Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

Cincypackagehandler

Hopefully this comes to my center. Our routes on Saturday have had way less stops the last few weeks. I don’t know if that means anything or it’s just a coincidence. I’d love my Friday nights and Saturday afternoons back.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I wonder if those T-S drivers even if they weren't grandfathered in would make it to a M-friend driver job over the course of their progression anyway so maybe it wouldn't be such a huge deal. For example if I am 1 year in and am a T-S driver, and they screwed us with the lower tier rate, could I bank on the fact that before the 4 year progression I would have been there long enough to get a M-friend bid anyway so maybe it wouldn't affect me as much? I mean the lower tier rate would still higher than being at the bottom of progression anyway, wouldn't it be?

On a side note if they didn't grandfather in the T-S drivers and with how short staffed we already are, I would think it would not bode well and many new drivers would quit making their staffing situation worse and just creating more OT for top rate drivers.

I can't imagine any scenario where any PC driver is making less than the bottom at $18.75/hr.
Hybrid drivers would follow the current progression for full time inside employees.
They start at 15$
Vote no

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was only referring to some of the regional supplements in the discussion.
The problem was that they were voting down their supplements because they didn't like language in the master pertaining to healthcare but because the master had already been approved by a majority vote the company was under no obligation to renegotiate it so the union was at an impasse.

clean hairy

This :censored2: is all contradictory, confusing, and hearsay.

So basically from what I've read so far: 2nd class drivers for Tuesday through Saturday, yet they are cutting Saturdays because they aren't profitable, yet want to implement Sundays.

Also let's vote on a strike authorization without any information about anything whatsoever from UPS rising or the teamsters website.

Might as well start a thread that we are going to start driving around in pink trucks shaped like elephants that are fueled by Lucky charms and dreams. Haha.
Why did you have to leak info on our next generation of our redesigned alternative fuel vehicles? There are not even any prototypes of it yet!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Cutting saturdays in half this week.

No more extended delivery areas, no more abandoning my bros on a Monday, saturday air driving bids are back up.
disco.gif

Method Mensch

I'm in a heavy metropolitan hub.

Theres word here from multiple drivers from different hubs that their Saturday Ground operation is coming to an end. Not profitable and company is losing money.

Also, those buildings and even buildings still with Saturday Ground are bringing back Saturday Air Drivers. Drivers on Saturdays going out with 30 NDA packages and they're all scattered. Could've told them that they should never have gotten rid of the drivers. One late NDA package could have paid for one air driver for 4 hours.

Now, either the air drivers we had went cover, FT driving or now, since they haven't worked Saturdays for over a year, don't want to come back.

Any other hubs going through the same thing? If so, where?
Yeah, knew something was up. I'm an air driver that used to drive Saturdays, was quite happy to comply when they rolled out ground on Saturdays and asked me to stop coming in. They started getting slammed with airs they couldn't handle, asked me to come back. I was happy to decline their invitation. Lo and behold, the center manager just announced they were going to post new Monday to Friday bids shortly.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Passed by 4000 votes. Wasn't a landslide but I wouldn't say it "barely" passed.
whoa whoa whoa. They released results?
Sounds bad. like %50-55 bad when we really should be getting closer to %60-70
Lots of people probably got confused with the no vote campaign. In addition to the quiet majority damn.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Asked my center manager today about Saturdays. Here to stay at our hub.
Told him I am ready to switch back to M-friend. He burst out laughing and said maybe by the time I’m finished with progression.
You should feel lucky they are keeping Saturday in your center. If they weren't you'd be getting laid off

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I didn't get my vote packet and don't know where the meetings are, nor have I gotten a survey, so I guess I need to find my rep next week. I'm not opposed to the authorization, I just wish I could get some legit info. Im a Tues through Sat driver so really want to know about the 2 tier wage thing or if they are cutting Saturdays and how that would affect me.
It's not that hard to call your local and update your address. I've moved 4 times and transferred to a different state during my career and never missed out on anything. Get with it rookie.

LongIslandNewbie

So help me understand this Saturday business. I was hired as a Monday-Friday driver. Last summer when Saturdays started at my hub i was forced into Tues-Sat. Turns out they are keeping 12 out of 16 routes on a Saturday and I am one of those 12. How will the proposed wording of the new contract affectme 2 years into my progression?