Saturday routes are Depressing!

Unless it’s NYC or similar. Double park and load up the hand truck from the rear door. We didn’t even have keys for the bulkhead doors on most trucks. Spent most of the day just sorting through the truck and figuring out the best sequence to load up the hand truck in. Then walked off with 20-30 stops (often in a single doorman drop), almost always pre-recording as they’re stacked onto the hand truck.
Must be such a different life, when a single high rise can have a few dozen stops.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
“ 22.4s will eliminate unwanted over-time” :lol:

YOU GUYS VOTED YES , SEE WHAT HAPPENED! LOL
You guys as in, "not 1 single 22.4?"

I must admit it was a clever thing.

Voting on how another group will be presided over without their vote.

Sounds like NCAA

MrBates

My Saturday route used to be gravy. 120 stops 100mi. Now its more like 200 stops 80+mi. Glad I switched back to M-friend

Overpaid Union Thug

Our first Saturday was hilarious and pathetic. The big whigs made a big deal out of it like UPS had just discovered the cure for cancer and were unveiling it that day or something. Speeches were made. Food was provided. But after the fanfare was over it was just like any other day but with less people standing around before start time.

It was, and continues to be, extra work until Tuesday through Saturday drivers (22.4) are actually hired. I don’t think most of the old-timers that volunteered knew what they were getting into. Once they saw that the routes were actual full routes (and not your typical Saturday or holiday work) they were stunned and regretted volunteering.

I’ll keep volunteering until the dispatches start matching what I have been reading about on this form. But so far they have been lighter days. No one has clocked out late at night yet.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sunday deliveries soon
And it has to. I don’t like it any more than anyone else at UPS but all of our competitors are doing that already. And at a fraction of the price. I think implementing Saturdays and Sundays will help but none of it will matter if our sales department continues to lack the competence to keep or attract new accounts. I have numerous businesses on my route that ship with the post office and/or FedEx Ground and would love to switch to us but I refuse to waste my time, and be embarrassed, by submitting sales leads because I know what will happen if I do. NOTHING. So, working seven days a week might be a moot point.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe in and out of the truck like 15 times max per day. No ORION. But if you didn’t know the route (or get a chance to speak with the regular before departing) then, well, get ready to lose your virginity to the fear of God that comes around in a heartbeat: 5PM. Everyone has a pickup and no one was ever ready. Your resis in the front by the 7000 shelf turn out to be commercials now closed! Sheet as....
Why are you even here? How long ago did you quit?