Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

hegro

I heard about Saturday ground ending at my building as well for the near future. Company trying to save money w/ retro pay coming up. That's what we were told anyways, who knows.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were told Saturday ground is coming to an end in our district in the near future. Also will not be hiring any “hybrid” drivers.
They didn’t get 22.4 in the contract to not utilize them.

Even if they did do away for a short period it’ll be right back when the contract is finalized

Zowert

I’m a Saturday driver, I go out with at least 30 NDA stops (1200 commit time). For the last month there has been less ground each Saturday.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
they notified drivers today that there will be no sat ground this week. air only and a layoff list. guys are fuming

President’s Message
Local 804 has just been informed that UPS intends to suspend Saturday ground delivery for this week. We have been in contact with other locals and this is happening throughout the country.

UPS intends to put up a layoff list for Saturday drivers and they are invoking the Article 40 air language.

We do NOT agree with management's position. We will be in the buildings this Saturday and we will be fighting for the 8-hour guarantee.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
they notified drivers today that there will be no sat ground this week. air only and a layoff list. guys are fuming

President’s Message
Local 804 has just been informed that UPS intends to suspend Saturday ground delivery for this week. We have been in contact with other locals and this is happening throughout the country.

UPS intends to put up a layoff list for Saturday drivers and they are invoking the Article 40 air language.

We do NOT agree with management's position. We will be in the buildings this Saturday and we will be fighting for the 8-hour guarantee.

Bury this garbage company in Grievances

they have reinstated sat ground for tomorrow. no explanation
Saturday Ground at my building today also. Sup told me that those Saturday packages are guaranteed and that UPS would have to refund the shipping charges. Maybe in the future. Some drivers were sent DIAD messages about not fueling but the pumps were not locked and many did fuel.