling BD when I see a juicy chance to take some volume away from DHL, if for nothing else than peace of mind knowing that I did my part.