Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

sandwich

The resident gearhead
So help me understand this Saturday business. I was hired as a Monday-Friday driver. Last summer when Saturdays started at my hub i was forced into Tues-Sat. Turns out they are keeping 12 out of 16 routes on a Saturday and I am one of those 12. How will the proposed wording of the new contract affectme 2 years into my progression?
It won't. Your in progression to the current top rate. It will stay that way.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
But will I then be a Sunday driver also? My wife is already freaking out.
Hard to say. I don't think so. If the contract passes they a combo driver to do sat/Sun at a lesser pay rate. Fulltime ground drivers will most likely be moved back to mon-fri. This is just what i think is going to happen.

opie

I was told staffing will be reduced by about a third. Some laid off part-time Saturday drivers will be asked to come back.

bumped

But will I then be a Sunday driver also? My wife is already freaking out.

I would be freaking out also. Do you have kids? Planning on them? Multiple Kids? Athletics? My wife and I are usually in 2 different cities with our children on any Saturday and/or Sunday, because of athletics. I would never had taken this job if I had to work Saturdays (I haven't yet) much less Saturday and Sunday.

If you have an education...use it.

I would be freaking out also. Do you have kids? Planning on them? Multiple Kids? Athletics? My wife and I are usually in 2 different cities with our children on any Saturday and/or Sunday, because of athletics. I would never had taken this job if I had to work Saturdays (I haven't yet) much less Saturday and Sunday.

With the Saturday Ground, and maybe Sunday, being all of Mondays volume, what is the chance you will be working a full week? Especially if UPS can get cut rate drivers to deliver on week ends.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
With the Saturday Ground, and maybe Sunday, being all of Mondays volume, what is the chance you will be working a full week? Especially if UPS can get cut rate drivers to deliver on week ends.
Well you can always get 5 days by working the weekend. :strikesmileys:

LongIslandNewbie

Yes I have children. Its tough. Too late int he game for me to switch careers again. I switched to UPS 2 years ago. We have learned to deal with Saturdays and have Sunday as a family but Sundays will really hurt.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Even with being on Saturdays I have to fight for 4 days a week. They cut routes daily. Its getting ridiculous.

What the hell area do you live in that they cut routes daily and you have to fight for 4 days a week? Trade me places. I’m literally doing 200 stops a day and getting called on my days off trying to get me to come in.